[Cursed Realms](3D Dungeon Keeper Like) From BansheeSoft maker of Mission Europa

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by SouL_DragooN, Sep 21, 2011.

1. SouL_DragooN

SouL_DragooN Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Architecture for money Games for Fun
    Mansfield Texas
    Wow good to see y'all yes creepy is always behind me looking at my code ;)

I am still working on how deep I will go with cinematics...

And damn I wish I pre ordered skyrim ;)

2. justlegos

justlegos Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Student/Cart Pusher
    Iowa
    Haha, I'm waiting for it to be shipped to me, 3 more days!

3. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    Man I am dying I forgot to pre order so I am stuck with bf3 which is awesome..and to tell you the truth if cursed realms is ever to be completed skryim is the last thing I need!!!!!

Skyrim with mmo would be my death....

4. *Plans to buy on release day*

5. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    Thank you sir!.. Working hard in between checking forums =)...

It really is shaping up! I plan to polish this one to the extreme..

6. Doom

Doom Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Working for the man
    Northeastern California
    Thank you Ryan for always pushing the envelope..awaiting your efforts. :)

7. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Woot! So no broken quests and no teleporting/floating animals!? (IGN Skyrim video review 6:09 :D)

Sure am hyped up for this one!

Btw, will there be a collectors edition?

8. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    Thanks guys!

Problems? Nope this engine is way mo-better.. ;P

Here is a long video showing a lot of progress check it out! =)

Sorry about the shaky cam my simulator just does not do it justice so I have to record on my device.( plus it shows no faking here =) )

Still very early, but that is from title screen to creating a level =)

9. Wow. How do you get past those turret things in level play though?

10. Deathrow

Deathrow Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Whoa! Those graphics look incredible. Especially the shadows. Among the best (if not THE best) on iOS. And I believe this engine is your creation, Ryan. This shows that its not always about he big budget and lots of people-from what I see this game could give the Unreal Engine a run for its money. I have only one concern-and its not the gameplay because I know it will rock. I just hope that this game will look AND play smooth on my already old iphone 4. God how I sometimes hate progress :D .

11. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    Lost legend
    The turrets are beaten by long range rockets, a parade of cannon fodder, or spells. Or playing in first person and duck fire dodging from walls ;)

Thanks! Death row
    I am working really hard to make this a graphics powerhouse of a game and yes it will run great on iPhone 4 (that's what I have) ;). My engine supports all modern and console shader tricks and methods :).. Plus it's mine so I know where every hand written nut and bolt is :)

Have a great weekend I have updates the humans and users on the game wiki

http://ryanmitchellgames.wikispaces.com/

Love to hear ideas and questions I am ten times more responsive on my blog below no login needed to post

12. Deathrow

Oct 13, 2011
    Whats up, Ryan? How is the game coming along? I'm lookig forward to this game and hate that the thread sunk into oblivion. Update us on the status of this ambitious undertaking, please :D .

13. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    You should follow the development blog at http://ryanmitchellgames.wordpress.com/, it's updated near daily.

Here's 01/11/11 posting:
    "I need to really create the level on in game script. After that I want to go over it several times with aesthetic and lighting passes. After that I will simply tie in the title screen and level one as the alpha and start loaning it up for a very small team of dedicated testers. If I was to guess barring anything crazy within 2-4 weeks of hard work level one will finally be to my liking. Then we test and make improve,nets until it is uber awesome. That awesome sauce will then be used to create the other 20 levels in the first episode of cursed realms an easy 15-30 hour game. Episode 2 will continue the story with improvements over epsiode one if all goes as planned"

14. Deathrow

Oct 13, 2011
    Thanks, undeadcow. I completely forgot about the blog. Will be checking it on a daily basis. Looks very promising.

15. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Always good to show developer support; this looks to be an essential iOS game if it lives up to expectations. Hopefully Touch Arcade will review this one :).

16. Doom

Doom Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Working for the man
    Northeastern California
    Don't worry, once testing starts I am sure there will be more action here, like others have said..keep an eye on the blog as Ryan tends to post there daily :)
    Cheers

17. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    #57 SouL_DragooN, Feb 9, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
    Getting there.... I am getting close to the final lighting paradigm and level creation tools... Check it out..

More on the blog below...

O and sorry for the delay. The day job and updating a patch to Mission Europa after it won RPG of the year from Touchgen took some time away from Cursed Realms.. it is coming believe me... but only when it is one of the best games I can make =)

18. Doom

Doom Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Working for the man
    Northeastern California
    Capital Woooo-ooot..! Played some more ME with headphones..really sounds pretty creepy Ryan :D never used them before..nice..

19. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    Thanks man ;) I am pretty happy with the latest patch for mission Europa I will try to start the next one soon ;)

I am really happy with cursed realms now gotta get that baby done!

I'll be on the blog I post multiple times a day and respond to every comment ;)

20. Reddaye

Reddaye Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Aieeeeeee!!!!! Ryan, just take my money! Very excited to see the details of your newest game. Sorry to sound like a fanboy, but Europa was a really pleasant surprise and a favorite of mine for sure.

Things are looking good so far. I'll be following this one very closely :).