Universal DARIUSBURST SP [by TAITO]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by strivemind, Feb 9, 2012.

1. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Thank you! Origin unlocked :) This game is bananas!!!

2. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Just found Level 5 missions include Very Hard as a difficulty level. Can Very Hard be made available in the main game?

3. killwhitey

killwhitey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    My only complaints with this game is that closing the app or even just turning off the screen will cause the game to reboot when I open it again. Also, the leaderboards are messy. No original mode leaderboards? I think you could do away with the hijk letters and just make an original and sp mode board for each ship, with the "overall" board as default. Other than those admittedly nitpicky things, I LOVE THIS DAMN GAME.

4. RCranium666

RCranium666 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2010
    Crashing after level H or I. Like the game otherwise.

5. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    which psp version , JAP? Id let u bang my sister if u pm me the title...lol

6. TheStark

TheStark Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2011
    Dariusburst aka Daraiasubaasuto.

Now about your sister...

7. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Offtopic:

[​IMG]

8. TheStark

Dec 27, 2011
    #148 TheStark, Feb 13, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
    lol :d

EDIT: The forum is acting up -.-

9. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    As a side note, I would like to add that the game boots very fast. You can tap each company screen and quickly get to the main screen.

Yes - QUICK access to a game of this graphic and control quality is a value add IMHO and an additional reason it will stay front page on my iDevice for a while.

10. TheStark

Dec 27, 2011
    Exactly. On a side note, this has become a huge problem in games. I bought the game, I DO NOT WANT to watch those damn unskippable logos every time I want to play. You got my money, I know who made the game, now leave me alone! :mad: /rant

11. scarypharaoh

scarypharaoh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Medical Professional
    With Carmen Sandiego
    i think it is very dissapointing that the us version and european version do not share the same leaderboards. especially in a game like this where leaderboard competition is such a great way to play. The appstore is a global market and given the fact that i can play a 4-way asynchronous game with my friends in Germany, Singapore and Italy without any hassle, i cant believe i cant share leaderboards with USA. Ridiculuous.

12. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I want to chime in about the different leaderboards.
    I really hope this is a bug that will be soon patched...I noticed the USA name of the game is
    Dariusburst SP
    while the european one (at least the Italian one) is:
    Dariusburst -SP-
    Those little - make a big difference....my GC doesn't recognize the game as the same one, so the different leaderboards.
    I do hope is a bug and devs will patch this.
    Said that, aside from the fact I have yet to understand in what original and SP mode differs (I see different stage colors and patterns) and that I do not understand why the game let continue you indefinitely without penalties and register the score only if you finish it....the game is FREAKING AMAZING.
    Some levels are simply stunning and music is awesome too.

13. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Oh, no. I don't have it... Just reading the wiki for the psp version, and the thread on the shmups forum... They've done a lot to enhance the iOS version... And are charging less for it than the psp version... Developers like this deserve to be supported... Almost thinking of buying Rayforce, even though I know it's not as polished, and has its issues... Just to help support Taito.

I did buy Space Invaders a long time ago, at full price, and bought EVERY IAP ship because I felt they deserved my $$ then... With Dariusburst, they've revived that level of respect from me... And then some. =oD

14. DusT_HounD

DusT_HounD Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    #154 DusT_HounD, Feb 13, 2012
    @syntheticvoid:
    tbh, i wouldn't pull the trigger on Rayforce- a barebones port of the arcade game, with no improvements, and costing MORE than Darius Burst is something i personally wouldn't splash the cash on. I like the idea of giving support to developers who deliver great content, but the Rayforce scam is most certainly not worthy.

Like, in Space Invaders Infinity Gene, i also bought the IAP ships, because i thought they were cool additions, and worth the asking price, so i would certainly want to send the message that good content is appreciated, and will be paid for, but from the impressions i read on the Rayforce thread, that crap can stay unpurchased.

15. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    TRAGEDY CONFIRMED.

In Openfeint my Darius is Darius_EU.
    I guess that, for some stupid unknown reason, they decided to split leaderboards between EU, USA and maybe ASIA.

Bummer :(

Why????
    I do hope they will reconsider, if possible.

And while I'm here, I would add that, in a so slick and polished package, the name with the dots under the iPhone icon is really a bit absurd.

The game is still freaking awesome....but I do hope they will iron out these things.

16. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    #156 Royce, Feb 13, 2012
    I'd buy Rayforce if it was universal. I agree with you guys about IG, it was a very creative and entertaining title if somewhat short and easy, just so much fun.

Oh and regarding the scoreboards, that's a disappointment. It would be nice if they were global. It's GC and OF both?

17. DusT_HounD

DusT_HounD Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    That said, i found IG pretty difficult when playing on hard mode, when every enemy you downed would fire off a shot as they exploded. Definitely kept me on my toes.

18. killwhitey

killwhitey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    this does the best job of summing up how I feel about the leaderboards. it feels like there's no excuse for these little things to be wrong when they get everything else so right.

19. dark1x

dark1x Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Agreed. Darius Burst is an awesome game and deserves attention.

I originally purchased the PSP version for upwards of $70 so $10 is a steal. It's a genuinely great game that plays beautifully on iPhone.

20. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Taito received my highest respect with G-Darius many years ago. I am foaming at the mouth to play Dariusburst as I am sure it is in the same league.