iPad Crazy Hedgy (3D platformer from Cybertime)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by arta, Dec 20, 2011.

1. bagofeyes

bagofeyes Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2011
    Australia
    very polished game. nice.

2. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    This game is really fun. I truly enjoyed the first few levels, and am definitely going to replay levels to get all the coins.

3. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Very positive impressions after the first few levels. Kept feeling like I was playing Rayman/SM 3D Land, which is the highest compliment possible. I still feel like tilt to move is rather tedious though. I guess it'd be too generic if it used a virtual joystick, and the camera would have been difficult to perfect. Really liking the upgrade system. Looks like there's tons of content as promised. Highly recommended.

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Loving this game, in a time of IAP's seeing something like this is great. Hope it sells well and i hope people really buy this

This is a type of game which does work very well with tilt BUT i still love my onscreen buttons so an option would be nice. But again this game does work well with tilt so its not a huge biggie.

Great looking game, very happy with my purchase

5. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Really awesome game! I am nominating it as GOTY in the list, of course MC3 gets my vote, but this gets nomination :D

6. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Unfortunately this game isn't even close to being as well known or hyped as MC3. I wish this site would pick it up though because it's such a wonderful platformer

7. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Agreed. Unfortunately folks are too busy discussing Gameloft's new business model.

Let me restate what I've said in a few other threads. Folks who want premium games at reasonable prices (instead of freemium cash sucks) need to stop complaining and seek out games like this one.

8. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    So it is tilt only but what about the rest of the movements? Does he constantly move forwards? How do you stop or jump or fight? I'll be picking this up after work but would like to know a little more of what I'm getting first. Thanks!

9. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Tilting forward makes hedgy roll forward.

Tilting your device back will make him roll back.

Holding your device in a position similarly to how it was calibrated makes him stop.

Touch right side of the screen to jump and touch the left side of the screen to fight.

The controls and camera are perfect.

10. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Full movement. You can stop, go backwards, jump onto obstacles, and in general forge your own path through a platform.

Technicallt speaking, this is a ball roller, but it doesn't really play like one. Games like Super Monkey Ball challenge you by making it increasingly difficult to stay on a platform -- one false move and you're done. In this game you have spikes and you pretty much stick where you are, so navigating narrow walkways etc is not a control challenge (though you may still get bumped off by an enemy or trap). The focus here is platforming, exploration, and combat, which has surprising depth for a platformer.

11. caanerud

caanerud Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    I will buy this just after Christmas....looks pretty fantastic.

12. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    I am very pleased with my purchase of Crazy Hedgy. After listening to GoofyJ's and yours impressions, I decided to buy the game. And when I played it, it was very fun! Reminded me of Super Mario 64 (but a ball rolling version of that).

13. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    [​IMG]

That's right, Crazy Hedgy is a candidate for TouchArcade's Game of the Week!

If you want it to make the cut, nominate it for voting in this thread.
    :cool:

Note: This poll is for existing TouchArcade members only. Developers may not nominate/vote for their own games, nor bring outsiders in to vote.

14. Tannorexic

Tannorexic Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere in the spiritual realm
    How long will this be on sale for? I'm actually a bit worried about this gem cause since the AppStore Is frozen it's not featured or anything..only on websites but most casual gamers dont check websites, they rely on apples featured lists...

Gotta clear some space..will this ever be smaller in the future? I like the look of the game but the file size take some of my attraction away

15. Zaz

Zaz Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    I just watched the video, it looks pretty good. I've a lot of new games because of the last releases, so I'll add this one on my to-buy list :)

16. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Considering the amount of content, the file size doesn't surprise me...

17. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    yeah... after playing, I'm surprised it's not 200MB+

But really... 128 isn't bad at all... it's when they get up to 800MB+ that I really start to question wether or not they're worth having on my device...

18. caanerud

caanerud Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Agreed. This file size for a match-3 or something may concern me a bit, but for a 3D platformer I think it's perfectly fine.

19. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    It's actually 322MB on the device, so it is pretty big indeed... But it's SO worth it! I am blown away by the quality of the game.