Cutlass Cove contest - win a new iPad and other prizes!

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by CheekyMammoth, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Rokrdude

Rokrdude Well-Known Member

May 14, 2011
    #101 Rokrdude, Apr 22, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
    Reviewed as Rokrdude2 on U.S. appstore

2. CheekyMammoth

CheekyMammoth Well-Known Member

#102 CheekyMammoth, Apr 22, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
    @chapel07 Very nice! A couple of tips for that objective.

1. It doesn't matter what score you get, so don't worry about accuracy.

2. Sailing over near the cove/beach gives you the most time to react to the town cannons. Turning just as the town cannons shoot will allow you to dodge their shots. I like to barricade myself in there with a net on one side of me and a brandy slick on the other ;-)

3. Navy Colors and Ghost Ship are life savers for this one.

@Rokrdude Thanks for making such a big effort with your review! As a customer, I value the in-depth reviews more than the ones with a few words in them.

3. @chapel07

4. When dealing with the Treasure Fleet and Silver Train. Shoot at the 2 ships behind first.

@iANiMeX

I see you have broken through, again! Your target is moving though. lol!

@CheekyMammoth

Can you make the Objectives book flippable to the previously achieved objectives?

4. CheekyMammoth

#104 CheekyMammoth, Apr 23, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
    That's a great idea. I will add that in the next update.

5. iANiMeX

iANiMeX Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    I think it's better when you do a ricochet kill that the second ship sank will have a double points bonus. This way, doing a ricochet kill will be better than doing a single hit. You can also do a triple score bonus for the third sank ship and so on.

6. CheekyMammoth

#106 CheekyMammoth, Apr 23, 2012
    Hmm, are you sure you weren't in our closed beta? ;) It used to be exactly as you say, but for various reasons we took it out. There's still a good incentive to ricochet (saves you time), but not as much as there used to be.

We have a whole bunch of really fun ideas on how to update Cutlass Cove over the coming months. I think you guys will really like them. And not just adding more objectives and pickups, but adding completely new stuff. I'll let TouchArcade folks know about any future beta testing so you can have an opportunity to influence the game's direction.

7. iANiMeX

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    Oh. I guess I missed that beta test event.

I think it's better to have a giant squid as a power-up that sinks 2 ship randomlly than the hand of ice. or you can just add this as a new power-up and name it kraken where it sinks all ship going to its spot. :D

8. CheekyMammoth

#108 CheekyMammoth, Apr 23, 2012
    Kind of like a mobile, circular Brandy Slick - only with tentacles :D

Yes, I think a kraken spell will definitely have to find its way in somehow.

9. iANiMeX

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    #109 iANiMeX, Apr 23, 2012
    I also think a "Speed-up" spell would be nice. Like it boost the speed of the ship for a limited time. Or you can also add another button where you need to fill a bar by sinking ships. If the bar is filled, you can then use the "Speed-up" function by touching this bar. Fill it up again to use again.

Also, I think adding a "Boss" pirate ship and Navy Ship would be nice. Like you need to shoot it for a said amount of shots to sink it. Sinking it will grant you random power-up refill pick-up (Brandy Slick, etc..). If you got hit by the boss, you will incure a red cross.

10. CheekyMammoth

Some nice ideas, iANiMeX. I think as players get more accustomed to the current game, they will look for more options and more ways to customize their gameplay. I hope we can do that in a way that doesn't make things too complex for new players.

@dreadnok I see your score of 2,477,055 :eek: Just one more go!

11. chapel07

chapel07 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    a boss?? sounds good..but the penalty is too great..hahaha.that would kill me in few shots cause i have F- in dodging cannon balls..LOL..i think a HOMING cannon ball is a nice power up..and i also like the kraken idea..you could also try adding giant sea serpent devouring those bastard navy, merchant and pirate ships..and mermaids..this game would be good with mermaids..i mean..it's a pirate game right?? it needs mermaids/siren dragging those poor soul into the depths of the sea..harharhar..well that's my wild ideas..LOL..anyways..just want to update my score, it's 3523830 right now..currently playing in offline mode but will update the score when i got home :D

12. CheekyMammoth

Nice score, chapel07! I will update my list. Hmm, is this what you had in mind with the siren? :)

[​IMG]

13. iANiMeX

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    #113 iANiMeX, Apr 23, 2012
    How about adding a new shot power-up? "Balls and Chain". This power-up will sink every ship it hit on its way. This cannon doesn't lock on a ship. It fires in a straight direction.

I think it would be nice if there will be an online co-op mode where you and another player will have to survive the endless wave of ships until both of you are out of cross.

An online competitive mode would be nice too where up to 6 players can join. There will be a deathmatch mode and a team battle mode (1vs1, 2vs2 & 3vs3). "Spells" are disabled on this mode. Only pick-ups are available. You incure a red cross if you got hit. You will sink if you got no more available cross.

14. CheekyMammoth

The Ball and Chain shot (or Grapeshot) would need to have a very low and flat trajectory to take out ships in a line. I think it would benefit a strategic mind very much, but I'm on the fence with that one at the moment. It would be interesting to test it, though.

Online co-op would be my personal choice. We'd probably need a separate co-op leaderboard.

Online competitive would be cool, too. It might be a pretty tight squeeze with 6 players, but I think it could be fun with some objectives added (like our own brand of Capture the Flag).

15. iANiMeX

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    More: I think adding a new spell like "No wind" where it stop all the ship that are in its radius or range. It act like the net but this one got a bigger range and stop the ship.

16. CheekyMammoth

Like an updraft, maybe. If you get too many spells, you won't have to do anything ;)

17. iANiMeX

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    Well, you can add another feature where you can only choose the spells you wish to take. Like replace the other spells with the ones you like to take on your quest. You can add the other spells or strong spells as unlockables. Unlock them by completing an objective. Sounds nice? :D

18. CheekyMammoth

A perks style system sounds interesting and would be familiar to most players.

19. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Finally made it over that hill 2,701,710

20. iANiMeX

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    Congrats bro. :D