iPad Dark-Quest / Dark-Quest HD (by Brain Seal Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Vovin, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Wookiee

Wookiee New Member

Apr 17, 2013
    All of those are excellent. I've put at least 40 hours in to Hunters 2.

2. Deadline247

Deadline247 Member

Apr 17, 2013
    So I can run Real Racing 3 on my 4th Gen iPod Touch with zero problems but not this virtual board game. Makes sense.

3. squabs

squabs Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    I think EA have very deep pockets for software development, and due to rr3 being freemium it's in their interests to run on the cheapest devices on the market.

4. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Bought it since it means I don't have to break out my physical copy of Hero Quest when ever I want to play now! Thanks for te impressions guys! With this and Talisman coming out, my old school favorite boardgame hankering is almost complete (now if I can only get an iOS version of Twilight Struggle and some other 80's "designer" boardgames)!

5. starcat

starcat Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010
    really? am i the oNLY person who cant even play the game because it crashes on the loading screen?

6. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Try messing around with wifi and Game Center. Most times these issues are either related to need to connect to Game Center and stumbling along the way or by just turning off wifi. Though I am not experiencing the problem see if that helps. Also it would help to let the devs know what type device and iOS version you are running.

7. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Ditto. No crashes here either...

8. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    I presume you've tried shutting down your suspended apps and rebooted your device?

9. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    #69 Kotovsky, Apr 17, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
    Excuse me, what should i do to save during the mission and not to start it over and over?

I'm at 5 level, there are 7 overall. Maybe that's not far, but considering the lenght of the game it's more then half of it.

Believe me, i know what's tactics, but since all combat skills are luck-based my barbarian can loose 4 health on plain goblin.

10. Kotovsky

Aug 22, 2012
    #70 Kotovsky, Apr 17, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
    1.already reached, i'm at level 5. Like I said before, 2 items in smithy and 4 spells in magic shop. More to come at level 7?
    2. I'm okay with planning, but it doesn't help in this game. Blocking, magic resist, attack, cheat on death skills are luck-based. You can do nothing with it.
    5. Please make video of you rushing through prison level ) enemy mages will kill dwarf in 1-2-3.

There are few more issues:
    Party members loves to step on discovered but not disarmed traps. You can loose some turns to micro them.
    You can't transfer inventory items between party members.

11. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    I have a group of friends that does a drinking night every now and then and we still break out that Hero Quest box out.

12. starcat

Feb 7, 2010
    ipad g1, whatever the latest ios is. i tried everything and still crashes.

13. Deadline247

Deadline247 Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Apparently this game only works on the latest devices...which is a rather pathetic reflection on the developers.

14. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Lol or time to upgrade and stop whining. :p

15. Nachtfischer

Nachtfischer Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Game Designer
    Germany
    An iPod 4 isn't even that dated... my guess is, that an update will probably be addressing the issues soon.

16. Kotovsky

Aug 22, 2012
    I just have completed the game. So, 7 levels, 3 hours. Hope content updates will be out soon.

Also I accidentally deleted my final save (there was no confirm, just one click and bye).

17. stutz

stutz Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    I was a huge Heroquest fan when I was 10 (I even made it though Keller's Keep) and I have to say that this game definitely captures the spirit of the board game. I love the limited turns, which places a lot more focus on positioning of your heroes which was a big part of Heroquest play. The art style is perfect. If the developer is on these forums, one suggestion I have is for animated dice. How amazing would it be to have dice (similar to the swords and shields on heroquest dice) rolled on screen with the accompanying dice rolling sounds? I feel like that is the only thing missing in this game otherwise great work.

18. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    How long does something have to be out before its dated? I think I got my iPod4g in novemeber 2011 so near two and a half years ago, which in tech terms is ancient. :D

That's why I had to upgrade just before Christmas as there's to many games coming out lately that don't support the iPod4g.

19. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Oh my, that sucks that you deleted the final save :l Did you have a good time, at least?

I've played a bit more last night, and am enjoying it so far. I send out an email to the developer about the possibility of auto-saving after a turn in a dungeon, though, but never heard back from him, so let's see... I hope that there are more adventures in the pipeline - the game does feel a lot of fun so far.

The dice feature would be really cool, even if as an option, so that it doesn't annoy people who want a more streamlined version of the game.

Cheers,
    Paulo

20. starcat

Feb 7, 2010
    there is no mention of this game not working on the ipad 1. on the app store it says compatible with ipad i0s 5.0 or later.