Universal DANDY DUNGEON Legend of Brave Yamada (By DMM.com)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    What is the healing sword?

2. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Received 24 5* Dungeons today. Insane

3. m2306

m2306 Active Member

Jul 23, 2016
    Share? Or did you post them on Twitter?

It's mostly the same stuff over and over on Twitter. There is a few dungeons that I've seen only once. Like Bone Field. Also there is supposed to be a dungeon called Holy Thelemonius Castle (or something like that) but I've never seen it.

4. panfried

panfried Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2013
    I don't know what that sword will be called in English but Google translates it to "Tact of the Universe". It grants a skill that randomly heals you for 50hp while also damaging all monsters on screen. Probably the best weapon in the game IMO. You get it from 5star monster ranch dungeon, currently not implemented yet.

5. m2306

m2306 Active Member

Jul 23, 2016
    I just got to the last boss of Garbi Desert after going through the Advanced door. He had 3HP left but then he killed me with an attack that took 49HP!! Think it was magic so I'm going to try and bring a Magic Barrier. I kind of needed five other items to get that far though. Hard as hell and didn't even find any gold or platinum chests. I thought going thtough the Advance part would automatically give some good loot.. Anyone got any tips on how to beat this dungeon?

6. panfried

panfried Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2013
    In Garbi only the bosses drop good loot from what I've seen.
    I just beat the Garbage Pharaoh myself and this is what I did:
    I equipped a fully upgraded Peach Warrior set and Immunity Shield and Legendary Crystal sword.
    Two potions, a heal scroll, falcon scroll and blockade scroll.
    I used the blockade scroll before he critical hit me to block most of the damage.
    Make sure to have the falcon scroll ready for when he gets to lower HP and starts his count down.
    When timer gets to 1 and 0 get your potions ready. He only did 10 damage with his Pharaoh's Wraith but it did 'kill' me anyway. I just potion revived and finished him off.
    He dropped a premium fire ore... I wanted that armor. Oh well, time to try again.
    Here is a video of someone else doing it if that helps:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ur9KDiYGIc#t=03m35s

7. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Boss loot doesn't correspond with chests, FYI.

8. Themagicjesus

Themagicjesus Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2012
    Enjoyed the game until I got to the second major boss and it's now being deleted after this nonsense. Fought through all eight floors with moderate difficulty but pulled it off with some careful item usage. Got to him, was forced to leave two mages alive during the fight due to wall placement except they were in direct line of sight the whole fight shooting 6 damage or more fireballs every round each. I beat him using everything I had, he commits "seppuku" and comes back in a second form with 100 more hp. I nearly flip my shit right there but destroy every item in the hopes that I get lucky. Instead he does some critical hitting for 30 hp (maximum was 48) right away after I get him down to about half hp. Never used a rice ball before but I had several rare chests and didn't want to do all the floors again so I did. He gets to 4 hp, heals like 30 or more, then crits and kills me. I have one rice ball left and decide it's all or nothing and it would be ridiculous to lose when I took him down from 300 in one life. I get him down to 1 hp, literally, and he crits for all the rest my hp (like 80% of what I have).

Sorry but that's ridiculous. Wasted several hours worth of energy and the only premium currency I've found in dozens of hours through losing to magic boss abilities and forced minions doing constant damage

9. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    i was in the same situation. this is a real example of why i hate that free-to-play nonsence in games. i mean, c'mon, where is fair difficultly?! just a shame, because this game definitely deserves to be great and premium.

10. m2306

m2306 Active Member

Jul 23, 2016
    #170 m2306, Feb 19, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
    What is this whining? Eating riceballs in the dungeons is like cheating and kills the fun which lies in the planning it takes to solve a dungeon. And it will fail, like it did for you, because you were not prepared. If that's the way you want to play it prepare to lay down some real money. On the other hand you could buy the ducks, they come at a fair price considering the quality of this game. After that you can have as many tries as you like in any dungeon, without having to wait. It doesn't take many minutes to get through the rooms. If you die just change your strategy and try again. If the boss you describe is Masamune you will fare better with the Naginata as a weapon. Using a wallbreaker scroll solved the problem with the skeletons and mages. These items can be found by being a bit more patient with the progressing. You probably had too weak armour as well. Use your riceballs on the hungry questers instead and upgrade your gear. There are some difficult levels in this game but this is not one of them.

11. m2306

m2306 Active Member

Jul 23, 2016
    How many goldshards did you get in the Pharaoh Buddy event during the weekend? I think there was a cap because after around five of them I got a message that "it doesn't smell like Pharaoh anymore".

12. m2306

m2306 Active Member

Jul 23, 2016
    I'm not so sure I like how the Golden Pyramid is done. With you having to buy keys to enter.. Otherwise it's ok. I used to pay 50€ for games when I was a kid. So paying 8€ for this game and only after trying it out extensively is not bad. I also bought five rice balls to use on hungry questers because I was lazy. But that's entirely my own problem. I mean, think about the hours and hours laid down grinding in 50€ games to progress back in the day. It's actually cool to be able to skip some of that grinding by laying down a couple of euros more. I haven't got as much time on my hands as I used to.

13. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Is the duck IAP recoverable to additional devices or one time use consumable? Getting conflicting stories on Reddit.

14. Themagicjesus

Themagicjesus Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2012
    Hard to take your wall of text seriously when you claim all I'm doing is whining when it's a legitimate criticism.

First of all, I had the best gear possible from the areas prior including fully maxed wind gear and antipoison shield and katana that I have never seen the materials to upgrade more. Samurai gear and others did worse every time. Didn't have an ounce of trouble like this in a single previous floor or boss ever. Second, claiming needing a wall breaker scroll (40k in the shop and a four star item) is ridiculous. I've never come across something like this layout in any of the hundreds of floors I'd done prior. Forcing someone to take 3x the damage for not having ludicrous amounts of gold to waste is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Third, I'm not paying eight dollars just for no energy that's insanity, half that would be reasonable. Fourth, never used rice balls before but if it's a game mechanic then you calling it cheating is incredibly stupid. I used them to advance through a ridiculous situation so as not to lose a complete perfect eight floor run with several rare chests.

So no, it absolutely wasn't a difficult level. It was a broken layout and to expect one to just have a four star item when not a single one has ever shown up is an idiotic decision. If it happens here I am sure it'll happen again which is why I'm glad to be done with the game. I prefer actual balance.

15. m2306

m2306 Active Member

Jul 23, 2016
    There are lots of games where progress is impossible without laying down real money. This is not one of them. If you don't want to call eating rice balls in the dungeons cheating then that's okay. It's still a mechanic that's not necessary and it's just there to milk money from impatient people. My eight year old kid just cleared Tokugawa Cave. I didn't let him buy any IAP. #

16. Eldinz

Eldinz Member

Dec 12, 2016
    #176 Eldinz, Feb 20, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
    It's very easy to kill that samurai dude.

Magic shield will direct the mage's damage to the samurai dude, melee shield when he's about to crit (number dislay!), falcon and health when needed. If you want to kill the mages, magnet will pull them next to you then the samurai dude will kill them. You can use the next tier of katana or other splashing weapon to break things next to him and he will constantly spam skeleton -> very little damage.

Does anyone have a good strategy against the last boss? The heck queen armor's defense is somewhat low compared to peach warrior armor, still it has the best passive abilities. Currently with peach warrior armor and king yamada scepter, i am stuck at level 3 of last boss :(

17. m2306

m2306 Active Member

Jul 23, 2016
    This one. It's all about strategy. I did it in a different way which also proves there are many different ways to do it.

18. m2306

m2306 Active Member

Jul 23, 2016
    #178 m2306, Feb 20, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
    I didn't get to the last boss yet. There was a strategy posted posted in this thread. But, it might have been by the guy who deleted all his posts.. Can you tell me how to avoid being instakilled by the guys in the suits?

19. Eldinz

Eldinz Member

Dec 12, 2016
    He shoots in a straight line, so go around to hit him and use obstacles to avoid getting hit. Sometimes you need to go straight to the next door. For the boss you need 3 heal pots and 2 melee shields :)

20. thplace

thplace New Member

Feb 20, 2017