Universal Critical Ops (by Critical Force Oy)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Anyfox, May 4, 2016.

1. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Just downloaded it and checked it out. Extremely solid gameplay, pretty much as everyone has said; copy and paste CS. And, like damn near everyone, I'm okay with that entirely. The controls are incredibly smooth, customizable and comfy. Everything has a smooth glide and killing people/getting killed actually feels like a console experience (as in, people don't glitch out or there's no crappy net hiccup, etc). It just runs really smooth, and it's enjoyable. The IAP element is there for those who wanna drop the money on it, but entirely unnecessary. I'll dig into this every once in a while for quick bursts of MP action.

2. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Been watching theappuniverse playing this in beta forever it's pretty top notch.

3. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Is this the counter strike clone that's been in soft launch for awhile?

4. Rain1dog

Jul 31, 2010
    This is pretty f'ing amazing to be honest... if you loved CS... this is for you.

5. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Does this have icloud to continue game/progression on multiple devices?

6. Rain1dog

Jul 31, 2010
    Think so

7. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    I haven't seen it so far, but you can link your Facebook or Game Center account. Not sure if that does anything, though.

8. Rain1dog

Jul 31, 2010
    If ANYONE is a fan of Counter Strike... Half Life...

You need this game!! No doubt it takes a little time to get used to no mouse, but once done and your comfortable with the map layout, weapon power, spray pattern... this game is f'ing brilliant... this is CS 1.6 in my pocket and I LOOOOOVVVEEE it!!!

Do yourself a favor and play... if you can support the dev team for bringing such a classic that is more than just playable to iOS touchscreen.

Looks AMAZING to boot!!

9. Rain1dog

Jul 31, 2010
    Server... I'm guessing crashed. Anyone else timing out?

Btw.. BleedtheFreak in game.

10. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    Can anyone confirm this?

11. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    I know it's definitely got a facebook log-in which saves your stats/currency. To be honest, though, unless you're massively about the prestige of having a purple gun, there isn't a whole lot to lose.

12. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    If stats and currency backup to facebook then I imagine everything else does as well.

13. ShelvsHotPencil

ShelvsHotPencil Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2016
    WITHOUT facebook- u use game center. And yes it has iCloud backup.
    After a fresh install go to the profile menu.
    Login with what you had your save on
    - Game Center or facebook( I haven't tried facebook yet)

14. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Really is a top notch game no idea how it didn't get featured. Really apple???? I guess they have to feature junk Halloween games around this time but come on.

15. Rain1dog

Jul 31, 2010
    Agreed!!

One of the VERY BEST FPS on iOS...

16. Rain1dog

Jul 31, 2010
    Fun fun

Attached Files:

17. Rain1dog

Jul 31, 2010
    Not bad to start.

Attached Files:

18. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    #38 TheSop, Oct 21, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
    Nice ratio, I got my butt kicked in the first game. What gun do you think is the best?

19. Rain1dog

Jul 31, 2010

What gun?

Depends... I like the Mp5 at times because of very little recoil and once you get your aim down a few headshots are easy to pull off. The bad side is that the gun is rather weak.

I generally go with assault rifles. I like the M4a1 carbine, AK47, and then the top of the line money wise rifle. You get great distance with penatration and up close you have a beast. Just practice in a empty server shooting the walls from different distances to see where the rounds end up from when you fire single shots, burst rounds, or all out full auto. So you know the spray pattern in each instance and can plan accordingly.

How I got great in CS 1.6. I'd routinely go 25-34ish to 3-9 ish. Average I'd say I was a 26-7 type player.

CS1.6 and Battlefield 1942 Desert combat mod along with Everquest and Ascherons call were the games I played religiously. I loved LOVED Half-Life mods.. Counter Strike and LOVED TFC.

20. Rain1dog

Jul 31, 2010
    It takes a little time to get used to the controls, but once your straight with them your golden. I also upped my X, and Y aim sensitivity and the other sensitivity slider... forgot which one but it's right below the first two bars.