iPad Dark-Quest / Dark-Quest HD (by Brain Seal Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Vovin, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #21 Vovin, Apr 16, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2013

You have to command them every turn BEFORE you act with the Barbarian, acting with Mr Conan ends the turn. Your companions don't use up your turns. You don't spend turns for picking up stuff or searching through something. Just attacking / moving uses turns. Just click on a companion and order him to move somewhere or attack. I'd attack with the ranged guy/s first, then charge with the Dwarf and LAST with the Barbarian and attack. After that, it's bad guys turn.

Greyskull: don't worry, with a tiny little bit of tought, I had 60% turns left after first quest and over 50% adter second quest. It looks like it is giving you more than enough turns, but the fewer you use, maybe the score at level end is higher? It could be but I haven't looked at it closely yet.

2. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    We do have space hulk coming later in the year
    http://www.spacehulk-game.com/about.html

3. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
  4. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Thanks... It a bit like the watch list on here?

5. Smartbomb

Smartbomb Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Artist
    England
    So very proud of myself, I was fully aware there were two versions of this and still without thinking I clicked the link above and hit buy.

Just bought the HD version based on a quick go with the small device version, rather liking it, seems much more substantial than mighty dungeons at this point in time, good polish to it.

6. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    True! It's hard to keep track of all these games, though - Warhammer Quest from Rodeo Games, Space Hulk here, and the D&D game from PlayDek... It's looking like a great year :)

Thanks for the explanation, that's great - and smart! I'll try it our later on then.

...now I feel the mighty pressure of having made undeadcow purchase a game :p Hope my comments from my brief experience with it haven't misled you - let us know how you find the game!

As for the saving in the middle of the dungeons, or auto-saving, can anyone comment on it? Have you guys quit the game halfway through a dungeon and tried to go back?

Just wondering - I feel that an auto-save of sorts should be in place, and it might just be that it is a problem in the Android version.

If I find myself playing this a bit more I might just buy it on the iPad again later on.

Cheers!

7. AENIGMA

AENIGMA Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2011
    NY
    Anyone else having a problem getting the app to load? For me, it just stays on the loading screen for several seconds, then it crashes. I'm using an iPod 4G all up to date.

8. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Wow this looks very cool. I was a bit underwhelmed by Mighty Dungeons, but this looks like it might involve a bit more thought. Is the phone version easy enough to see everything or are details really small? Like how is text readability on the small screen?

9. Nachtfischer

Nachtfischer Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Game Designer
    Germany
    So, these don't effect gameplay all that much, do they? I'm a bit worried about replayability here as I read something like "7 adventures". That means 7 fixed dungeons and that's it? Or are they randomly generated allowing multiple playthroughs without just learning the structures?

10. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    I'd imagine these are fixed dungeons - or 7 adventures, each one with a set of dungeons.

I believe the enemies will show up in the same place for the time being.

So far they are not randomly generated.

@Artfoundry: I'm playing in my phone, though not an iPhone. It's not really small - you just have the screen more zoomed in here. Maybe someone with the iPhone version can actually confirm whether that's how it works there.

11. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    The same feelings. Dark quest is more complicated and deep.

12. Oscar Streaker

Oscar Streaker Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Look a lot like Mighty Dungeons :/

Hope it's a lot deeper than Mighty Dungeons. I quit playing MD the first day because there's no game there. Are there any real tactics or strategies in this?

13. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    #33 iPadisGreat, Apr 16, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
    Wow with so many positive comments, I am reversing my opinion.

Downloading...

Dark Quest HD (iPad version)
    Download size: 77MB
    Installed size: 126MB

As somebody else asked, it does not seem to auto save on multi tasking to another app. Upon return, even though uoon clicking "play game" and "continue" Dark Quest HD just dumps me back at the beginning of the current quest. This also happens if I click the pause icon and then the home icon and try to "play game" and "continue"...

EDIT: Playing on in the first mission, now it seems like the auto save works properly. Does it only work in certain parts of the dungeon?

Does the door opening sound effect sound like the door is moaning to anybody else?

14. Kraudi2k

Kraudi2k Well-Known Member

May 24, 2012
    Male
    Are the dungeons random generated? Replayable?

15. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    I'd like to add this game is very similar to Rune Raiders, another board strategy, but less linear maybe, so if you liked the Raiders, then you'll love Dark-quest.

16. Bowflexman

Bowflexman Well-Known Member

May 9, 2011
    This game is incredible. I actually enjoy Mighty Dungeons for the old school feel, but this game is much better. It is far more strategic and just captures that old school dungeon crawler/board game feel in a much more polished and fun way. Buy this game.

17. ZebraHouse

ZebraHouse Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    South Tyrol/Italy
    Looks great. I'll post a gameplay video soon

18. gabikun

gabikun Active Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Guys, you've convinced me to download the game... I was a bit concerned because it looks like mighty dungeons a lot (which I got bored quickly). How does it look in the Ipad?

19. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    This

20. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Answered previously, it's not such a big thread: no.