Universal Crumble Zone (by Rebel Twins)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by rebel twins, Nov 28, 2012.

1. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    No, they are not moveable... But you don't have to touch them for them to work. I usually hold my thumb on the right movement button, and slide it to the left, under the left button, and it'll trigger the left movement. The button area almost reaches the very bottom of the screen... Which is great. Very comfortable.

2. rebel twins

rebel twins Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2012
    #62 rebel twins, Dec 2, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
    @Qwertz555 Thank you! We're so happy that you like Crumble Zone!!! Maybe we will add some tips in a future update.

@garret44 The color change when the biggest asteroid is coming.

Different colors and more features: It depends..If the game get noticed, we develop it for sure! We got a lot of new ideas for Crumble Zone... so keep finger crossed

@iosappsrock We're glad!!! We're waiting for your impressions!

@syntheticvoid You're right. You get special ammo (unlocked and bought) randomly because you can't plan what kind you will need. Levels are procedurally generated and different each time.
    We've already tested few versions of prototype. Even the one with ammo selection while playing. Unfortunately the game became less dynamic and playable. We decided to keep it simple and minimalistic and more fun gameplay experience.
    BTW We're impressed!!! You are very observant :)

@Connector We thought it's more comfortable. You don't have to bend your thumb.:D
    Clickable area is bigger than buttons are so you don't have to be precise.

3. Peewhy

Peewhy Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    this music completely does not match the gameplay lol

4. Ok, I'll take your word on it and try it since you have never let me down. Be back later with some impressions.

5. garret44

garret44 Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    I'll gladly support you! Just purchased it :)

I'll let you know my thoughts and rate it

6. Terpentine Cat

Terpentine Cat Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Salzburg, Austria
    Just gave you your first 5 stars and review on the austrian App Store. Very much like the game. Keep up the good work!

7. louisear

louisear Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Game Producer
    Phnom Penh, Cambodia
    Look pretty nice. How do u compete with ur friend? online? or two people using one device.

8. rebel twins

Jul 16, 2012
    @ Terpentine Cat - I am very glad to hear that, thank you for support.

@ louisear - You can play with a friend, and each of you will control one side of the iPad, working together to blow up asteroids. Who collects more diamonds wins.

9. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Woohoo! Broke 3k. =oP

Really might just have to make sure this winds up on my top 10 of 2012 list....

10. iosappsrock

iosappsrock Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Impressions

Hey guys. :) I'm back with some game impressions now.

First off, the menus of the game are fantastic! This might seem like a small thing for some people, but it means a LOT to me. I love how your jewels are piled up in that container on the menu screen. And... OMG! The jewels on the screen respond to the iPhones gyroscope! I was just going to suggest you make them do that, then I decided to double check, and they do! Case-in-point, this game exhibits an extreme level of polish.

Now onwards to the gameplay. I've got some compliments for it, as well as some suggestions.

I love the idea. It's sort of like asteroids, but different enough to make me like it (I typically hate asteroids type games). The sounds effects in game are wonderful. They're a little on the "gentle" side, meaning they're not ear-blowing explosions, but they're a lot of fun anyway.

The gameplay is simple, but chasing your high score is always fun. You really have to just play the game to see how fun it is. :D

That being said, I have just a few suggestions for the developers, if you don't mind.

1) Perhaps think of making a fast paced mode? As it currently stands, it's great for new beginners learning to play. But, I would love to see a hardcore mode, where the game starts out super fast paced, and gets harder as it goes. Part of the fun of most high score chasing games is the frantic action. While I still love this game, I think it could do with a bit more frantic-action.

2) More game modes? I would personally love to see a few more games modes. Examples:

a) Time Trial for one. I would love a simple "No lives, just score as many good combo hits to rack up as many points as possible in 1 minute". Make a 1 minute, 3 minute, and maybe 5 minute mode. I think that would be a lot of fun!

b) Zen Mode. Every game needs a Zen Mode. :) Peaceful music, no lives, no timers, lots of explosions.

3) I would love to see a few more areas to play in. The default one is excellent. That being said, I think a few more "planets" to protect would be cool. Earth, Mars, the Moon, whatever!

4) Lastly, I think a few more asteroid types would be nice. Maybe some different colors, and different types of explosion would be good. Examples:

a) How about an asteroid that explodes and pushes all the surrounding asteroids away from it, instead of just destroying them.

b) A freeze asteroid - explodes and ices all the nearby asteroids, preventing them from getting any closer.

c) A sticky asteroid! Blows up and splats green goo on all nearby asteroids. Make them clump together for larger combos.

Anyway, those are my ideas. The game is perfectly fantastic without them, but I thought I ought to throw a few suggestions at the devs anyway, just for fun.

If you haven't picked this one up yet, definitely give it a go. It's just $0.99 now, and it's more than worth it for the game you're getting.

11. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Zen mode....fruit ninja lol
    I hope this is good because I just clicked buy:)

12. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    @iosappsrock: Thanks for the great post!

@danny: It's very good.

And so is Eek! by Don't Step on the Cracks, but that game never got the attention it deserved.

13. rebel twins

Jul 16, 2012
    @iosappsrock That's great ideas! The freeze asteroids and sticky are my favorites :)
    @syntheticvoid Wow! You rock!

14. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    OK, OK! I'm sold! Take my dollar!

15. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Ha... Thanks, but lookin at that screen with 10k gems, along with the 1 hour and level 100 achievements, I have a feeling my score is still laughable. =oP

I still haven't gotten the 20 minute achievement. =oO

16. Raiel

Raiel Member

Oct 1, 2012
    Just tried this out for 15 minutes, and it's pretty awesome.

It's basically space invaders on a sphere, right? Rows of rocks drop closer and closer to your planet over time, and it's up to you to blast them clear before they touch.

The game looks great, controls very well, and has a great reward ethos. Think bejeweled/pinball machine: there are plenty of special rocks that give off great fireworks and help sweep sections of the sky clear.

Absolutely worth the 99c asking price, no doubt about it.

17. MelonMasher

MelonMasher Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Petroleum Logistics Scheduler
    Texas
    Awesome game, right up there with Ting Wings and Fruit Ninja for the "just one more game" experience. Bravo, you guys need to port this to Steam, XBLA and PSN, it's that good.

18. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    It's good but Xbla is a big thing release as an indie game for 160 mp and I'd buy it

19. Well, I bought the game, and it is a fun game, but I am having some problems with the controls. Syntheticvoid told me you can play the left right controls on a level plane, and that you can. It is weird to see that top button not being used, but you can play with more normal side to side l r controls. So that is not a problem.

The problems on my new ipad are the buttons on the right. The fire button is a little too high for me. I either play on a tripod or on my stomach when laying down, so I like the buttons low. The higher fire button makes it kind of uncomfortable to play. Ideally, I would like the fire button in the bottom right corner about 1/2 inch from the sides. Then the other button placed on top of that.

It would be nice to add moveable buttons for both controls and firing. But if this is too hard, maybe it would be nice to have an option for parallel controls for the left right controls.

And a quick solution to my firing problem would be having an option to switch the two buttons on the right, that way at least the firing button is lower so the game isn't as uncomfortable to play when my thumbs are low. This seems like it would be an easy thing to add this option.

While the game is still playeable, somehow modifying the controls would make the game more enjoyeable for me. While I can play with it as it is, there must be a better solution to it.

Thanks for your consideration, the game though is quite fun. :)

20. rebel twins

Jul 16, 2012
    #80 rebel twins, Dec 4, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
    @Connector Sure, we will come up with something.
    @DannyTheElite, @Raiel, @MelonMasher Thank you guys! :D