Universal Cruise Control - Looking for beta testers.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by dhw, Mar 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dhw

dhw Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2016
    #41 dhw, Mar 31, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
    outdated.

2. dhw

dhw Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2016
    - Testing Fix for iPhone 6s and 6s+
    - Testing tighter steering.​

3. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #43 LordShad0wz, Mar 31, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
    I happened to be home and have been playing since I got the notification. Dev please see the following video. The cars are exhibiting crazy behavior at the start of games:

https://everyplay.com/videos/27676361

The cars are off the screen flying everywhere.

Also the controls are tighter but not there yet. Maybe just a little more tighter and also is it possible to stop the constant bouncing and sideways sliding off of the siderails or side terrain? The controls are definitely better though. Definitely in the right direction.

With the prize claw, I'm ready to throw my iPhone. I've now gotten the red car 6 times and the yellow car 3 times. I'm not getting anymore new cars it's the same ones I've HD over and over and over.

The coins still need to have a much better drop rate. He most I'm getting is 0 to 6 per play. They are also still very very hard to see. Along with the f16 power up. They are so hard to see.

On the level with the ocean, can you make it so the water looks like water and not green acid?

All in all besides the crazy physics in that video I posted the controls are definitely better. I'm enjoying the game. Oh and the prize claw. I can't wait until you fix it. No way should I keep getting the same exact cars in a row.

Edit- and another pull just now and got the a team van. That's 4 damn times for that one now too.

Billy

4. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Where are all you testers out there? What are your thoughts?

How does everyone feel about the tighter controls? Agree with my thoughts on them? Disagree?

The dev cannot make changes without discourse!

Billy

5. apeape

apeape Member

Mar 31, 2016
    The claw game is pretty broken in the current version, so we're changing it to make it more fair. It won't win the same car over and over anymore. That should make it in to the next build. I also adjusted the ocean to make it less like liquid metal :)

We're still working on improving the controls to make it feel tighter. Some other things coming soon are using rewinds as an extra life and an easy mode.

6. dhw

dhw Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2016
    [​IMG]

better looking ocean?

7. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #47 LordShad0wz, Apr 1, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
    Oh hell yea much better lol.

You guys kick ass. I'm going to save up coins then for when you fix the claw. I need kit. Lol. I plan to buy the car pack just for that one alone lol

Thank you for working on the controls some more too.

And interesting. Using the rewind as an extra life is cool. Maybe as a monetization method I would absolutely be willing to watch ads for extra rewinds and clocks. You'd probably get a steady revenue from this as its consumable.

Just remember to make another leaderboard though. People WILL complain. People always want pure boards and boards for things where you get an extra life or some alteration to the core game. I've seen it over and over. So let me cut off a headache now and let you know ahead of time. So if you get a continue it would pop you into the second leaderboard automatically.

Billy

8. Cosmic Badger

Cosmic Badger Well-Known Member

May 10, 2015
    Dublin
    Very cool, love the neon colour scheme

9. setomoto

setomoto Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2015
    I always hit one of the power up buttons on accident. This happens when I am playing one handed and I guess my fat palm would trigger them when I just wanted to make a turn. Can we get it all on one side or an option to place the buttons where we want them?

10. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Ocean looks great! It works well with the overall look.

11. apeape

apeape Member

Mar 31, 2016
    Sure, I'll look into making an option for it. Thanks for the feedback everybody!

12. dhw

dhw Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2016
  13. Wonder_Maru_R

Wonder_Maru_R Member

Dec 8, 2015
    game designer
    Los Angeles, CA
    looks awesome, love the music and the look. Curious about the control. Can I test it?
    Thanks!

14. dhw

dhw Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2016
  15. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I ABSOLUTELY love this implementation! I can't wait for the next update. Will the prize machine be worked on as well in the next update?

Btw you really do well with the controls lol. You are pretty damn good at your own game. Hehe

I can't wait for the next update. I've been playing everyday. It's a good game. It really is.

Billy

16. Wonder_Maru_R

Wonder_Maru_R Member

Dec 8, 2015
    game designer
    Los Angeles, CA
    done, thanks!

17. dhw

dhw Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2016
    Yes the prize machine has been completely reworked.

18. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Sweet!

Another question!

Would it be possible to be able to share to Twitter? I have a crap ton of players and devs on my Twitter. Actually it's pretty much all I do with Twitter. It would be a good way to get your game out there. A lot of people love to share scores on Twitter.

Billy

19. dhw

dhw Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2016

Would sharing a screenshot of the deathmenu ( where it shows score/coins ) be what you are looking for?

20. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Just a little thing, it hasn't happened again.I started a game and my car just drove off without me and the screen stayed still until my car crashed. Weird.