iPad Crimson Gem Saga: Atlus/IRONNOS JRPG

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by squarezero, Aug 4, 2010.

1. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    You've been accumulating SP (skill points), which you can use at any time to both reveal and obtain new skills. Go to the skill menu and touch a character portrait -- that should bring you to the skill tree. Navigating it is a bit tricky (you have to swipe only on the selected skill, an only up and down a particular branch), but basically you can tap on one of the boxes with ??? and spend SP points to view the skill, then more points to acquire it.

2. Lazuli

Lazuli Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Thanks for the help, it's one of the downsides of a straight port I guess in that there's no manual to learn from. It certainly made the boss fight a little harder anyway :p

3. Sukal

Sukal Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    SPOILER (Skill Tree)

I hope the dev's will use their quick review pass, because once this update fixes those minor issues, this game will be perfect.

Oh ya, if anyone one's interested I found good skill charts for Killian, Spinel. This way you can actually plan out what to spend your SP on.

Obviously Spoilers below, but good to warn Anyways.

Attached Files:

4. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Once you get the Monster Manual (which lists vulnerabilities, among other other things), you'll see how useful it is to have a variety skills. For example, hitting a fire-vulnerable monster with a small fire attack (which uses less mana) will have a similar effect than striking him with a medium gale attack.

5. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    From what I see it looks like a direct port. Not having played the iPhone version for this reason I can't tell for certain but it does seem to have the exact screens. Anything I have uncovered for this version shows the same shots, skill trees etc.

Sorry took so long to be summoned!

6. ImLegend

ImLegend Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2010
    Killan Skill Chart
    http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/rquillen/Crimson%20Gem%20Saga/KillanSkillChart.png

Spinel Skill Chart
    http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/rquillen/Crimson%20Gem%20Saga/SpinelSkillChart.png

Henson Skill Chart
    http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/rquillen/Crimson%20Gem%20Saga/HensonSkillChart.png

Gelts Skill Chart
    http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/rquillen/Crimson%20Gem%20Saga/GeltsSkillChart.png

Lahduk Skill Chart
    http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/rquillen/Crimson%20Gem%20Saga/LahdukSkillChart.png

Acelora Skill Chart
    http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/rquillen/Crimson%20Gem%20Saga/AceloraSkillChart.png

7. ImLegend

ImLegend Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2010
    better than nothing... or you just stick with the first 2 characteristics Sukal posted.

8. Bdragonst

Bdragonst Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Student
    Japan -> S.Korea -> USA
    What is the game length of the game?

9. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    Approx. 30-40 hours.

10. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    After some more digging I discovered the difference in the two is that some voice over content was removed for the iPhone version. In the PSP version if there is a complete conversation the iPhone version only has text and one or two lines of dialogue. Something had to be removed to cut the file size I would assume and what COULD be considered "fluff" is the perfect place to make a slice.

Also for those looking for specifics on the skills and their descriptions there are a bunch of FAQ's for the PSP version out there that you can look up and view their descriptions.

11. Bdragonst

Bdragonst Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Student
    Japan -> S.Korea -> USA
    cool thanks... i guess ill get it tonight

12. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    Makes sense, if they kept all the sound files, it may well have ended up being over 1GB uncompressed.

13. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Thanks...I would have spent AGES trying to equip the hammer...
    I finally did it (had to go down and up again to have some potions and stuff because it was just impossible).
    Man...how I hate multiple consecutive bosses without the possibility to save!!!
    It took me more than an hour!!!

AWESOME :)

14. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    Some of the JRPGs I've played have had three consecutive final boss battles, each more difficult than the next. Ridiculously frustrating, but the satisfaction after finally beating them is immense :p.

15. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Chrono Trigger comes to mind...

16. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Which, to be honest, I personali would have gladly preferred.
    I hope at least that they patch the code to have the spoken audio kick in when on screen there is the right written phrase.
    Seems trivial to do and could be much, much better.

I hate to admit but, while I still think they're ugly, after 8 hours the menus are second nature.
    I really wonder why they mixed touch screen and 'imported from physical cross 'stick'' controls...they could probably save lot of time and frustration if they simply kept onscreen the virtual stick to control the menus (with a select and a back buttons added).

17. xclusiveplayer

xclusiveplayer Active Member

Dec 18, 2009
    The bronze medallion bug really pissed me off. Had to fight a tough boss again because of it.

Don't use the bronze medallion or you will be stuck on the screen.

18. xclusiveplayer

xclusiveplayer Active Member

Dec 18, 2009
    They really need to fix the selections in this game. Its so hard to select items you want to buy or equip.

19. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    #540 squarezero, Aug 13, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
    You're a bit late on those comments -- both those problems should be corrected on the already submitted update (which is waiting for approval).

BTW, I've been using Bronze Medallions all along -- you just need to use all the ones you have to get out of the screen.