Cubez! - First Person Puzzle. Unity3D.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by madmax5211, Apr 16, 2012.

1. cwccgames

cwccgames Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Thank you for such a great review! I have improved sensitivity, controls and lights just like you said, and new version is already on the site, so you can test it. Also, i have added settings menu to the main screen. About backgrounds - right now i'm working on the first big update for iOS-version, and there will be new level pack with all new design and music. i'll still look for ways to make the game more "solid", thanks again for the crititc :)

2. cwccgames

cwccgames Member

Dec 17, 2012
    The game was confirmed by Apple and it will be available in the App Store on February 10!

3. cwccgames

cwccgames Member

Dec 17, 2012
  4. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Does it run on iPhone 3Gs?

5. cwccgames

cwccgames Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Yes, but i haven't tested the game on 3Gs, so it can be unstable.

6. Wikilix

Wikilix Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    OC, MD
    Would it be possible to get a promo code to post impressions? Also you may want to fix the grammar in the description.

7. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Yeah, I'd like to ask for a promo code too. I don't usually ask for them, but I don't feel like spending 2$ for a game that may be unstable/unplayable on my device.

8. cwccgames

cwccgames Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Yes, check your PM. Can you show me the grammar issues, please? I'm not from US or UK.

9. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Yeah, that's unplayable on the iPhone 3Gs. The game runs, but the lag is terrible, it's like playing with 1 FPS (frame per second).

I'd recommend that you write in the app description that the game doesn't run properly on iPhone 3Gs (and iPod) to avoid bad reviews.
    Looking forward to a performance fix update.

10. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    I've been waiting for this game for quite a while now and I'm glad I can finally update this thread: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=159204

*I just noticed that you're the same developer that made Sombra. Both of your games are fantastic (art & idea) but the performance of both is poor :(

11. Wikilix

Nov 20, 2011
    OC, MD
    Here are a few:
    "and which are obeyed the laws of physics"

should be
    "and follows the laws of physics"

Also:
    "And the lack of time limit"
    Should Be
    "And the lack of a time limit"

Also :
    "The game looks equally good as as a personal computer as well as The iPhone and the iPad"
    Should be:
    "The game looks just as good on an iPhone as it would on a PC"
    These are the few grammar issues I noticed. Good grammar is definitely important.

12. Wikilix

Nov 20, 2011
    OC, MD
    ***INITIAL IMPRESSIONS***

First off, the Game has a very basic idea, "Get to the end" though basic it can be very difficult to actually achieve it. Though the concept is great, it's execution is mediocre and needs a lot of work.

**The Controls**
    They need work, to put it bluntly. The controls are very hard to actually use properly, the absence of actual buttons shown on the screen makes it ever more difficult. Also movement can be very sluggish and swiping to look is hit or miss due to the fact that the jump button is taking up a quarter of the screen, but it is invisible. If you want a good control scheme I recommend adding images for the various buttons such as movement and jumping.

**The Graphics**
    The textures are alright (for the most part) but they can get old extremely fast. Maybe some more various environmental textures could help, even a simple change of color and lighting would help.

*Overall*

Sound : 7/10 - I love the music as it suites the game very well, but the absence of any actual in game music is disappointing.

Gameplay : 5/10 - It seems it would be very fun, but the controls make it impossible to enjoy.

Controls : 2/10 - WE NEED IMAGES OF BUTTONS, The absence of images is terrible and makes it extremely hard.

Graphics : 3/10 - Textures are aright, but from
    Far away the appear extremely pixelated. The textures can get tiring fast, so change them every few levels. Also everything seems smaller then the player so perspective is somewhat skewed and undesirable.

Rating: 4.5/10
    2 1/2 stars.