Universal Danmaku Unlimited 2 (+ Lite Version) by Sunny Tam

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Mar 1, 2013.

1. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    I'm obviously not happy about the lack of coverage, so I did what I could and wrote a review on the store. Tell me what you think:

A Slice of Bullet Heaven

If you gravitate towards quality iOS titles with zero IAP and are even remotely interested in what is arguably the slickest genre available in gaming, the shooter, or Shmup, then Sunny Tam's bullet hell masterpiece Danmaku Unlimited 2 is an absolute must have. Graphically the game rivals any other shooter available on the store, running at 60 frames per second, with crisp bullet patterns and an overall beautiful visual presentation. The intensity of this joyride is enhanced fittingly through the music of Blankfield, making the experience equal parts visual and auditory delight. On top of this, the scoring mechanics are engaging and challenging, while the various difficulty settings will appeal to all skill levels. Play casually and just try to beat the game, or knuckle down for high scores and compete with true bullet hell champions on the Leaderboards.

Purchase this title now. It is a stellar representation of not only bullet hell, but of a fun game in a timeless genre.

There you go Sunny. Let the sales roll in!

2. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    The same reason TA never game DU1 any coverage, or Storm Strikers, or pretty much every great shmup ever made for iOS, they wouldn't know a good shmup if it shot them in the face. I guess they just don't have any shooter guys (or gals) on their staff. The only game of Sunny's that got any front page coverage was Rainbow Tissue Cat if that tells you anything :p

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Maybe we can use that to get our foot in the door :p

"Hey guys, the developer of Rainbow Tissue Cat has released a new game!"

4. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    If I remember correctly, TA gave Danmaku 1 coverage and a review, and AppSpy I know for sure reviewed StormStrikers.

5. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    DU2 got a good review in PG, 148 apps, Kotaku etc. I remember Eli saying in the RR3 thread that the site isn't really about going in depth it's more about being a avenue for discovering cool games. This makes DU2's absence even more baffling.
    Just look at the pretty colors and feel how tight the gameplay is. It's an easy recommendation.

It would be cool to have a short article on TA listing the all of the weeks nominations for GOTW. Every game can have a forum members 100 word review of why it's killer.

6. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    My bad, you are correct. Good ol Nissa gave DU the same 4.5 stars RTC got. I had forgotten about that because the review came out two months after the game did. So... maybe they'll review DU2 in another month or so? :p

7. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Yeah, maybe they'll just wait until 2014 :rolleyes:

8. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Bought during the sale .
    Really good game

9. I really like the transparency settings. Setting it to 50% works for me, looks like a cave game in terms of transparency. It is cool, music jacked down to 76% so I can hear the sound effects more. Plays much better now. The transparency levels and icade are working wonders to help me fully appreciate the game. Thanks.

10. PureRumble

PureRumble Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Ill wait for the sale to drop off, then ill get it...

... but ive said what i think of the music >-(

11. HitStop

HitStop Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    iOS developer
    Give this man a medal.

That said, you could also buy a few copies and drag some unsuspecting friends into bullet hell. Heh.

12. The sale is on! Check in the price reduction thread, maybe someone needs to bump it.

13. PureRumble

Nov 1, 2012
    I said ill wait for the sale to drop _OFF_; as in the sale seises to be; as in no more sale; as in back to full price; as in i still dont like the music >-(

14. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Oh my god...

If I edit the music from the original to match up with the levels in the sequel, will you stop complaining?!

15. PureRumble

Nov 1, 2012
    r u the developer or r u joking?

16. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    No, not the developer... But I produce music...

Editing the original tracks so that they almost align with the gameplay shouldn't be too incredibly hard...

17. Tatanak

Tatanak Active Member

Jun 23, 2012
    Burst - Hard, almost 2 trill. but I played offline and my score doesn't get uploaded. Is it hard add refresh button to the option menu to send scores to the GC manually?

18. So you are saying you can create an itunes song we could play in the background and turn game music off to get a more DU1 music effect?

Heck, if you can do it, do it, and post a link here. That would be awesome.

19. Foxbat

Foxbat Well-Known Member

Just letting you guys know that today is the last day for the sale, so grab it while you can!

20. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    #360 Aventador, Apr 8, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
    Confirming you need to grab this now, game has beautiful visuals, excellent music and sets standards for bullet hell shooters genre one step higher.

* edit : just saw teaser for new game, so excited :)