Universal Cytus (by Rayark Inc.) - Musical Rhythm

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by November's Chopin, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Gum

Gum Member

Mar 23, 2012
    Man.... Entrance ver b is awesome!

First time I get a failed at the first attempt!!
    Haha, failed the move right to left wing!! The finale zig zag is mind boggling! Lol!

2. rOxPP

rOxPP New Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Gosh, the last post was few weeks ago. The hype on this game probably has died down during this period. I'm probably too late for this. I was exposed to his game late last year but merely downloaded it because my friend wanted to play the game more than I do. And recently the same friend informed me of the presence of a few secret songs and I just tested them out of curiosity and got addicted! And Chapter 4 will be released as soon as we hit the 100,000 download count target. You can preview a song from Chapter 4 here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou4wkKkL4aA&feature=youtu.be

I have a few recorded gameplays of myself that I uploaded onto YouTube:

Entrance Right Wing:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2qz4qOsxXg

Entrance Left Wing:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzpac-UNdZA

Ververg Ver. B:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVFXj29zCnk

PS: Sorry, I don't know how to embed the videos into this forum as I am new here.

The songs in this game are catchy and they are really good music but what the game is really lacking is adequate support from the community. As stated in the game itself, for every 100,000 paid downloads, a new chapter is guaranteed to be released. But till now there are only 91,061 player counts and the numbers does not seem to be increasing. :(

I think it is through this strategy that they are lacking the support of the community. Players got bored after a while due to the lack of updates and song choices. It was actually through the secret songs update (2.1) that got me addicted, otherwise, this game would probably serve no further as a decorative icon on my iPad springboard. I am now in the process of trying to Master every single songs in the game but too bad, none of the friends around me play this. They are more into Osu! or O2Jam.

3. taskerMX

taskerMX Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2013
    Finaly! We got the Cytus Ver. 3.0.0 (chapter 4 with 10 more songs); and chapter 5 and 6 in app purchase ($4.99 each chapter, or $.99 per song)

4. saiyukialex

saiyukialex Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
    bug when purchasing. fix seems to be coming soon.

5. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    It's ironic how they plan the whole million purchases to avoid IAP yet after passing the initial 100k purchases they just, well, go with it. Guess it's now the fate of all mobile games.

6. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    There was an IAP at one point, I thought, that unlocked the rest of the songs. As it stands there are 62 songs in the game so at 1/2 a million players everything technically should be unlocked for no additional charge unless there are more than100 songs total.

I don't buy stuff through IAP, so it's cool to me that they are offering another way to get the other songs. Still I have yet to finish everything the current game has to offer. Where even is the option in the game to IAP more songs anyway? I never found it even after looking.

7. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    New update! Well, chap7 and 8 are available as IAPs, just like the last update. Chap5 goes free, but doesn't that just screw the ones who bought it earlier? o_O

Anyway let's see if there're any cool new songs...

8. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Not really, as those people chose to pay for access to that content knowing the developers' intentions with the Million Downloads Plan, and got to play the songs in that chapter a full six months earlier than the people who have been sitting around hoping the MDP would succeed.

9. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    At least it's got a better icon. The last one looked freaking jagged on iPad2.

10. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I'm glad to see they updated this again and gave out more songs and added more content. This is easily my favorite music game of all time on any platform. Second favorite? Gitaroo Man (PS2/PSP). The icon never bothered me before though. I keep everything in folders so I'd see it only for a moment before starting the game.

11. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Emergency! I cannot stop listening to Sleepless Jasmine!!!!!!!!!111

Literally got sleepless last night since my head kept looping the "la lala la la" till forever.

12. Appletini

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    One of the main reasons I love Cytus is that unlike a lot of other music games, it doesn't consist entirely of repetitive generic DDR-style techno-crap. The mix of electronica, disco, gothic symphonica, videogame-inspired tracks, and A-pop works really well, and serves to elevate this game well above its competitors.

13. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    QFT.

I'm powerless against ear worm though *la lala la la la lala lala*

14. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Yeah, the music in this is pretty exceptional and varied.

Chapter I: Chemical Star (one of the few songs I have Master ranking) & Les Parfums de L'Amour
    Chapter II: Precipitation (also the hidden version), Entrance, & Sanctitiy
    Chapter III: The Riddle Story
    Chapter IV: Evil Force

I still need to dig into Chapter V. I'm looking forward to it :D

15. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Been listening to Holy Knight a lot before it gets unlocked, so right the first try I got Master :D Also Mastered both Easy and Hard versions of ...wait for it, SLEEPLESS JASMINE *LA LALA LA LA LA LALA LALA; LA LALA LA LA LA LALA LALA*

Admittedly, it's an easy song.

16. Appletini

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    That has probably been my favourite song since the game first came out, although I've become a fan of the catchy "New World" in Chapter 4 and the incredibly fast way it plays, which caught me completely off-guard the first time in.

Still trying to get a handle on the insane slides in the summer-rock "Landscape", too.

17. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yup... Cytus and Demons Score are my 2 top rhythm games for my ipad. With Groove Coaster, Symphonica and Final Fantasy Theatrhythm coming up behind them.

I wouldve ranked Theatrhythm so much higher if not for the super expensive set to complete everything. Im still lacking tons of characters. o_O

18. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    You've made me somewhat afraid to play that song since when I play Cytus it's typically at night. :eek: Ha. I can just imagine that getting totally stuck in my brain.

19. Appletini

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    I think that Chapter 5's "Holy Knight" on hard probably stands as my favourite pattern at the moment, although I appreciate the appropriately insane free-form jazz style pattern used in "Zauberkugel".

20. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Speaking of jazz, isn't Reflection a bit too slow? It makes the timing so tricky.