Current best RPG / Action RPG / or Strategy games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by transcend11, Jun 28, 2010.

1. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    I understand, it's all opinion. Just pointing out my opinion on Chaos Rings. I've played hundreds of better RPG's than it.

Better for me of course. Nobody can tell you how much fun you can or cannot have with a game.

2. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    I still can't believe, that someone is actually saying the Across Age is better than The Quest or Chaos Rings.

3. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    no one said that..they said it's the best action rpg, which doesnt apply to either of those

4. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    Chaos Rings I can understand, but I really just couldn't get into the Quest. I tried so hard, so so hard....

Couldn't achieve any sort of pleasure playing the Quest. :p

5. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    TQ is surely a harder game to get into, but if someone likes its retro-ish graphics and enjoys the big slower gameplay instead of the faster gameplay of pointlessly killing enemies and a very few puzzles, it is better.

6. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Can't imagine how many silly internet arguments could be avoided if people were to accept that particular bit of wisdom. ;)

7. iTracki

iTracki Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2010
    USA
    I've seen the insane ratings of Chaos Rings, but do you really think it's worth it? 13 bucks for a game...that's very expensive by iPhone app standards. Your thoughts? Basically I'm just looking for value to price ratio.

8. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    all i got into was a really deep headache.
    some people might like the controls and graphics, but yeah, i've never been so disgusted. envirobear honestly looks better than that game.

9. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    do you own any other platforms? no i dont think 13 bucks is alot for the best rpg on the idevice and also made by the biggest and most well known rpg company in the world.

10. iTracki

Mar 20, 2010
    USA
    I know right, I got the Quest free just to see what all the hype was about. Suckishly fail game, they call them "old scool" graphics but it's just BS. Seems like the devs just didn't care to spend that much time on the graphics.

11. iTracki

Mar 20, 2010
    USA
    Yeah, Square Enix is very well known, but also pretty overpriced in my opinion. Like all their RPGs start out at like $10 - $12. I'm just kinda hesitant that I may not like it...plus they don't make Lite versions.

12. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    TQ is THE most awesome RPG in the store. You call that graphics bad, but I can bet you just love games with graphics as crappy as let's say, the most overhyped RPG for this platform, Zenonia.

13. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    i dont know, i think its honestly the most well made one. it has an amazing story compared to all the other rpgs, the normal tb combat of the older ff series, and pretty long gameplay. it also has the best 3d models i've seen on a rpg for the idevice.

14. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    but the thing is, those are actually 'retro' graphics, im not sure what you can call the ones for the quest.

15. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    Eww, I hate Zenonia, both 1+2. What pile of overrated garbage. *breathes* Sorry, Zenonia just brings out that reaction in me. ;)

I really do not like Zenonia though, seriously.

And I actually didn't mind the graphics in the Quest, they weren't ugly IMO, just different. It's the gameplay I couldn't get behind.

16. iTracki

Mar 20, 2010
    USA
    Yeah, Zenonia graphics suck. Agreed. Old school = BS. But Zenonia gameplay is WAY better than The Quest in my opinion. I really like Crusade of Destiny though, you guys should check it out. Great game with great graphics.

17. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    Overpriced compared to what? I may not be the games biggest fan, but based on the production value and overall length of the game I'd say it's pretty adequately priced.

18. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    i just can't wait until xenome and aralon are out..that'll solve all our rpg problems for quite a while

19. iTracki

Mar 20, 2010
    USA
    Compared to all the other RPG games out there. I mean, yes, Square Enix is good, but I think that getting two moderate RPGs from Gameloft (like Assassin's Creed) would be worth more than getting one Square Enix game. Just my opinion.

20. iTracki

Mar 20, 2010
    USA
    Sorry, but what's xenome? :p