Universal Cruise Control - Looking for beta testers.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by dhw, Mar 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apeape

apeape Member

Mar 31, 2016
    #81 apeape, Apr 17, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
    We will also be working more on the easy mode. Right now it slows your car down so you can get used to the controls, but it has the side effect of making it harder to avoid the cops.

I'd also like to work on improving the visibility of the players car. There is a period of invincibility following a collision, it just doesn't indicate it visually yet. We can work on making it longer and adding a shield effect on the car or something.

Slowmo is your best bet for avoiding the cops. I added a tip about that for the next version. I agree they can be unfair sometimes. Maybe adding a spraypaint powerup or something at some point that you can use to help escape them would work.

Right now its a bit harder to see in landscape mode on smaller phones like the 5s. If you play in portrait on those you get a bit of an advantage. I'd like to work more on the camera angle for landscape mode to make it easier to see.

2. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Yes on 1.1.6 and no it was right at the start. At the absolute start. The van was just on its side and the zoomed off to the right and disappeared and then a few seconds later wrecked. I did not touch the screen.

Billy

3. dhw

dhw Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2016
    Messing around with the action buttons on the HUD.

[​IMG]

Wondering if this is something people would rather have. With an option to put them on the left or right side.

4. dhw

dhw Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2016
  5. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Yes! Please! That's awesome! I'm right handed so this would be fantastic. It would make both buttons easy to hit.

Thanks for doing this! This is fantastic!

Btw the prize claw finally gave me Kit. I'm so happy right now lol

Billy

6. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Perfect! This is EXACTLY what I asked for! I have a lot of devs and players on my Twitter so I like to share. It also shows your game off to a lot of people and might get you some attention. This is awesome.

Plus I like to brag. Hehe

I added you to my Twitter :)

Billy

7. dhw

dhw Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2016
  8. apeape

apeape Member

Mar 31, 2016
    #88 apeape, Apr 19, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
    Sharing for when you unlock a car is done :)
    [​IMG]

9. dhw

dhw Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2016
    #89 dhw, Apr 20, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
    Beta 1.1.9 is now available.

- New HUD
    - New Social Screenshots
    - Action buttons are stacked and can be switched to the left or right side of the screen
    - Increased time between damage hits and wanted level increases

If you have any random phrase for the screenshots you would like added let us know.

Beta Sign Up

Attached Files:

10. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I just happened to be sitting here when the notification came through.

New HUD- hell yes. It works. However it shows its already selected but it's not. You have to uncheck it then recheck it and then the buttons move to the left. But I love it!

The new highlights on the power ups and coins are kick ass! I can see everything perfectly now! Nice job!

Social network sharing works. Check Twitter. I just shared my new high score!

So far it's a very successful update and I've only played for a few minutes!

Billy

11. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #91 LordShad0wz, Apr 20, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
    I have a feature request.

I know you guys are working so hard on the game but as you know I've put hours into playing and I really love this game. After playing and playing I feel one thing really is missing that would add several positive elements to the game.

A magnet.

Now I'm not talking about this massive all encompassing force that would drag power ups and coins from all the way down the highway. I mean a minimal magnet that the player could upgrade over time using coins. It wouldn't be cheap either to upgrade. Make it expensive. This would be to balance out the economy and still make it so that the coin doubler is still truly emphasized.

What do you think? It would be nice to be able to nick that power up when a cop popped me Hehe.

Also thank you for making the rewinds and times slowers be able to be bought with coins. This really makes the coin doubler IAP important.

Billy

12. dhw

dhw Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2016

Here is our idea for for the magnet.

A power up you pick up on the road. You can upgrade it to last longer and pick up from further distance.

Thought about having it as a ability like slowmo/rewind where you can trigger it on/off. Just not sure we want to use up more screen space for another button.

This also goes into our plans to have other things you can add on to the car later on. Like a giant plow to push traffic out of the way.

13. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #93 LordShad0wz, Apr 21, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
    I'd prefer it to just be persistent. Then no need for a button or anything. Plus it wouldn't really be economical if it was activated. Truthfully it wouldn't be worth it. Having it as a power up would just be another power up and not special. But a persistent magnet that I could make more and more powerful would be something I could work towards. It would keep me playing. Make it expensive to upgrade. It would be a great coin sink with a real reward for the player.

And HELLL YEAHHH to the plow idea that's so damn awesome if an idea! That will be so bad ass to wreak havoc.

Man I love the way the game is coming along.

I can't tell you how much more fun the game is now that I can clearly see all of the coins and power ups. It's so much more fun playing. I'm able to actually see the f16 power ups and have been rocking those. I REALLY love those! Lol

In the store can you please somehow note when the premium and car packs have been purchased. Like they grey out and becoming untappable?

This game is just so damn fun to play. I can't wait until it's released and I can send you guys some real money.

Billy

14. dhw

dhw Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2016
    We are thrilled you are enjoying the game. Just hope when we release it others will too. We will start messing around with the magnet. Do you think it needs an extra visual?

Upgrade cost we are thinking start at 200 then do *2 for each upgrade.

Yeah the power ups really need to be updated.

Will update the shop to support that. Good thinking.

also this is what we were thinking

[​IMG]

15. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #95 LordShad0wz, Apr 21, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
    They will. I know it. I think it will take people a bit to get used to the way the controls handle, just because it's different, but I have a good handle on when games are going to be liked and I can tell you I'm addicted to this game. The game is fun plain and simple. It is accessible to anyone with an IAP set up that is good for people who cannot pay or for those that want to pay and have a premium experience. It has replayability with different levels and lots of cars to unlock in a crossy road type of way. It has power ups. It has leaderboards. It has social networking. It will have even more before you are done including power up upgrades and the magnet. Believe me this game has all the recipes of success. The most important being it's fun and you honestly appear to be a dedicated dev team that not only listens but incorporates user feedback and talks to your players. This goes a long way to a games success.

And your gif showing the plow is hilarious and awesome lol! That would be amazing in this game! Right now my favorite power up if the F16 call in. I love when I get that! It's so satisfying to watch those bombs and missiles blow everything up lol!

Absolutely yes to upgrading the power ups! It would be an excellent coin sink as well and emphasize owning the premium IAP and make it worth it's cost.

With the persistent magnet there doesn't need to be a visual queue, just have the power ups move towards your car and seeing them moving faster from further away as you upgrade it would be visual queue enough. Also the upgrade price is too low. You need to make it expensive because someone could simply watch ads and save up and then max out the magnet and this would lower the need for having the premium upgrade IAP. You don't want to shoot yourself in the foot. I don't mean make it insanely expensive either though. This is tough to decide what to do. But that's why your the dev. Hehehehe

Keep up the great work. Really. You have a great game. I know people will love it. Just remember you will need to visit as many iOS gaming sites to get the word out about the game. I really hope TA does an appropriate review of the game as well.

Billy

16. dhw

dhw Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2016
    Beta 1.2.0

We have added a few features to this beta.

- PowerUp Magnet
    - Plow ( Acts as a shield aswell. Damage can not be taken when it's enabled )
    - Add sounds to Claw Machine
    - Improved Performance

Both of these items can be upgraded.

Beta Sign Up

17. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    It's updating now.

Holy crap how did you guys add these features so fast. This is incredible. I'm going now to dig into it. I'll report back in a bit!

Billy

18. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #98 LordShad0wz, Apr 27, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
    Ok,

I haven't gotten 500 coins yet to buy the magnet. I really love the plow.

Let's talk IAP though. I do not like what you've done. I believe in speaking my mind and saying exactly what I mean. Not to be offensive in anyway but to be completely honest and understood. I expect no less from anyone else. It is NOT a premium purchase to just dump the ads. You hd it right the first time to have a single $5 premium upgrade that gave you double coins and no ads. I was on board and couldn't wait to hit the buy button.

If you leave it broken up and now charge even more then the double coins should double everything including the opt in ads. If not then I'm sorry but I will only be purchasing the no ads. It won't be worth it to spend an additional $3. I really mean this. You'll lose me on this. Especially when you have to continuously buy rewinds and such. I'll live without the double coins.

I don't like it at all and think you had it perfectly priced and packaged together the first way. It did make the game premium. I'm begging you to please put it back. It will make you more money. Make it truely premium.

Now I'm going back to get to 500 coins to get the magnet. I got a ways to go.

Billy

19. apeape

apeape Member

Mar 31, 2016
    #99 apeape, Apr 27, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
    The prices didn't get updated correctly in this build for some reason. It's supposed to be 2.99 for each, which is roughly the same as what we had for the combined one before ($2.50 is not one of the price points Apple allows). The coin doubler does apply to opt-in ads.

Somebody suggested this since they felt $5 was too expensive. None of the prices are 100% final, though. It's not easy to decide what would work out better without any hard data. It wouldn't be hard to switch it back to a combined purchase.

We're considering making the lightning upgradable like the plow/magnet for the next version. More stuff to use coins on seems like a good idea.

Maybe coming soon:
    [​IMG]

20. dhw

dhw Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2016
    #100 dhw, Apr 29, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
    So after some thought and input from beta testers. Also that plow looks like a hoagie. It just felt like the plow did not fit in with our game. So we came up with this instead.

In tank mode you take no damage. You can run anything over and you shoot lasers!