Universal D/Generation (by West Coast Software)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jul 30, 2015.

1. DJCubs

DJCubs Member

Sep 12, 2014
    Def recommend getting an MFi controller, makes loads of games much better. I have the big Mad Catz, it's great.

2. CoolDude06

CoolDude06 New Member

Aug 10, 2015
    Journalist
    London
    Hi there! I do understand that this is a free game, but I sadly believe that it’s amazingly lame. Both the graphics and the gameplay look horrible and I am pretty sure that it comes with in-app purchases to spoil the fun even further. It would have really helped West Coast to consider competition that’s out there!

3. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    It lists the only IAP

[​IMG]

It's a port of a 20+ year old game. The IAP unlocks the full game. It would have really helped you to do even the most basic research before commenting.

4. DJCubs

DJCubs Member

Sep 12, 2014
    The game is a stone cold classic

5. westcoast

westcoast Member

Aug 14, 2015
    1.0.4 available

1.0.4 is now available. Fixes a couple of things and allows you to switch the controls over.

6. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    works fine now!!!

thanks a lot.

7. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Fyi, i unlocked the game a day after release, so my rant is legitimate. It was only $1, but i'd gladly would have paid $5 or more IF...

Ok, a month after releasing and four updates later!, at least i can swap the controls to the left side. They work, but most would consider them very finicky (8-way) and as someone mentioned, very playable only with a controller.

All the buttons hit-points are off...
    To trigger a shot, you must find the little hit-point between the buttons X and A. To trigger a conversation with a rescued person...i only seem to be lucky to do so once in a while. Didn't get far enough to see what button B stands for. My game ended without finding out the user name plus the password...and more patience.

This is the best example of HOW TO NOT RELEASE A GAME.

My dear Devs, if all your efforts of updating went into loveable and dedicated thoughts before your release...my patience is over and i finally rated the game with 2 stars. Here and on my swiss app store. Damn, such a pity.

8. westcoast

westcoast Member

Aug 14, 2015
    Rant Reply

Hi Qwertz555,
    We are not seeing this problem on our devices, what iOS device are you using? More than happy to work on making the app more playable for you and everyone who is playing the game.

John

9. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    #49 Qwertz555, Sep 10, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
    Hi John

Playing on an iphone 5s, version 8.4.1, icloud on, no other apps open in multi-task bar.

First, i re-booted, re-downloaded the app and re-started my device to make sure my issues remain.

Yep, the small ABYX buttons (not the responsive 8-way controls and others) are a pitiful mess, still.
    Touch on top of the X and left of Y shows me the life, rescued, grenades, etc.
    Touch below X and left of A lets me shoot. Very tiny hit-point. Inadmissible when a quick shooting is required. It is in this game!
    Touch left of X lets me talk.
    Pushing any button exactly does nothing at all. I never found grenades or whatever, so i don't know those behaviour with whatever button.
    Talking to rescued people happened, but mostly not. I watched a walkthrough (pc version) on youtube for a few minutes, and it seemed that the player was talking to everybody to get some informations. Maybe also the code/user computer that comes some rooms after my save-load on floor 81. Didn't find that out, didn't watch everything.

How to improve the controls?

Well, bring the buttons to work and let the player customize the buttons himself in place, bigness and transparency. Simple as that.

If you wouldn't have been active here on TA and with all your updates you made, my rating would have been a clear and not arguable one star.
    So thanks for listening.

Edit: i made another attempt and made it to floor 81/scene 4, and i met Seth, saying he gives me the password but he didn't...did i miss something or is this my talking issue? Any help (in spoiler please) would be appreciated.

I found a bomb but no idea how to use it, so i blew myself up...that was my last life after playing through the whole game once more (this far), and again without getting the password.

10. DJCubs

DJCubs Member

Sep 12, 2014
    This game plays much better with a MFi controller, they're definitely worth getting if you play a lot of iOS games

11. westcoast

westcoast Member

Aug 14, 2015
    #51 westcoast, Oct 21, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
    Verion 1.0.6

Version 1.0.6 has just been submitted to Apple.

Major addition is Welsh language support for all our native language speakers.