CrazyCat - Wario Ware on steroids!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Mikkel, Oct 26, 2009.

1. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    when you think of the market as a whole it is extremely hard to guess just how much information the majority will need to make it fun, but still challenging at the same time. it's even harder for me to make such a guess, given that i'm only aware of a minority of the minigames. the best i can currently offer are two things.

number one is to give players the option of whether they want the hints(tap/shake/scratch/etc) to be displayed or not. a less casual gamer such as myself finds the scramble in figuring the minigame out based solely on its title the challenge and fun of it. being a seasoned warioware fan, i found the added instructions unnecessary for the most part during the trailer, with only a few moments where i might have been a bit confused as to what to do. but again, to me that's the fun of it, and i'm also already used to this type of game setup. i definitely don't want the challenge to be lost for gamers like me. therefor i think a hint system like the one i've mentioned is a viable route to take.

number two is allowing the players to go back and replay minigames that they've experienced thus far, whether they were successful in completing them or not. this way a gamer having troubles with specific minigames can take the time to practice them until they've got it down(or in the least understand what to do) and are ready for the real thing. these are the best solutions i can offer so far. thank you for taking your time to read my post.

2. STP_Tim

STP_Tim Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    I agree with both of these points. Two of the ways that WarioWare really shines.

3. sinuyan

sinuyan Active Member

Oct 4, 2009
    this game looks insanely amazing!
    are there going to be leaderboards?

4. DrMonkey

DrMonkey Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2009
    Isn't WarioWare already on steroids? XD
    These looks like an awesome copy of WarioWare!
    Better than the Team Phobic version. :b
    Can't wait for it to release! :D

5. @nodoctors, thanks for your lengthy reply. I agree with your sentiments and we will definately consider leaving the game hints as a toggable option. For the purpose of the video we decided to add very explicit hints to give the viewer a better understanding of whatÂ’s going on.

@sinuyan, Leader boards are a great idea and something we will definately consider. Would be cool to challenge your friends to a game of CrazyCat :D

/Mikkel