[Cursed Realms](3D Dungeon Keeper Like) From BansheeSoft maker of Mission Europa

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by SouL_DragooN, Sep 21, 2011.

1. medicalbenko

medicalbenko Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    I'm glad it's going to be universal!

2. medicalbenko

medicalbenko Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Just watched the videos it looks awesome!

3. MrSpud

MrSpud Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Custom finishing carpenter
    Wasaga beach, Ontario, Canada
    The game is coming along, the first level is being built and at the same time a lot of testing/bug crushing is being done (by the developer). Fairly soon an Alpha build will be out for testing, just the first level to make sure the game mechanics are working as they should. After that it will be mostly building the game up, levels, cutscenes and such...

Once I get my hands on this I will be posting a lot of screenshots/videos, things will be a lot more busy around here. There's a lot of info on Ryan's blog but he has been a little quiet around here, that will change! Looking forward to see what you guys think, more later...

4. Kbcorwin

Kbcorwin Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    God's buddy
    Seattle, Washington
    Ryan is still worlds #1 developer in terms of keeping the community updated and interacting with it, can't wait to see how this comes along.

5. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Have I said I'm looking forward to Cursed Realms lately? Bring it on (I know it's still in early pre-alpha development). Until then maybe I'll just get back into Mission Europa.

6. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Nice! Looks like good progress is being made from the to s of screenshots on the developer's blog. Cursed Realms is coming out in about 3 months; right?

7. SouL_DragooN

SouL_DragooN Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Architecture for money Games for Fun
    Mansfield Texas
    Long time no see! =).. I hope so!(As it is just me and after work gig right now)

Cursed Realms is REALLY coming along NICELY... nothing like it really.. here is another and way more on my blog it is just so time consuming to post a lot of places so I go MIA here a lot sadly.. Alpha should start soon I hope and I will not leave alpha until it is ready. Then the rest of the levels get put together the in game and out game cut scenes assembled for the crazy story arc then beta and ship =)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Good seeing you!
    (blog is best place to find me if you have ideas or are curious)

http://ryanmitchellgames.wordpress.com/

8. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Looks hella good....haven't gotten around to playing ME yet but got the regular version

9. MrSpud

MrSpud Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Custom finishing carpenter
    Wasaga beach, Ontario, Canada
    The interface is a work in progress, it won't look like that in the future I'm sure, not the d-pad anyway.

Also on the first screenshot is a FPS view from a unit, in fact you can view the game through the eyes of any unit, with different visual effects depending on what unit is selected.

10. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    As Mr Spud said a work in progress nothing is final and Mr Spud will be in the Alpha to beat Cursed Realms into shape soon =)

The last thing you might see when you posses a medic and find a Pus Bucket

[​IMG]

11. Doom

Doom Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Working for the man
    Northeastern California
    Really looking good Ryan, looking forward to seeing what you have been up to as well :) there is soo many possibilities with just experimenting with the reflections that you could show in that FP view..nice.

12. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    #133 SouL_DragooN, Feb 28, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
    Thanks man!.. I am working as hard as possible to bring this work to life =).. the benefits of creating my own engine from scratch really pay big dividends in different gameplay and possibilities.. =)...

[​IMG]

This guy is having a bad day in the Curse Realms

13. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    [​IMG]

Follow along on the blog as I work...