Universal Cut the Rope 2 - (by ZeptoLab UK Limited)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 18, 2013.

1. You have to be online.

2. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Can you please leave? Thanks.

As for losing all your progress, it does have iCloud sync... so you don't have much to complain about there.

3. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #203 y2kmp3, Dec 28, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
    This is the second time you have attacked my posts. I have not replied previously to your own rant because I believe ad hominem attack has no place in this forum. You are a member of this great community long enough that you should know of such etiquette. If you don't care about my posts, then you do not have to read them. If you can't abide to sound etiquette, then you can go elsewhere.

As for iCloud sync, if you are not aware of the long history of its reliability issue, then you clearly have not had enough experience using this service.

I am NOT the only one who is struggling with some of the game's issues. The game may play fine in your case, but this does not mean other people are not having any problem. My post in question was not even addressing you. I was referencing a post made by another poster who is seeing what I am seeing about the balloons and the clovers in this game.

Dismissing others' concerns when they are valid is rude at best and ignorant at worst.

4. marco76

marco76 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Verona - Italy
    Is it only necessary connect with wifi and play the game once a day for the daily bonus? I don t understand how it s works

5. Yeah seems like it. Plays fine offline, just need to check in on wifi for the daily bonuses. Kinda a pain.

6. Guffff

Guffff Member

Aug 1, 2011
    did you got this with iphone or ipad?
    i do this :
    cut right down rope, it starts rolling, i jump 2 times for 2 stars, then i cut the upper row, it falls down, and with little bounce at the wall it takes the star and i got it. MAX 5250 after 200+ tries

:mad:

7. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #207 y2kmp3, Dec 28, 2013
    Guffff,

I played on the iPad 4. You raised a good point, because I have seen games in which graphical scaling caused a glitch so that a particular level could not be completed in certain way. Not sure if this is the case here though.

It is possible to make just ONE jump to get the first two stars by taking advantage of the lateral momentum of Om Nom. Your later moves are correct. It is the BOUNCE off the wall that is key. In my playthrough, you can sometimes cause the candy to BOUNCE off the wall to a farther distance so that Om Nom can catch the bounced candy. For most times, the candy will land just short to the left of Om Nom. To get the bigger bounce, watch the SLIGHT swag of the upper rope and cut at the appropriate time.

8. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #208 y2kmp3, Dec 28, 2013
    Has anyone solved the CHALLENGE stage of 5-20 (the last "open" level without clovers) in the game? It would be terrible if this is the level that requires an IAP balloon to finish (just like a clover).

9. wdreamsmaycome

Dec 20, 2013
    that doesn't seem to be it, I am always online and yet I don't get bonuses every day, the only time I did get the bonus 3 days in a row I left the game "running" after quitting (so did not close it from the bar after exiting to reclaim the memory), maybe you have to be online *and* the game has to be running for 24 hours to get the bonus?

10. Guffff

Guffff Member

Aug 1, 2011
    aah! there is a trick, got now 5376!, but i think not the one you described
    this is what got me more than earlier 5250 max :

cut right down rope, direct 1st jump, than cut upper rope and with bounce at wall you get the star and candy on board, just before jump for star and land in the launcher with, and thats the thrick : the candy in it!

tnx for the reply, it got me thinking and experimenting :)

11. marco76

Jun 5, 2010
    Verona - Italy
    Any of you can confirm this "crazy" trick for the bonus?

12. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    This is also my finding. Left the game on. Left Wifi on. Still no bonus after the initial one. Can't seem to find the reason why some users like us are having problems whereas others do not. Perhaps country specific?

13. Haven't been getting any lately, even if turn on wifi. Will try this trick to see if it works tomorrow

14. marco76

Jun 5, 2010
    Verona - Italy
    me too I m waiting tomorrow at this time with wifi on and try to play.. If it s correct the daily rewards must be arrived

15. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #215 y2kmp3, Dec 28, 2013
    What is this trick? I read the last few pages and could not find the exact reference for this trick.

Update: Still working on solving the CHALLENGE stage of 5-20 (the last "open" level without clovers) in the game. Can get EITHER the star on top of the square shelf OR inside the square shelf but NOT BOTH, WITHOUT using Boo? Seems to be unsolvable without power-up. Is this a bug? More likely, a trick maneuver perhaps? Been swinging like mad. Help, anyone?

16. wdreamsmaycome

Dec 20, 2013
    I don't think it's guaranteed, I had cut the rope 2 running since yesterday and no "daily reward" at all (neither yesterday nor today)

I soooo wish this game was not as monetized as it is, why couldn't they have priced it at 2.99 like the original and avoided this "daily reward" / balloons stuff hassle

17. Guffff

Guffff Member

Aug 1, 2011
    i got this one pretty easy :
    loose boo too the left, then swing to activate button, then tricky part : swing in the wooden box for second star, it goes up, third star and then magnet for little bit for eating candy

18. Uhtred

Uhtred Member

Oct 5, 2009
    How do you turn off notifications for this game?

19. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #219 y2kmp3, Dec 29, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
    Thanks, Guffff.

I got the level (finally) before I saw your solution. However, you reply was much appreciated before the mere fact that you replied was an important confirmation that the level is solvable and therefore does not have a bug. That was the main concern I had.

My solution ended up being a bit different from yours (which I saw afterward). Here is why:

I ended up swinging Boo into the box itself. This has two advantages. The first advantage is that you can get Boo there (to the right and inside the box) quickly without additional swings to gain momentum to get Boo to the left and clear Om Nom. The second, perhaps more important, is that Boo stops the candy from rolling TOO FAR to the RIGHT and missing the candy on the top as the shelf ascends, though this latter can be fixed by just using the magnet to drag the candy back into position.

Regardless, I thank you so much for replying to my question. It seems that BOTH OF US have inspired EACH OTHER to complete a challenge on our own.

I finally finished the game (all levels that were **initially** only accessible without IAP) with 3-stars and gold medals. I guess since the daily bonus is NOT working on my install (same as many other users posting here complaining about the same problem), I am debating on whether or not to make an IAP purchase for infinite balloons (no point getting finite since they will be all used up quickly just from practicing). I don't ever recall buying an IAP this expensive (even beating Kingdom Rush Frontier). Well, the game just turned from a $1 game to a $20 game. I guess this was what the developer wanted.

Update: Thanks to marco76, I revised my wording above so to clear up the ambiguity in my sentence about the IAP.

20. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Does anyone have any tips for World 1 - Levels 21, 22, and 23?

I feel like I've mastered every other level in the world, but those three are really testing my skill. I can beat them, but I don't see any way to get crazy good scores in them.

Usually every level has one main solution, and you can boil that solution down to a few shortcuts and then eventually get a gold standard for a run on that particular level, but I can't find one of these "gold standards" on those three levels (1-21, 1-22, and 1-23).

I did get myself up to 37th on the first world's leaderboard, though! :D