Universal Cytus (by Rayark Inc.) - Musical Rhythm

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by November's Chopin, Jan 13, 2012.

1. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    No, actually. I was referring to pretty much what you described above. However, I experience those stutters throughout entire songs for certain tracks.

2. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Yeah, but with a million games released every week it helps when GC is integrated. Plus, I already have a ton of awesome/cool rhythm games that incoroprate GC achievements and will probably find myself playing these more. Ultimately my gratification comes from seeing my achieved achievements plastered on Game Center. And ingame stuff doesn't do anything for me. If that was the case for people, then achievements would never had been created in the first place.

Someone said in another thread that they were a collector of good games. Honestly, I think that's what I'm becoming, so achievements add some sort of incentive.

Also, I don't think the game needs to be crazy with color, but the white is sorta blah. The animations for the notes could definitely get a bit more oomph IMHO. For the most part I'm satisfied with the design, but wouldn't be mad if we got some color variety. Maybe we could get something in terms of color variety in an additional music pack, and leave what's here now alone.

I'm playing Frederic Resurrection of Music right now and that game is full of color and is hands down the best rhythm game I've played on iOS--hell, probably ever! I'd put Cytus about 2nd because it doesn't whore out IAPs and is pretty original, or at least I haven't played anything like it. It's also just fun, which is always a plus.

3. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Hmm...I haven't noticed any stutters. I might've just not been aware of them when I played. I'm going to look for them next time I launch the game.

4. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Probably different for everyone, but I get the random stutters/lag throughout the songs. I did multitask close all apps, but didn't do a hard reset. Luckily, it's not bad enough to detract me from the game, but it would be nice if it wasn't there.

5. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Yeah, I'm still not noticing any.

--------------------------------------

I want to say that I've been getting the random crashes now.

Also, I want to reiterate Appletini's point now that I'm further into the game!

6. Waks

Waks Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Philippines
    I love this game so much! I wish they'd add more songs though. I think Im even willing to buy them if needed!

7. Boobi

Boobi Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Earning money
    BC, Canada
    What a nice gem of game this is, so far I had a blast playing it. Great to hear the developer is staying involved in the game.
    Great song and I must give kudos to the graphic artist the look is fantastic.
    Awesome job.

8. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    I've been looking at buying the game and I just have a couple quick questions before I smash the buy button (figured they were best asked here): How does the Variant aspect worked (saw in the description it had 30+ 'variants' and I'm not sure what they meant). Also: Does it really have nine difficulty levels for each song?
    Other than that looks like a really cool game, but I'm not sure on how much content it has, that's why I'm wondering.

9. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    I see only 15 songs, each with an easy and hard mode. Maybe 2 modes * 15 songs = 30 variations? And each song has different difficulty rating, with 9 ratings total. Its not each song has 9 difficulty levels as I understand.

10. chkenwing

chkenwing Member

Jan 23, 2012
    I joined purely to put my input on this game.

I stumbled across this game (whilst looking for games like Jubeat/Jukebeat which is stupidly popular over here in Hong Kong) and I'm really pleased with it.

Definitely worth the 69p I paid for it and it's has a high replay value since I'm from a DDR-esque genre background.

One thing I do love about this game is it's sleek and minimalist approach and the fact it doesn't have an annoying announcer in the background (DDR anyone?)

@Rayark

Just a few suggestions you maybe could consider for the next update

Modifications - like in DDR such as hidden, stealth, speed 1.5x. These would definitely add towards the challenge. (or even like EZ2Dancer where you could actually modify the arrows)

Video backgrounds - although this may cause a distraction from the gameplay, it'd be cool to have a bit of background animation.

A REALLY massive suggestion, you guys need to release this in the arcades. As I said, in Hong Kong, Jubeat/Jukebeat or even any form of new music games become massively popular, no doubt this would become just as popular!

I was wondering what the pop-up mode is? There's no explanation of what it is and I can't find anything online.

And will you guys be releasing an OST, because I definitely would buy a copy including the splash screen background music...it is so lush!

11. Mattosai

Mattosai Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    I love this game

the only thing i would like to see (or to hear) : more voiced songs , Retrospective and Verveg are fantastic.

Dunno if there is a longer version of these two songs but i'll buy them anytime for my mp3 player :b

12. StarCreator

StarCreator New Member

Jan 23, 2012
    Thanks for the update! I wanted to get some clarification on this point though - will there also be an adjustment to the judgement window (the accuracy where a Perfect vs a Good is awarded)? One of the chief complaints I hear about the game is that the window is large to the point that there is little connect between the music and the gameplay, and with the windows so large I feel there is simply not enough challenge to justify continuing to play the game. Indeed, the leaderboards now have a great many players who have reached the maximum possible score in both difficulties only a week and a half after release - there are many other music games on iOS and to my knowledge none of them have even a single player with the maximum possible score despite the games having been released months or years ago.

I appreciate the outreach and look forward to seeing the new updates!

13. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    Let me just add my vote to say if the music for this was released to buy, even just some downloads off the developers' website, I would snap it up in a heartbeat. Long versions would be even better.

14. Rayark Inc

Rayark Inc Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Game Developer
    Taiwan
  15. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Man, entrance was intense.

I absolutely loved the gameplay for Sacred, Sanctity, and Nocturnal Type.

DRG was an amazing song. Ververg was pretty awesome as well. And Les Parfumes was a pleasant surprise.

Hope to see achievements in a future update and I'm definitely looking forward to content updates!

P.S. I followed

16. Rayark Inc

Rayark Inc Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Game Developer
    Taiwan
    Cytus Version 1.1.0 Update Coming Soon

Cytus 1.1.0 patch note:
    A quick and new update to Version 1.1.0 featuring

1. Two new tracks, one of them is a secret track.

2. New charts arrangement for some tracks for better playing experience

3. Auto-rotation is now working during title screen, play Cytus in your preferred way.

4. Improve performance on iPad.

5. Bug fixed: crash problem, click sound delay.

For having better performance with Cytus,we strongly suggest play Cytus on iPhone 3Gs/ iPhone 4(s)/ 4th generation iPod touch/ iPad/ iPad2 with iOS 5(above)

New Track PV
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1OEN-nZsq0&feature=player_embedded

Cytus Team

17. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Thanks! Can't wait!

18. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Gotta love screen rotation :D

19. Waks

Waks Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Philippines
    Nice! Looking forward to the update :)

20. chkenwing

chkenwing Member

Jan 23, 2012
    I'm excited for this new update!

Just one question that has yet to be answered is what is the pop-up mode? I'm still baffled as what its function is.