Universal Cut the Rope 2 - (by ZeptoLab UK Limited)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 18, 2013.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Okay played it. I still don't like the size BUT aside from that, everything seems really really nice! Just wish they could do some optimization on the next update.

The graphics are gorgeous, about what you'd expect with that file size. The animations are beautiful and fun. I haven't met the new characters yet but the UI and everything runs butter smooth. Looks like 5 areas so plenty of stuff to keep you busy for 500MB. IAP is interesting and not needed. There's some items to help you (not sure how some work), my favorite being a rain of candy which is hilarious. I guess it'll count as you eating the candy? Maybe they should make it rain stars next time. There's also a hint creature that will tell you how to beat a level so you'll never be stuck if you have $$! Though you can get infinite items with a $50 purchase ;) Then there's outfits/candies/swipes. Sadly the complaints might come here. All these cost money. There are bundles which are cheaper so I'd recommend those (and the ninja turtle costume) if you're looking to pay.

My favorite part isn't the game itself but Om Nom. I LOVE the main screen (you'll see why if you dl it). It's like a mini pet.. and even as a guy I find Om Nom super adorable :) Can't resist him. It's like the alien puppy I never had.

2. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Looking forward playing this!

3. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    At least in bite-size genres like Cut the Rope, I have never seen a file size that large for a Universal game.

This is quite an exception to that. Maybe I'm not paying enough attention, though; it's the first time I've noticed a game that size in such a small package (except for Ooga Jump or whatever).

If I'm not wrong, you could buy unlimited uses of that superpower in the other Cut the Rope games for $25, right? I wonder why the price was doubled on that.

I'm quite worried about the costumes, but mostly the candies and swipes. I'm assuming they are like different designs for the swiping animations? Like the different blades in Fruit Ninja?

That worries me from a personal perspective because I loved those dang blades, and I don't know if I have it in me to avoid the temptation to buy that kind of thing here! :p

How much money are those items?

4. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Oh opps sorry I didn't clear that up. I'll check the exact prices when I get home but ALL the power ups bundle for infinite uses discounted is $50. Not just for the hint guy. Though I'm sure you can use Youtube instead of using a little expensive bugger for hints :)

Yes! You're right on the swipes. I'm glad they implemented it but yes, it's money. There's no currency in the game so you can't buy it with anything :\ Like the one I recommended was a costume with a red blind fold (TMNT) and then the bundle comes with one candy design and the lightning swipe which I think looks the coolest. Even Fruit Ninja didn't do that one! There's a Christams snowflake swipe on sale now. Go for the bundles, they're like under $5. And some items/packages are on sale. Btw there's not that maaaany at the moment but I'm sure this is an area where they'll keep updating with more stuff in the future. Since this is a numbered game I expect plenty of updates.

I can check when I get wifi later for you since I don't have it on my device right now. Sorry!

I'm still hoping for them to drop file size like Ooga Jump did (great devs btw!)

5. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I hope the file size drops too Ooga jump went down hundreds of mb just by having the HD graphics as an extra optional download and I think they were just iPad graphics too.

6. MasterChief3624

Oct 11, 2009
    Thank you for the impressions and the detailed response! :D

I didn't know Ooga Jump did end up small-ifying the file size? :eek:

7. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    If you guys think Colossatron maybe grindy, check Cut the Rope 2. It has a store with lots of costumes (for the candy, cut animation,...) and powerups?!? (Candy rain, solutions, and a globe) that CAN ONLY BE BOUGHT WITH IAP!!! :( :/ And they arent cheap either. What a ripoff. Never buying any Zeptolab game again, dont care if its fun or not. What a shame.

8. vii-Lucky

Jul 28, 2013
    Do you mean they added a Paidnium Aspect?

9. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Worse than paidmium... Zeptolab, at least give the option to unlock it by grinding coins. Dont buy it.

10. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Yes ooga jump went from 360 or so down to about 70mb I believe. Also free now.

As for IAP here I am downloading now so can't comment but by the sounds of it it's for things that aren't really needed and cheats to make it easier which I'm not bothered by at all.

11. vii-Lucky

Jul 28, 2013
    They ruined this sequel. :mad:

i wonder if this would go free soon?

12. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    And those wondering for the gameplay, its Cut the Rope but more physics puzzle oriented and friends that help along the way than the previous ones and with powerups (even a stage showed that the trebol can only be reached using a globe) that can only be obtained with IAP. And its still like a box, but with another background.

13. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    I guess I'm in the minority here...excited for this and similar to the older Chillingo physics based puzzle games. I will pay the dollar, see how the IAPs are, play and then decide whether to keep or delete.

14. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I'm not sure what there is to be so upset about. I HATE freemium to the bone but this game is totally playable without that stuff. Basically that stuff just helps you beat the game quicker but it's a puzzle game so you're supposed to kinda figure it out yourself. The aesthetics I'm annoyed they cost money but the rest of the game is solid. It's not like I can't beat the game without buying any of those..

And common, that title screen Om Nom! That guy is worth 99 cents by itself :)

If they don't drop the file size I will end up deleting it eventually but aside from the size I think it's a great game. Love the new added physics stuff instead of the usual just timing slices. Feels more fresh.

15. MasterChief3624

Oct 11, 2009
    I'm with you... I don't get what just happened with this thread, going from super positive to just plain negative. It's quite annoying.

I personally can't wait for it to come out in the US! :D

16. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    For crying out loud, some of the achievements didn't sync with GC. Crappy apple technology! Is there no user-end solution to that?

So it seems you can't get the clovers without power ups.

17. MasterChief3624

Oct 11, 2009
    Going from the App Store Info page on here, it looks like the game is up in North America! :D

18. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    I live on the East Coast and Game Center isn't working for me at all. This happens sometimes, but I opened up the app and there was a leader board
    button as well as an achievement button.

It looks like the only definite IAPs so far are for unlocking levels. As for solutions, they are uploaded elsewhere.

19. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Since I'm jailbroken I wish I could delete files I didn't want from the app but obviously that's too risky. I'm already out of space now because of this game. If this game was even 250MB I'd say it' kinda big. It's nearly double that!

20. ineptidude

ineptidude Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Trees
    USA
    Yeah. IDGAF about cosmetic IAPs but that right there is some serious BS. Guess I'll have to try faking some balloon purchases later on.