Universal Danmaku Unlimited 2 (+ Lite Version) by Sunny Tam

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    That sounds like a wonderful game. I'm down.

2. PureRumble

PureRumble Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Hey Foxbat/sunny ive got an honest Q: u really feel this new version of ur game improves on the music of the last?

When u listen to the tunes of the games, would u honestly rate this higher?

I could play the shit out of du1 just for the sake of the music. It gave me these crazy vibes that i couldn put the game down for hours. It fueled me to put my nick on #5 on one of the hi-score lists (med focused i think)

I really cant see myself doing it with this new iteration of the tunes. Any chance we will see an update with alternative tunes that are sort of a remix of the old tunes?

3. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #323 syntheticvoid, Mar 25, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
    :rolleyes:

The songs from the original are free downloads... And in multiple games.

DU2 let's you play your own music.. You can DL the songs from the first, and play 2 while listening to em if Blankfield bothers you THAT much

4. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    DU1 had all free to use music you can find on the Internet. While it's free to use, there would likely be complications for anyone intending to remix it. Plus, lots of people like the Blankfield stuff, and I'm guessing Sunny is in that camp since he's had Blankfield score his last two shooters.

5. Foxbat

Foxbat Well-Known Member

While I liked the music I found for DU1, for me it didn't really give a J-STG feel to the game. Personally I'm a huge fan of Blankfield's music, it is more rock than techno but I think it fits the vision of DU2 better, which is to be an authentic Japanese bullet hell shooter. Working with an original score also allows us to coordinate the music and action together (stage 4 mid-boss is a good example!).

There's always the option of playing your own music while playing the game too :) the game will automatically mute the soundtracks.

6. I will state for the record that I like Danmaku 2 and Storm Striker on hdmi tv with an icade core joystick. (Hopefully Danmaku the original one day) :D

So everyone drink up! I ain't drinking, cause I ain't that stupid! Hehe :p

Attached Files:

7. I loved the music in DU1, not that DU 2 music isn't close, but for some reason the feel of the music and sound effects in the original were pretty awesome.

8. PureRumble

PureRumble Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    And the tunes wouldnt be in sync with the game, u know it man, know it!

But i give in. Its ur game, u should do it the way (J-STG?) u like it.

9. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Anyone have issues with using your own music on this? I turned the sound off but left the effects on. Flick on a playlist but when I re enter DU2 it cancels the music and sometimes the SFX aswell. Really odd. Doesn't happen on other games.
    Iphone 5
    Ios 6.1

10. Foxbat

Foxbat Well-Known Member

hmm I'll try to track down the issue thanks!

11. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Cheeeeers

12. Foxbat

Foxbat Well-Known Member

Hi all,

The new update is now live and adds an option to adjust the transparency of the prizes and also fixes the visual bug when ranking up from Colonel to Ace.

Also want to let you guys know that the game will be going on sale this Easter weekend, sales have been really suffering from the combination of lack of reviews, high rate of piracy, and people holding back at the current price point. I'm hoping that this will increase the exposure for the game and recope some of the cost from working on the game full-time for the last 10 months.

I want to thank everyone that got the game at the original price. Moving forward, when and if there is a new game I think I will go back to the pricing format of Storm Strikers where it starts at a lower introductory price, so early supporters are properly rewarded.

13. iamnotseth

iamnotseth New Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Hey Sunny, how about a shot color editor? Please?

Game kicks ass.

14. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    It was easily worth 5 bucks, so no love lost here; so far, I've probably had about $30 worth of fun out of it.

The game is close to perfect really, so let's all take a sec to write an iTunes review for Sunny here to see if we can generate some more interest!

15. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    No regrets about buying it at "full price". I just hope you can afford to keep bringing us quality games.

16. xjaff

xjaff Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Definitely worth $5, no regrets here. Hope the sale helps.

17. taskerMX

taskerMX Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2013
    If we start sending lots of message to sites like TA (all of them who not make a review for Danmaku Unlimited 2) on Twitter, Facebook or anywhere them could read it. That should be a really great way to help him.

18. I wonder why Toucharcade hasn't reviewed this since Danmaku original was a shmup classic on ios. Strange. Thanks for the more transparent stars. Thanks.

19. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Thanks for the transparency option for the orbs, Sunny. This was as good as or an even better idea than making them smaller. I turn the setting all the way down, making them still plenty visible while also ensuring that they aren't part of the foreground action.

You mean when you make a new game. I don't even want to think about you not doing another. This is utter nonsense. The lack of attention from TA and AppSpy, specifically, is atrocious. When a game is one of the best in a genre--no matter how popular or 'niche' the genre--and is also native iOS, you REVIEW IT. And for anyone who is pirating this game, PM me and I will kindly tell you of a place where we can meet so I can punch you in the face and rob you of the five dollars you owe Sunny. No, really, I'm not kidding.

20. Foxbat, if you are going to do a sale, you may want to put a thread up on the price reduction thread a couple of days early to generate some talk. If you post when the sale is going to start, some developers have been giving advanced notice of their sales.