Creature Chaos - Pokemon/Digimon inspired game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by B.I.G Games, Aug 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. B.I.G Games

B.I.G Games Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2010
    We were at PAX all weekend meeting folks and showing off our game. We got some great feedback and suggestions.

We're working hard to get the last of the core systems working then we'll be working on pumping in as much content as possible. Currently we have 20 creatures in the game and another 40 or so that need to be dropped in.

For now here's an updated video that shows what we were showing at PAX.

2. B.I.G Games

Dec 9, 2010
    Updated the front page with more in-depth info to make it easier for people to find info.

3. MasterWill

MasterWill Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Pls tell us more about beta test.
    Is there going to be more than 1 attack ? That slash animation is quite ok.
    I hope there will be 50+ animated skills.
    There is so much i would suggest but this game is still in developement so ill wait till beta :)

4. lepke

lepke Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2013
    Japan
    #44 lepke, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
    Will keep an eye on this!

Oh and let me know if need a bet tester ;)

I hope it will be close to Pokemon vanilla and the fewer the creatures the better provided that let's you develop them well and be thoroughly throughout and not thrown together.

5. B.I.G Games

Dec 9, 2010
    We're doing our best to get the Beta ready. We need to add more content before we're comfortable allowing people to test.

Yes there will be more than 1 attack. Creatures can have up to 3 attacks each.

6. MasterWill

Feb 19, 2013
    Will there be a way to switch OFF this attack bar?

7. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    The attack bar, my eyeballs are stressful, games are meant to be stress free right? Lol

8. B.I.G Games

Dec 9, 2010
    We need to work a little on the attack bar. It'll probably be bigger and will move a bit slower, but we plan to keep it. It adds a level of skill to the game that we really like.

9. Jxsgamer

Jxsgamer Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    USA
    #49 Jxsgamer, Sep 5, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
    This looks promising! :D
    And, I know this has probably been said many times already, but...
    I really like the art! It has simplicity, but the details put into the shades are complex as well. Look really fun, I'll like to see how good a rogue-like Pokemon can be!

Are there going to be any towns/cities?

I'm not favoring the attack slider, seems like it can get annoying pretty fast. :/
    Here's an idea for the slider, you could slow it down and make it accelerate as it travels within the red zone.
    Take a look at Monster Galaxy: The Zodiac Islands, it similarly provides a slider to boost power efficiency too.

10. B.I.G Games

Dec 9, 2010
    Thanks for the kind words.

We currently dont have plans for towns or cities, but we might add it to future plans. We have so much we want to do with this game, we just want to get a good game done first. We're hoping it'll be successful enough that we can keep adding on to it.

I checked out the game you mentioned. We'll play with the attack bar so it hopefully feels better.

11. lepke

lepke Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2013
    Japan
    Have you checked smogon? Think they had an app taken down, due to copyright would be my guess but is this what you are going for?

12. B.I.G Games

Dec 9, 2010
    Smogon university looks to be an exact clone of Pokemon with some user submitted content. What we're looking to do is create something new and different, while still seeming familiar. We want to put a twist on the pokemon-like games.

We have completely original creatures, our world is dynamic and the way leveling up and evolution work in our game is completely different to pokemon.

13. lepke

lepke Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2013
    Japan
    Not the clone part (not really what smogon is,) the point of it and my question is to be focus on an online style arena battler similar to that of Pokemon between trainers. All the other stuff sound great but I'm still confused perhaps!? :p on what your focus and core or replay ability is at.

14. B.I.G Games

Dec 9, 2010
    Okay, I misunderstood. For intial launch we are going for a single player experience where your goal is to just explore and create new creatures. In the future we plan to add a ton of things, one of which is online competitive battle.

15. lepke

lepke Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2013
    Japan
    Sounds cool :) I will hope it is different enough then from Pokemon in its single player aspects (since I get that fix already.) But similar enough to Pokemon in its online aspects :)

Played Pokemon on and off since game boy days extensively.

To be honest, I could kill for an online iOS battler similar to Pokemon, don't have DS anymore, won't get a 3DS, nintendos online is and seemingly always will be terrible, if your goal is to capture that "essence" like smogon on the iOS you have a buyer here :)

Let me know if want/need beta tester on the iPad and good luck with the game.

16. charamath

charamath Member

Aug 21, 2013
    lead artist on Creature Chaos
    WA
    Hopefully you can forgive the bad quality of these photos (I'd upload scans, but I want most of the creatures to remain a surprise). These are the 75 critters we'll be launching the game with. I hope to add many, many more (that will depend on the amount of interest we get when it launches).

Attached Files:

17. MasterWill

Feb 19, 2013
    Pls give us beta access.

I rly want to test this out

18. charamath

charamath Member

Aug 21, 2013
    WA
    We're currently working on the effects and music and adding the newly painted assets in. Once that is done, we'll finally have a playable version for you. We're hoping no longer then a week. In the meanwhile, I thought I'd share a few of my favorite new critters. We're not numbering them, because our intention is to constantly be adding new evolutions and chains to every critter.

Attached Files:

19. charamath

charamath Member

Aug 21, 2013
    WA
    Question: How important is it to you that you be able to rename your creatures?

20. MasterWill

Feb 19, 2013
    For me its very important to have good looking monsters and many of em AND a lot of animated great looking skills which are all differnt looking.
    If this is in a pokemon-like game then i would insta-buy this damn game yesterday :))
    Those monster you draw are unique of graphic style and they look very good.
    Now the big question for me..all monsters only have 3 skills or can they learn more by buying skills or by an update in the future? I mean if i only have 3 skills this game could get boring very fast. It is monotone that people hate and quit.
    Look at Haypi monster great graphics and animations but now its always same and nothing new and many people alread quit this game. I hope you guys bring us monthly update cause there are so many games.
    Good luck and keep hard working

Greez