D.C Empire

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Nicoipad, Feb 7, 2012.

1. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Any new news on this?

2. Nicoipad

Nicoipad Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    #42 Nicoipad, Mar 3, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
    Yes, thanks for asking. The app will be finished and submitted to apple in these coming weeks! My computer is still crashed with the virus I mentioned earlier but a guy from apple is coming in the next few days to fix it. After that expect 2 new screenshots and an official description. The game will sell for $0.99. Until then any questions asked will be given an answer. Just feel free to ask about vehicles, story info and more. ;)

3. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Great!!! So you said this will be more mission based but with open-world elements, right? How many missions or levels are there?

Oh, and this will run on 2nd gens, right?

4. Nicoipad

Aug 28, 2010
    There will be an open world mode where you may roam the streets of dc but you will have to choose what vehicle you want to be in or if you want to be on foot. As for missions there are about 3 different maps for turf war (streets, in front of the capital building and inside of a liquor store), 3 races (convertable sports car Washington Monument, horse Dirt Race and a highway motorcycle race) and then there are 2 different tank mayhem missions: streets or army base.

I am not sure if 2nd gen devices will be supported but due to the low graphics I would guess yes.

5. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Sounds great! Can't wait to see the new screenshots!

6. Nicoipad

Aug 28, 2010
    Don't set expectations too high. Still same art style but just more detailed and no more white outlines that make it look unprofessional.

7. Nicoipad

Aug 28, 2010
    #47 Nicoipad, Mar 5, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
    Screenshots + Final Logo coming this Saturday.

DC EMPIRE OFFICIAL DESCRIPTION

• Expereince the United States Capital, Washigton DC, in a brand new way!
    • Drive motorcycles, tanks and even ride horses.
    • Move into the White House and conquer the world!
    • An all original soundtrack!
    • All this for just $0.99!

8. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Sounds good, can't wait to see how this turns out!

9. Nicoipad

Aug 28, 2010
    I hope it turns out good. There is still a lot left of the game to be made though. May-June release unfortunately :(

10. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Well, as long as the controls and gameplay are solid, I'll be able to enjoy it. :D

11. Nicoipad

Aug 28, 2010
    Bad news:( the screenshots are being pushed back to another time about 2 weeks from now. My computer has been in the shop a little longer than expected. Sorry to report it

12. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Darn, was looking forward to seeing them... Hope all goes well with your computer.

13. Nicoipad

Aug 28, 2010
    Thanks. To make up for the wait there will be 3 screenshots, the logo and another q+a. Sorry for the wait. :(

14. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Hey, any news on this?

15. Nicoipad

Aug 28, 2010
    #55 Nicoipad, Mar 28, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
    New screenshots coming this weekend hopefully. As always I can answer questions about the game so anything you want to know just ask. The game will probably be released August, due to unforeseen complications making he game. I will be visiting Washigton, D.C in July so I can create a realistic feeling of D.C for this game.

16. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Any news on those screenshots?

17. Nicoipad

Aug 28, 2010
    Got my computer back so now I just need to polish up the pictures and they will be posted

18. Nicoipad

Aug 28, 2010
    NEW SCREENSHOTS!

These introduce something I have been wanting to talk about for a while: car controls. As you see in this image your guy is in a drop-top (with actual retractable roof ;)). You might see how the control scheme is not an analog stick on one. Driving controls are different than normal controls. These were both taken during free-roam. One is Pennsylvania Ave. (go up a little and see the old post office building) and the other is by the Washington Monument. More screens coming soon about character customization and indoor shootouts. Game coming this summer!

Attached Files:

19. xLucky7

xLucky7 Member

Jan 11, 2012
    Idk if people in this thread were lying or not, but the graphics in the screenshots on the first page were straight ass (no offence). The newest set shows better graphics, but theyre still pretty amateur and unprofessional. And im not even trying to be mean, just telling the truth.

Idk if the community was trying to be nice and just said the graphics looked nice, because they didn't. But its sad you guys didnt even let him know..

I still hope this thread is a joke.

20. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Definitely improved from the first batch of screenshots!