iPad Dark Gate by Kemco / Kotobuki

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Vovin, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Travelman31

Travelman31 Member

May 26, 2016
    #161 Travelman31, May 28, 2016
    Last edited: May 28, 2016
    I beat the game today.

It is not a bad game. It took me a while to get the hang of this game and a while to beat it at 23 hours. As an advice to people who are new - do not be fooled by the brisk battles, you need to take your time and figure out what works for each area and especially each boss as small tweaks can yield huge results but just trying to simply run through this game without thinking will lead to many game over screens. There is strategy to the game for sure. Master the different resistances as soon as possible! They are incredibly helpful and make a boss battle that seems impossible super easy.

The game does not lack balance, it lacks the foresight to tell impatient people to actually NOT barrel through the game. You can not just speed through this game.

One of the first things you need to look at is leveling up the caster classes (4 at first) than the sage classes than the emperor classes and keep all the resistance type abilities on all of your characters all the time, especially late game as enemies can mix and max elemental spells. These are absolute priority IMO Than the ability to equip different types of weapons. There is no real reward for totally diversifying really, resistance is key than you can chip away at worst. Look at page 12 as a hint to how to level up classes. I usually approached a boss and just put down my tablet and looked at and simply studied his moves the first battle, experimented a little but mostly watched, sometimes died and changed up the equipment and skills for the second battle and won with ease the 2nd time. As long as you have resistance and at least one person who can do elemental damage that the boss is weak against, you can slowly ware him down at the very least or even whoop him if you learned a lot in the first battle and changed accordingly. I found using back to back to back clay axe and ultra falcon swipe (wait for three red dots) to almost always work real well, plus, I think it was called aim or something with the bow.

By the way, the extra dungeons (for the four special classes) are not needed. I did one and found it boring...100 floors? And the game wants me to do that three more times? No thanks. I only did one as I said and I was ok.

But in the end, everyone will be a jack of all trades any way...

Nope. And not to sound rude, but just peoples inability to think outside the box, that ability has been disabled I think.

No, it is easy, actually.

What in the world? Absolutely NOT! 30 hours max. I have all the classes (well only one of the special classes) maxed out) and at level 85 at hour 23.

The guy who mentioned 12 hours is wrong too, I think that is impossible on a first run without first hand knowledge. This will take 20 to 30 hours for the newbie starting out.

2. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Ha, look... someone responded without reading past the first page... cool!

:rolleyes:

3. Travelman31

Travelman31 Member

May 26, 2016
    Hey look, someone can not tell I QUOTED from various pages meaning I did read past the first page...I read the entire topic. I was trying to help those who are new to the game. Take it easy. If you do not have something to add to what I said, than what is the point of even addressing my post which offers advice??