Universal Crumble Zone (by Rebel Twins)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by rebel twins, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Time to get this now! Just watched the review and it looks awesome:)

2. rebel twins

rebel twins Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Crumble Zone gets update! Version: 1.02 ​
    Check out new Magnetic Asteroids! Find rescue with metal shield and other improvements. Have fun. Don't forget to rate!

3. Cool, finally got my wish, the fire controls have been expanded down!!! Now I can play with both hands low on my new ipad!!!

Ahh, so much better! Thanks for this ingeniuos solution! I like it!

4. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #104 syntheticvoid, Dec 15, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
    Yes, thank you for this AWESOME update! It's great being able to just hold down on the power-ups we want in order to fill up our inventory, the new controls definitely feel better even though I don't play like Connector... it's nice being able to drop my fingers down every now and again and not worry about missing the buttons - and the new shield is FRIGGIN GREAT!!! **edit** also forgot to mention the new asteroid - that thing is pretty damn cool. I really hope you guys are able to add more new asteroids in the future!

You guys rock! Since it's getting updates, can I assume that you guys are selling a decent amount of copies? I'd hate to hear that this wasn't doing well... it's seriously one of my favorite score chasing games on the iOS. =oD

**another edit**

I also just got the 'Too Easy?' achievement while playing, but then checking my achievements, it's still locked...

Also... why did you decide to change the 'This Is Love' or whatever achievement to 30 minutes instead of 60?

5. rebel twins

Jul 16, 2012
    Thanks a lot for supporting us!

@ syntheticvoid About sale..We still don't own a Bentley :) We're already busily working on a new app although we think about next update for Crumble Zone because we think it's a really good game.

'Too Easy?' -> If achievements don't appear in Game Center, restart game and check again. Should be updated then.

'This Is Love' -> We were worried about the difficulty of that achievement. Crumble Zone needs more Love so I decided to change that :) I'm going to add more challenging achievements in the future.

6. Yeah, I love the new controls, they are great! And that planet shield is totally awesome. Thanks so much for the update! This is a great game, and I like how polished it is now. Look forward to any future updates. Thanks for listening to us!!!

I really like the sound effects in this game. Almost everything you do, has a cool sound, and the treble and bass effects are just outstanding!

Keep up the good work!

7. I was playing alot on my tv via hdmi out from my new ipad last night, and this game plays GREAT on a big screen tv. The graphics look great, and you do not need to look at the ipad to control the game, so this game plays wonderfully.

Got another request, and thanks by the way for implementing the lower hit zones for the fire button! It has made a wonderful difference for me, since I usually hold my ipad low due to it being on a tripod or on my chest. Love it!!!

A suggestion I made for Mikey shorts that got implemented was to use a transparency slider for the controls. That way you could turn them off or make them less noticeable.

When I play this game, since the hit zones are so large now, and since I am playing on my tv, it would be nice to be able to turn off the control graphics so you get a nice clean screen. If you download the free version of mikey shorts, you can see what I mean by a transparency slider, it got put in upon my urging. After they added icade and joypad app support (which also would be a cool addition to this game), the transparency slider even made more sense.

But in your game especially since a lot of us aren't playing the buttons where they really are, it would be nice to be able to turn them off. Plus screenshots of the game would look oh so much better.

I know the firebutton does show a delay reading, but when I play on my tv, I can just go by the sounds as to when it is reloaded, or the time. Anyway, I could bother you once again for an improvement, please consider my request to turning off the graphics for all of the control buttons. Thanks!!! Great game by the way! Love it on my tv!

8. rebel twins

Jul 16, 2012
    Lol, I guess we should release Xbox and PS3 versions :)
    @Connector Good idea, we'll have to think about it! Thank you for your commitment and enthusiasm!
    Guys, we would appreciate any ideas and suggestions. We will consider every of them.

9. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    I guess iPad 1 compatibility is out of the question, but I'll throw it in anyway. This game looks interesting enough that I keep reading this thread, even though I can't play it.

10. rebel twins

Jul 16, 2012
    @lena Crumble Zone is compatible with iPad 1! :cool:

11. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    So uh... quick question;

Were the scoring mechanics changed in any of the updates?

I just played a game - got up to level 54, had an 80+ streak, collected 2,500 gems, and an accuracy of 98% - all of this should have blown my previous high score OUT OF THE WATER, but instead - I got one of my lowest scores ever - 3,000

Also sucks that the leaderboard has quite a few fake scores on it... I know there's nothing you can do about that... but... meh...

Just upsetting.

12. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    I hadn't played Crumble Zone in a while, but Void's post prompted me to do so. From what I can tell, the game seems quite a bit easier than when I last played (I got the 'too easy' achievement on my first game).

Also I have to agree with Void, it does seem as though the scoring has changed. If this is so, have the devs considered resetting the leaderboards, or perhaps have a new leaderboard?

Thanks. :)

13. rebel twins

Jul 16, 2012
    Hey Guys, the scoring hasn't been changed. It is easier because of shield and a new asteroid.
    You get most of your points from gems collected. The bigger wave of explosions, the more diamonds. Level achieved doesn't effect points so much.

You're right about fake scores. That sucks. We could clear leaderboard but probably they will do the same once again.

14. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Is there any chance that you can make it so that after wave 99, it shows your wave a little clearer? With the flash of light at the center of the planet, and the quickness of the shown wave number, it's incredibly hard to see what wave you're at... I'm not even sure if it really does show up or not. If it does, it's only for a fraction of a second. =o/

15. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    BTW... HOLY CRAP WHAT A LONG GAME!!

And... I love this game. =oD

Attached Files:

16. rebel twins

Jul 16, 2012
    #117 rebel twins, Jun 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
    Woooow!! Very impressive!
    We are now busily working on new features and enhancements to DWAT.
    The next will be an update for Crumble Zone (with improvements, new stuff. I'm certainly going to try your suggestions) or brand new project. I'm not sure about the queue but an update is our goal for the future. Thanks for your great feedback and comments!

17. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Level 304!!!!!!!!!! Whoa I played once yesterday and died at level 13 :(
    Congrats SV!

18. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Still playing this one. Crumble Zone is absolutely one of my favorite iOS games to date. I don't think I'll ever delete it.

Wondering though...

Will there be any more updates... or... a sequel maybe? I'd love to see a sequel to this.

=oP

Attached Files:

19. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Never really spent time with this one to see what it offers. Maybe i should give it more playtime. Re-downloading.