Universal Darkness Rush: Saving Princess

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by goiMot, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^Well, you gave us a great game here. :)

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Same here, any news on when the update will be out ?

3. killsheep

killsheep Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2011
    We submited our new version yesterday, i think it will be available on appstore after 4 days.

There are many 1 star reviews at appstore now which are about crash bug on iPad1 & iPod touch 4 :(

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Thanks for letting me know. I havent reviewed this yet, you're aware of the issue (obviously wasnt intentional) and i hope the update fixes it so i can wait. Looking forward to trying this out (And please then work on your potential 'castlevania-esque' game !) !

5. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    We actually did point that out some posts back.

Some people dont really care that it can be fixed and just diss the game completely. But you cant really blame them since they paid for it.

I hope the update comes to the appstore soon so that those people hopefully post v1.0.1 reviews and end up being positive feedback.

6. killsheep

Jul 2, 2011
    We keep on repolishing this game first so that we will not disappoint people who buy this game. :D
    We will start our next project a 'castlevania-like' action game after our Chinese New Year holiday. :)

7. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Well said. Need to polish one game first before moving on to the next project...

Unless, you can afford extra manpower that can start with the planning stage of the next project. Im just saying. :D

8. lumothesinner

lumothesinner Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
    I'm really annoyed that this and star marine didn't get higher in the GOTW - i play this constantly but apparantly a tamagotchi and a game you play for 10 seconds at a time then wait hours for another go are better games...

This title deserves more press and isn't getting it, not only as its a good game, but as the dev has been so helpful and needs the support if they are going to make castlevania iOS in Unreal.

@killsheep Looking forward to the updates on this, would love to see how you can make this game better when its already the best runner in my opinion.

9. KushyKush

KushyKush Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I have to agree. This is the best endless runner I've ever played on iOS and I've played all of the popular ones. Literally all of them.

This makes them all look like a joke. The double/triple jump and attack on their own make it better than anything else. Then you add different forms you can transform into, items for an RPG-like aspect and you have a winner.

My only complaint is too little gold but I think I can handle that. It would be cool to have more environments but there are no bugs that make it unplayable or anything like that.

I'll say this much for sure: if you release another game in the future at this price point built on Unreal I'll buy it instantly just to support your continued endeavors. I might be buying the girl just to help support you guys but I have a moral opposition to buying IAP gold ;)

Thanks for staying active in TA, it's the thing that made me buy this game to begin with. Any dev that is active in communities and obviously cares about their product gets a buy from me. The fact that it's a kick ass game that I'll keep on my phone despite the large size is just icing on the cake!

10. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    D@mn, I forgot to even vote for the GOTW last week. My vote would have easily been for Star Marine. This game is pretty friggin' phenomenal as well.

**Just checked the GOTW and vote. I'm not surprised or anything.

11. KushyKush

KushyKush Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    Los Angeles
    By the way I just read your guys' comments re: the fireball sound on the previous page and I agree 100%

First of all it's annoying as hell, secondly it kills the immersion and thirdly it lasts way too long.

Please fix that in the next update!

12. killsheep

Jul 2, 2011
    I will make it shorter than before.
    we will replace it while we find any appropriate sound.

13. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Probably an initial siren sound, followed by fire whooshing sound.

14. MJY8

MJY8 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2011
  15. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^What software/app do you use to record?

16. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I have another suggestion that could drastically improve multiplayer... But im not sure how it would be implemented.

It would be great if, in multiplayer, you could "influence" your enemy's runs. Like, powerups that could slow them down, or one that could increase their gravity, or one that will not allow them to fly temporarily... Things like that.

What do you think Killsheep?

17. lumothesinner

lumothesinner Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
    I like it! Kind of mario kart vibe in MP would be awesome powerups to not only make you better, but slow your opponent.

Would make multiplayer vastly different from single player though...until you incorporate it as a singleplayer mode with AI...

OK now I'm just asking too much

18. killsheep

Jul 2, 2011
    Hi Exact-Psience, it is amazing!!!
    How do you know what we're woking on? :D
    It's a secret that we will release these features at v1.2 maybe. ;)

19. killsheep

Jul 2, 2011
    #279 killsheep, Jan 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
    Another secret is a new power-up 'Relive' is coming with the improvement "random environment" at version 1.1.
    Using 'Relive' to get a extra chance to continue running at the location you just died.

20. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Have the wait times for multiplayer improved at all? I have still yet to even play a multiplayer game. Always says the wait is aprox. 10 minutes.