Dark Asylum, attempting to create the scariest game to date for iphone

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by draper3000, Dec 3, 2010.

1. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Yeah, what ever happened to this. Totally forgot about it. I remember when I first saw the gameplay and I was like :eek:

2. draper3000

draper3000 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2010
    Video Editor and part time app designer...
    Staines, UK,
    Cheers guys...

Thanks for the questions guys.

Sorry its been so long since any updates...

The game got put on hold for a bit... life, work, babies and attention getting in the way.

I eventually decided to spend 2 weeks making a quick and simple game (Escape Artist), which 8 weeks on, I'm still tinkering with. Should be finished in a fortnight.

Then I'm planning on jumping back on Dark Asylum.

The whole Dark Asylum game has been planned out, every single puzzle, storyline, the Dr. :)

Thanks for the interest, and I hope to make some real progress over the Summer.

3. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Cool. Glad to see its still being worked on. :)

4. bebo_beta2002

bebo_beta2002 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    it has been 2 months
    any news?

5. thethinice

thethinice Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    Just seen this thread and the game looks good so far!! I'll be keeping tabs on this!

6. draper3000

Mar 24, 2010
    Staines, UK,
    progress...

Yeah sorry guys... the game is still in the pipeline for getting finished...

Been working on promoting stormystudio.com as an app/game developer company for others to use our services...

But the game will hopefully kick started again soon. I want to make sure we allow enough time to do it as well as it could be and not be tempted to cut it down purely to get it out on the app store...

Check out www.stormystudio.com for a tiny bit more information on the project. Also one of the panning images on the first page of the site has a Dark Asylum "The Doctor is coming' graphic...

7. madam_octa

madam_octa Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2009
    Can't wait until you start working on the game again, games like this are rare on the app store. In the meantime, can you please share the name of the photographer you are collaborating with? I'm really into photographs of abandoned places, so I'd like to check his/her work :)

8. draper3000

Mar 24, 2010
    Staines, UK,
  9. bebo_beta2002

bebo_beta2002 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    woooooow
    image is awesooome

10. draper3000

Mar 24, 2010
    Staines, UK,
    Afternoon Horror Fans...

Quick Text Update:

- Still working on improving loading times between rooms from 5 seconds down to 1 or 2.

- Added 'Play alone in the dark with headphones' intro screen with children singing a nursery rhyme that moves around in stereo sound when wearing headphones.

- In App Purchase Option: I'm considering making a large first part of the game free to play then the rest of the game an in app purchase to get the full game. This way it completely stops piracy, and will get more people hooked on the game. What do you think?

- Fixed lots of little bugs, so all the current content is working perfectly.

- Loads of imagery to make still, but its looking good.

- As always I'm still pushing to keep it as scary as possible...

Cheers for looking...I'll post some updated images/videos soon.