iPhone Crimson: Steam Pirates - (by Bungie Aerospace) [Free]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Oh, I'm not saying they didn't think about it. :)

2. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

3. streetsy

streetsy New Member

Aug 31, 2011
    Yep reverse was available. I played for a couple of hours in-between kids and chores. (Thats a big appeal that its not time based and can be paused) and I love it. So happy its the weekend :)

4. earthclaw

earthclaw Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    Freakin Space Alien
    Alienville
    Enjoyed chapter one so much that i literally ran to the store 10 miles away for a itunes card to buy chapter 2 :D

5. timo2000

timo2000 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Just completed the first voyage and I'm pleasantly surprised at how enjoyable this game is. I can already tell that it's going to be an absolute necessity to purchase Chapter 2. I do hope the voyage's/missions get longer as I progress then this game will be winner!

6. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    Under the Duels menu option are two pass-and-play multiplayer scenarios: VIP Defense and Shipwreck, with "more coming soon" mentioned.

At present, you cannot customize the fleets, however...at least not that I can find.

7. morpheus

morpheus Active Member

Mar 15, 2011
    USA
    Anyone else get stuck at the level with the gate across the water? :rolleyes:

8. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Which level with the gate across the water? There's more than one.

I've just completed the game (so far), I was very impressed - very high production values for an iOS game. I love the crew pictures and descriptions, and lol @ the pictures of the crew in the last couple of levels!

Yes it is quite short, but I'd rather have a short game of this quality than a longer game that looks like it belongs on a free flash games website.

9. TheDukester

TheDukester Well-Known Member

First chapter completed. Outstanding.

Second chapter purchased. Probably the best $2 I've ever spent.

Five-star game, all the way.

10. Ghouls'R'us

Ghouls'R'us Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Usually not a fan of strategy games, but this one hits the right spots for me. Brings back memories of endless hours of fun tweaking and testing my battle plans at "Weird Worlds: Return To Infinite Space".

I just wish it was easier to register subtler ship movements. I sometimes experience considerable difficulty shifting my ship in a stable position, for example.

11. morpheus

morpheus Active Member

Mar 15, 2011
    USA
    #51 morpheus, Sep 6, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
    The gate problem is obvious -
    use the submarine!

@Ghouls'R'us - It's tough making subtle movements in real ships too, strangely. :D

12. TheDukester

TheDukester Well-Known Member

You should probably be using spoiler text on that ... ^^

13. Ghouls'R'us

Ghouls'R'us Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Your crew usually doesn't misinterpret your orders or just stand there looking cute. The touch interface acts in eccentric fashion if your thumb is too close to the selected ship. If some maneuvers are inappropriate, the interface should clearly communicate as such.

14. mikearcuri

mikearcuri Member

Sep 23, 2011
    Sure I'm biased, but this is my favorite iPad game

Unfortunately, I've finished all the levels.

What I'd love to see next:
    1. More chapters
    2. "Real-time" turn-based multiplayer
    3. Control over your ships and crews for muliplayer (e.g. give a max monetary value of upgrades for a certain head to head, and you get to pick the exact crew and ship load out you want)
    4. A community level editor, and a way to find, play, and rate community levels

- Mike.

15. coxy

coxy Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2011
    England
    I love this game - but it comes so close to greatness that it's frustrating. I wish before each mission you had to choose your crew, recruit new crew, upgrade your ship stuff like that. It would be awesome.

16. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Now that Sunless Sea is released this needs some more attention,I guess,lol.It seems like a good game,I'll install it and see if it still works,it should i think.

17. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    I'm suggesting anyone who does not want to loose this when iOS 11 comes out to get this now while you can.

18. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    As long as you're not updating to iOS 11 that is, because it won't work even if you own it.

It was a great game for the time, but it's been abandoned. Harebrained Schemes won't even be updating Shadowrun: Dragonfall because they don't have the resources (they're working on Battletech), so there's no chance this one will be revisited.