Universal Crossword Dungeon (by Nolithius)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Vovin, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Nolithius

Nolithius Member

Oct 23, 2012
    Game Developer
    Update 1.1.1 now available

Hey folks! Thank you so much for your support and feedback for Crossword Dungeon.

The latest update, 1.1.1, addresses a number of bugs, adds more content, massively tweaks XP, as well as adding a winning condition to the game after completing level 40 (if you've descended below 40, then the current level will count the winning level!).

[​IMG]

@fivejane, The new XP curve is a lot tougher and should affect your tactics quite a bit (going for the Magic blue tile is no longer always the best idea, as you're pitched against monsters that get tougher faster than you level up):
    [​IMG]

@fivejane & @HLW, The new Level Up screen is much slower and makes it much harder to accidentally hit the wrong Attribute or Skill.

@ste86uk, As you can see from fivejane, Crossword Dungeon is sure to keep you entertained for well beyond anything else costing $2.99 ;) (Level 93 Barbarian and Level 62 Ranger, wow!).

2. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    #142 ZS77, Apr 14, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
    Can anyone give me some recent impressions of this one please - I'm in the market for a decent 'word based dungeon crawl' (yes it's a genre....Google it...!) and I'm on the fence with this. TA review was favourable but with caveats, this was reinforced by subsequent forum comments too - however, I see there's been some fairly consistent and recent updates, expanding word lists, enemies, items etc and I'm just wondering whether this is now reaching loftier heights than it did on initial release? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Edit - if it helps, I'm a massive fan of Wordfeud and of roguelikes generally - Cardinal Quest 2, 100 Rogues & Pixel Dungeon are amongst my favourites. I love the progress/levelling up/item customisation of games like that.