Danmaku Unlimited 2 4.99->1.99 the night of March 27th

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Greyskull, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Alfalfa

Alfalfa Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2013
  2. taskerMX

taskerMX Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2013
    #22 taskerMX, Mar 27, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
    Official Danmaku Unlimited 2 - Bullet Hell Shmup Launch Trailer

YouTube: video

3. Menneisyys

Menneisyys Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    OK, it's 1.79 euros here in Europe now. Still $5 in the US.

4. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Pretty sure it'll be 11 p.m. EST.

5. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    HA! If you want someone who can get the TA honchos to take notice of a game, you're speaking to the wrong person.

I am a fan of Sunny Tam though. Besides Cave and him, not many devs manage to create shmups with pixel-tracking precision controls. My only complaint with Sunny Tam SHMUPS is that the color pallets used often make it hard to distinguish between the background, enemies, and bullets.

6. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    I have to admit, I wish he'd change the palette for the same reasons. Oh, and it's now gone down to the sale price.

7. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    #27 Nobunaga, Mar 28, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
    I didn't realize this was from the same dev as raptured.
    I like that game too much for what it is. Anyway, convinced me to buy this.

8. roninld

roninld Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    All these recommendations forced me to buy this.

Now to put this in the folder of games that I have yet to play.

Thanks

9. Foxbat

Foxbat Well-Known Member

Thanks! Really enjoyed working on that game. Was working with a talented friend that did the graphics to quickly put together something fun and bite size, hope you will enjoy DU2 as much as raptured!

10. Hey thanks Foxbat for listening to us early adopters and implementing the transparency for the prize bubbles! It looks great now.

I recommend all of you out there to set the transparency to about 50% or so, it makes it look better in my opinion. Screenshot attached, take a look at the bubbles now, they are more transparent.

Great game! Especially on icade!

Attached Files:

11. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Sorry for my ignorance, but how do you get to the transparency options? I can't find them in the main options menu; does it have to be set in the tutorial?

12. Foxbat,

I think there is a bug in the transparency settings, it only shows up sometimes. Can't figure it out myself. Can you look into this?

13. Foxbat

Foxbat Well-Known Member

Oh, you can access it during the game via the pause menu. I'll put it in the main option menu as well next patch :)

14. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Gotcha. Thanks much, Sunny!

Also, any chance you could convince Blankfield to release the soundtrack to DU2 to be downloaded as a standalone? That would be awesome.

15. Ahh, that's why I got confused! Hehe

Great hdmi tv game! Love playing this game with my icade core. Much moreso than with the regular controls. Thanks Foxbat for an awesome game!

Attached Files:

16. phrenik

phrenik Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2012
    Nurse
    City of Coffee
    Was holding off till I could spare more cash but this put me over the edge. The dev is awesome, loved his other games rainbow tissue cat, and danmaku 1 :p. thanks for the heads up grey and for the great game + sale Sunny!

17. Yeah, Foxbat had been kind implementing the transparency controls, and love the way this game plays on my icade core joystick.

It's really challenging, and man when you pump the sounds through a soundbar really high, a true psychaedellic experience even Greyskull might be proud of.

Cool game, let's pray that the original Danmaku Unlimited game can get icade support, cause Danmaku 2 rocks with an icade joystick, hdmi tv, and a soundbar!

Attached Files:

18. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    NP, I took advantage of the sale as well...and picked it up (though I can't install because I have no free space on my iPhone) too, along with Storm Strikers since I've got every other Sunny Tam game (including Raptured, or something like that).

I would try installing SS on my ipad and playing in 2x mode, but with most games 2x mode on an ipad mini looks much worse to me than an ipad1/2...maybe the increases ppi causes more pixelation.

19. You realize that Danmaku 2 is universal so will work on your ipad mini right?

Hdmi will fix your 2x mode issues. Storm strikers look wonderful on tv and with the icade core joystick.

Attached Files:

20. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Last day of the sale. Buy now, ask questions later :p