iPad Crazy Hedgy (3D platformer from Cybertime)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by arta, Dec 20, 2011.

1. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    That's surprising. It doesn't have iCloud enabled, but it would be nice if it kept my save if it comes down to deleting for the update.

2. PrayForDeath

PrayForDeath Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2012
    If you're worried about losing progress, you should save the Documents and Library folders of Crazy Hedgy using iFunBox. No jailbreak necessary.

Btw, the game looks ridiculously good on the new iPad.

3. joydiv

joydiv Well-Known Member

May 18, 2012
    Med Student
    Lisbon
    #383 joydiv, Jun 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
    I generally despise hyperbole, but in this case I'm oblidged to say: this game is stunning on the iPad 3. Definitely wasn't expecting this kind of visual splendor on a mobile device. Every object in the game has a sort of shiny, glowy quality to it. It's really great. The tilt controls, which I generally hate are, too, much better than I expected. They do integrate well with the gameplay mechanics and level designs.

I'm sort of ashamed for having paid only 0,79€ for it, as I feel there must have been a very significant monetary investment in order to make this game what it currently is. I'm certainly buying cybertime's next game, whatever the price. This is the kind of developer that deserves all the support it can get. Their intent is too an especially worthy one: to supplant the lack of Nintendo games on iOS.

4. PrayForDeath

PrayForDeath Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2012
    Totally agree with your graphics remarks.

By the way, the game has in-app purchases if you want to further support the developers.

5. joydiv

joydiv Well-Known Member

May 18, 2012
    Med Student
    Lisbon
    Their IAP store is just a blank page on my device. Hope they work this bug out.

6. Bud

Bud Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    The game is awesome. The characters played different role. It is amazing.

7. cybertime

cybertime Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Hi iVaro!
    What do you mean with "lost the silky smoothness"?? Game should be as fast and smooth as before.

8. cybertime

cybertime Member

Dec 28, 2011
    100 points for you Chris!
    Right, data is restored because of iCloud support!

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    What are you guys on about? As far as I can tell, Crazy Hedgy still doesn't have IAPs. Where's this "IAP Store" you're talking about?

10. cybertime

cybertime Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Thank you very much for this message!
    It is very, very hard for an young indie dev team like us to survive, so we decided to make premium games and fill the lack of Nintendo on the App Store.
    The big problem is, that Apple does not feature us enough to survive. Version 2.0 isn't promoted in any category right now on the App Store.
    If Apple won't do anything next week things will look black for us. :-(

11. cybertime

cybertime Member

Dec 28, 2011
    What are you're talking about??? There is no IAPs in Crazy Hedgy and where should be the blank page?

12. joydiv

joydiv Well-Known Member

May 18, 2012
    Med Student
    Lisbon
    #392 joydiv, Jun 22, 2012
    Oh there isn't? Then what am I supposed to access when I press the button with a little gift on it, in main menu? When I press said button it opens a blank page. As the other poster mentioned IAP I concluded that's what it was supposed to be. Is that a gift app option?

13. cybertime

cybertime Member

Dec 28, 2011
    With this button you can gift the game as a present to anybody you want.

14. cybertime

cybertime Member

Dec 28, 2011
    what happens concrete? is the game starting at all, do you see the game menu or does it crash after the logo animation?!

15. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

#395 Habakuk, Jun 22, 2012
    There is a new editor's pick category "Game Collections" (hopefully people will find it) in the iTunes App Store where Crazy Hedgy is promoted:

[​IMG]

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewRoom?fcId=537728259

Scroll down and go to "Great Platformers". Direct link (Austrian App Store):

http://itunes.apple.com/at/collection/gro-artige-plattformspiele/id25180?fcId=437308323&mt=8

There you'll find Crazy Hedgy. (Should be on first place anyway.)

This would be very sad. Crazy Hedgy was/is more than promising and I would love to buy ANY game by you. And the heavily underrating (not even 4.5 stars) tA editor's review (okay better than nothing) didn't help either…

When it's that difficult for small (and generous without IAPs, w low price) indie AAA devs to survive in App Store I too see no good future for iOS gaming altogether.

Good luck! (Personally I did what I can for you.) Great update btw, thanks! Looks and plays awesome on iPad 3. Clearly one of the best games in town.

tA members! Do something for your passion and your device! Buy that game immediately, it's on sale! Gift it to someone where you want that he/she loves you! Spread the word! Rate it in App Store! Review it! Rate this thread! Rate the app here @ tA in the first posting of this thread!

16. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Nope, game not starting at all, not even the logo or anything. I tap the game's icon, the screen goes black for like a second like it's going to start loading but then it just crashes and goes to the home screen... :/

Still really bummed...

17. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Oh, and I'm on a 3rd gen iPod touch running iOS 4.3.

(darn TA app, can't edit posts from here.)

18. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Cybertime, I hope you'll do whatever you can about marketing. I know that sucks because you have a great game, but unfortunately that is apparently not enough these days. Crazy Hedgy is my all time favorite IOS game, there is indeed simply nothing like it. I don't even want updates because the game feels more than complete, I just want to see more games from you and hope you will not give up. Sometimes it takes a while for a game to get noticed. Don't hesitate to contact gaming websites and Apple yourself, give out interviews, build relationships, etc.

19. Habakuk

Did you jailbreak your device at any time?

20. Habakuk

#400 Habakuk, Jun 22, 2012