Universal Daddy Was A Thief (by Rebel Twins)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, May 8, 2013.

1. rebel twins

rebel twins Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Just to let you guys know :) We're working on upgrading Daddy Was A Thief.
    There are new enemies, a lot of new different floors to explore, some new obstacles
    and even more exciting and explosive gameplay coming soon. Also bug fixes.

2. Mrwubbs

Mrwubbs Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Yay!

3. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Awesome news, thats just what it needs!

4. Mrwubbs

Mrwubbs Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Awesome news

5. Capronissimo71

Capronissimo71 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    Great news!
    Could i suggest you to clean up the leaderboards? It's not good to see at number one hacked scores like 9 millions and more. Thanks and keep up the good work!

6. laszlo_kovacs

laszlo_kovacs Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Update's out; it fleshes things out a bit more. Played til floor 300, and saw:

-A few new floor arrangements (stools, small tables, washers stacked on dryers, etc...more opportunities for destruction).
    -New guy: TV watcher. Not sure if he can kill you or not, or if he can even affect you like the granny.
    -2 new obstacles that kill: a bomb, and a side-to-side moving laser which is tough.
    -Some floors are reinforced and require more than one jump when big; some of these floors have a one block 'weak spot' that you can still bust through in one jump.

Very solid, if not completely spectacular, improvement. I like these devs a lot and am impressed with the speed of the update.

7. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    ^ Oh yes he the guy watching tv can kill you with his remote... Also, good and fast update, I wish all devs were this responsive... Back to playing :D

8. Dr.Game

Dr.Game Member

May 19, 2013
    awesome! thanks for the update. :D

9. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yeah... Loved this game before, but, like Crumble Zone, an update later and it feels more like a FULL game (if that makes sense...)

Rebel Twins has very quickly become one of my favorite iOS Devs.

10. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    If anywhere near as cool as this one, I guess I'm going to have to look Crumble Zone up. :)

11. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I prefer crumble zone to this actually...

It's definitely one of my favorite iOS games...

12. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Just played it a bit, very snazzy hybrid of Asteroids and Missile Command in a weird way.

13. ImLegend

ImLegend Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2010
    Great game! Good concept for endless run type of game. BUT:
    1) too little upgrade, strictly speaking only have 3 upgrades in whole game
    2) no mini archievements to give bonus like other endless run game, e.g. 3 x mini archievements give extra coins or heart
    3) GC archievements are way too little, only 14 of them, add more to keep up the motivation to play again and again, suggested archievements can be something like "break 200 sofa"...

After I played for a while (current level 22) I lose my motivation to continue to play, especially when I did all the upgrades, tried 5 x hearts single run, I can't find any more stuff I want to do or discover...

14. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Yeah it gets old rather quickly... Only 1 upgrade left and many coins to spend, just have to reach the rank to buy it. The game is sort of unique and fun nonetheless, but short.

15. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    2 weeks after release I must say that this is a huge dissapointment. There is not much to do, I would like to see more upgradable power-ups, missions and more achievements. In the current version this game is not addictive at all.

16. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #76 syntheticvoid, May 26, 2013
    Last edited: May 26, 2013
    Does anyone know if you can stack consumable power ups?

**edit**

k... yeah - you can... playing a game now with 9 extra lives. =oP

I know I'm gonna die before I can earn back all the currency I dumped into this one game, but whatever. =oP

Ha... yup... lost 7 lives in about 6 seconds. Hit by a bullet - respawn on top of a missile - fall down onto a laser - respawn on another missile - fall down onto a bullet - fall down into the old guys remote ray - respawn on yet another missile. I had no control over any of it. I didn't swipe once during that whole death be to me section. Just bad luck I suppose? Or maybe the game is conspiring against me?!? Wound up earning 700 coins that game. Yippie... wasted 2,500 coins.

Oh well...

17. laszlo_kovacs

laszlo_kovacs Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Ha yeah, a little frustrating. I still enjoy the game more than most, it seems.

Given the much higher odds of a random, unavoidable death since the update, the coin doubler at 3000 coins is a guaranteed loss.

18. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Man my almost 3 year old daughter loves this along with me and the wife, she even asks if she can use my phone to play it lol. Great game.

19. rebel twins

rebel twins Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2012
  20. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #80 syntheticvoid, Aug 29, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
    **edit**

nevermind...

Thank you so so so so much for the update!!! I can't wait to unlock the new upgrades!

Am I right in thinking that the two new upgrades (UFO and Jetpack) can be unlocked when you reach level 60?? If so, how do I unlock them? I'm a level 82 (and just leveled up from level 81 after updating) - and they haven't unlocked...