Universal Dark Meadow (by Phosphor Games Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by D3adly, Oct 5, 2011.

1. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yeah... I wouldn't be surprised...

I've been hanging out on FB quite a bit over the last week... and... well...

Let's just say this. I live in Kentuckiana. Yes - Southern Indiana, which people actually call 'Kentuckiana'. Over the last 10 years of living here, I have witnessed some INSANELY idiotic behavior. But I have been surprised over and over and over again by the amount of stupidity housed within people's brains while looking through Facebook posts.

So ^^^ this - does not surprise me anymore. In fact... it's on the 'typical' level of things.

Sad... but very true... and... ... ... just sad.

But; whatcha gunna dew? Austrailia duddn't get rain becuz when rain fallz from the top o da erf, da way itz shaped menz dat it goez into space long be4 it hitz the southern hemisphere. That's why they call the southern part of the world a DRY HEMISPHERE! And gamerz don't kno what real gamez are because only 1/6 of players ownz a 360, which means that only 1/6 of players know what real games are because those are the only games with good gfx....

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    To be fair if a game is hardly selling 2 years later I can see why they wouldnt bother with any of that. Shame they've dropped support which isnt good but upgrading for widescreen support is no point if again the game isnt selling.

We cant expect certain games (specially ones which dont sell anymore) to continue upgrading time and time again 2 years later. Is widescreen support going to equate to more sales ? Doubt it.

3. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Now... I know I might be in the minority here, and I'm not saying that Devs should support a game that's not selling anymore...

But...

I do go through my wishlist every now and again, and when I see a game I want, I say to myself "if this game supports the widescreen, I'm going to buy it" - ive bought about 30 games over the last month doing that...

I've also avoided about 50 games because they didnt support the 4 inch screen...

4. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    This should be your mantra syntheticvoid

5. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    If only it worked...

6. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Ii open 3 topic on phosphor games about being updated for iPhone 5 widescreen( I've an iPhone 5,but now there are also 5C,5S,and for update for iOS 7,actually HORN doesn't work with iOS 7,I e-mail them,but nothing,I'm a big fan of DARK MEADOW since the launch on app store,and I'm think that updating DM they can have new costumers,iPhone 5,5C,5S,but nothing,only I hope

7. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Me too,without any IAP,and i mean The last DARK MEADOW premium,i have all from The store,all,and The game it's not difficult,i play it 8 time,newgame+,and again,and again,i have so much money in game that i don't know to' do it..

8. demod1

demod1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Replaying this again and after all this time... Still love it!

9. Darksider7

Darksider7 New Member

Feb 23, 2016
    IT Tech
    Brookline, MA
    Dark Meadows: Forgotten

Though I don't play Dark Meadows very often, from the small core of times that I spent defeating demons it's awesome. I use the word "forgotten" very loosely, but word on this game has faded since it's welcome on the iOS platform. It's the kind of first-person shooter / horror which doesn't have many equals (well...at least I think so...). Yes, animators / dedicated indie gamers discover welcomed innovations to improve with future titles. Yet, well, so far anyway haven't come across any particular games that can even match Dark Meadows creepy atmosphere and disturbing high-level of gameplay.

10. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Lost Within comes close spooky wise but nothing aside from Infinity Blade (which inspired this games combat) matches this ones combat. Very good game though :) If I remember right what killed this one was the dev's not making enough off it as a premium so they went with a free to play version and that drew backlash from the premium crowd. Shame.

11. Maslan266

Maslan266 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2017
    The game needs iOS 11 support. Never played this, only grabbed my attention recently.

12. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    I have downloaded it on my old ipad 2 yesterday and it still works like a charm!