Universal Darkness Rush: Saving Princess

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by goiMot, Jan 11, 2012.

1. killsheep

killsheep Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2011
    #281 killsheep, Jan 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
    Run a multiplayer by GameCenter's auto-match is a bit slow sometimes.
    And maybe there are not enough players to play our darkness rush now!(It seems that most people like cartoon games :().
    You can invite your friends at GameCenter to play together first.
    A good news is multiplayer game is improved at v1.0.1, and you will get it this week from appstore.

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    That's because there isnt enough players online yet. Once the next version comes out, it will fix many ipod user's crash problems there will have more user base, hopefully getting a higher chance of playing somebody online.

3. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Coz im psychic!

No, not really. Let's just say we both think only of good things to improve this game. :)

4. Skinypupy

Skinypupy Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2010
    Apologies if this has already been addressed, as I didn't look through all 28 pages.

Started playing this morning, and am really enjoying this game so far. It only took a few minutes to get to the first Rank (E), but now it doesn't appear that I'm receiving any EXP at all. The yellow EXP bar, which had previously been filling up after each run, now remains blank no matter what I do during the run.

Is this a bug, or is there a specific trick to gaining EXP?

5. killsheep

Jul 2, 2011
    You should complete a mission so that you can gain some exp;
    You can check all of your current missions at 'Mission panel of main UI' or at 'Pause menu'.

It is not a bug, just a UI animation, to represent your current EXP(from o to current value)

6. Skinypupy

Dec 20, 2010
    Thanks Killsheep. Wasn't aware that XP was tied to missions. Will pay more attention to those now.

7. lumothesinner

lumothesinner Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
    Yeh I got confused also, the exp looks like its going up after a run...its not
    You only gain exp from completing missions like killsheep said

8. Skinypupy

Dec 20, 2010
    What on earth are "jump up items"? One of the missions says I have to collect 3 of them, but I have yet to figure out what the world they are. I've collected everything I've seen (coins, boots, gems, potions, floating question marks), but nothing seems to count towards this mission. What am I looking for?

One suggestion I would have is to put some of the easier to achieve missions first so people actually get a sense that they are progressing as opposed to having to grind and grind (or IAP) to accomplish one of the very first objectives (i.e. buy a suit of armor). Look to Jetpack Joyride as a perfect example of this, as they started out with easy missions while you get used to the gameplay, then made them progressively more difficult.

And I'm sure it's been mentioned, but that alarm noise for the fireball is really obnoxious.

9. killsheep

Jul 2, 2011
    #289 killsheep, Jan 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
    We use the word "jump-up" to describe a item that can make you jumping higher when you touch it at scene. It looks like a wing.
    Maybe "Jump-Booster" is a better word?

The purpose of that mission(buy a suit of armor) is not just tempted you to do IAPs.
    We only want to tell you that there is a store in Darkness Rush, and there are many armors can help you to run farther, to make you look different.

It has been mentioned before, and we are looking for a better sound.

10. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I was thinking JUMP+ can be an easier name for it, but JUMP BOOST is fine. Thing is about this power up is that it is so rare. I completed this mission by always getting the RANDOM POWERUP (the question mark) right near the end of the first LAVA area.

I think the best way to give them this mission is after they have played more games, when they can afford to buy it.

My reason behind this is that it may not be something I want to buy YET because it is kinda difficult to get your first 6000-ish coins in this game. Some players get turned off when they see something that's inaccessible or impossible to complete where they are currently at in the game. With this in mind, most players will only think it's more of a "gimmick" to let one pay for IAP.

Also, until now, i dont know which one of those in the store is the "armor"

Thanks for giving attention to all our comments and suggestions.

Darkness Rush has some great potential, but with it comes bigger improvements since the decision to use the unreal engine definitely screams "this isnt a casual game" :)

11. Skinypupy

Dec 20, 2010
    Thanks for clarifying. Seems odd to me that you chose to make a required item for one of the initial quests so difficult to come by. In my 75+ runs, I've only come across one of these "jump up" items once, and I grab the random question mark item nearly every time. Increasing the rate which it spawns would be helpful.

12. killsheep

Jul 2, 2011
    Thanks for your advice, we will place more jump-up items to help player to complete this mission.

13. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    what about "Jump+" ?

14. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    LOL.... i got you ninja'd!
    That was my suggestion in my last post. :D

15. Sphinx54

Sphinx54 Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Just a few impressions after playing the game for a few hours :).

The art and graphics are really great. Best looking endless runner on the app store IMO.

I'm enjoying the transform mechanic and the fact that all characters have their advantages and disadvantages to weigh up. I do notice a slowdown in frame rate occasionally however, even on my iPad 2.

I also like the customisation and alternate costumes that are available and that they actually influence gameplay and not just cosmetics. Would be nice if Helena had an alternative costume though.

Overall a fun refreshing game though, keep up the good work!

16. killsheep

Jul 2, 2011
    I really want to design an alternative costume for Helena. :)
    But there are many works for an alternative costume: :eek:
    (1)Need a nice character concept;
    (2)New 3D character meshes;
    (3)New Animation, as you know, different costumes can't share animations.

Maybe we will give her an alternative costume at later version.

17. killsheep

Jul 2, 2011
  18. nonexist

nonexist Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Male
    USA
    Excelente news! downloading now :)

19. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    oh noes... im at my girlfriends dad's Hometel and the internet here sucks. I hope i can complete the d/l. :(

20. lumothesinner

lumothesinner Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
    Definitely seems harder now, have not made it past 3500 on new update as i quickly end up with 5 fireballs at different heights to dodge, and i think you speed up a lot faster as well. As for gold, not making as much because i cant get as far, but still getting a reasonable amount after each run.

Lost 2 matches in multiplayer due to lag over wifi so wouldnt say thats working perfect yet, but seemed better than when i last tried it.

Performance seems good but always was on 4s, possibly a little less slow down. Hope its fixed issues for 4th gen touch users.