Universal Darkness Rush: Saving Princess

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by goiMot, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Has anyone completed "Owning 1 Armor Suit" mission? I still dont understand what im supposed to do to complete this one. Does it mean owning a full set (cowboy set, noble set, robinhood set, etc?)

2. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Bumpasaurus rex.

Owning 1 Armor Suit? Anyone?

3. lumothesinner

lumothesinner Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
    Doesn't really help you...but I thought it was going to be buy an armor, so couldn't be bothered to wait and paid to pass the mission. Currently saving for owning 2 armor suit mission but if you say that it cant be passed by buying the armor, just going to buy past it again.

4. Neehan

Neehan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Add me on gamecenter if you want to play a game. I've been dying to try multiplayer. Be sure to say your from TA.

5. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Been trying to play online... Couldnt find anyone to play it with.

Still, one of the best runners i have played.

6. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Good game. Runs smoothly, and I was doing fine until I tried to purchase the Helena character. It won't let me, tried a bunch of times, then the game crashes. Anyone else run into this?

7. killsheep

killsheep Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2011
    I never heard this bug before, which iDevice do you have? (iPod touch, iPhone or iPad):eek:

8. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    You guys thinking of changing this part up a bit?

Right now i can never get past the bridge. Not since I got v1.0.1.

9. SuperWeird

SuperWeird Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2010
    The screen shots of this game do not do it justice, this is a seriously awesome endless runner. It's like if Altered Beast were an endless runner or something. The girl character is my favorite, she flies as an angel. Graphics, music, atmosphere are all great. Can't stop playing this one, it's very good!

The only real criticism I have is with the multiplayer mode. I don't understand why we can't transform into our animal forms in this mode? That's the best part of the game! It should definitely be available in multiplayer too. Also, instead of running a race from beginning to end, it would be better if we raced endlessly until one of us died. Multiplayer should be more like single player mode but with 2+ people. Also there's several obvious grammatical errors in this game that could be fixed...

Regardless, this game is excellent!

10. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    With that kind of rules, speed+ items become useless. You get hit less when you're slow, because you can react through stuff easier.

What's awesome with the current multiplayer is the balance in your playstyle. Some may want a faster character to outrun the other players, or some may approach the safer, slower way, avoiding more obstacles than the other players. Gives it a sense of strategy if you look at it.

But yeah, this is definitely one of the best Endless Runners right now.

11. killsheep

Jul 2, 2011
    I am glad you like this game, and we will do our best to make more people like darkness rush(Only few people bought it at present), I am considering the reasons.
    Anyone here, who can tell me why do you not want to buy it when you see it at iTunes first time?

We maybe need to do some advertising, What website you frequently visit to look for new ios games?

We will fix those errors at v1.1

12. lumothesinner

lumothesinner Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
    I would say the main thing you need is more reviews. Only site I have seen to review it is here at TA. Pocket gamer posted a video (which I commented on asking for a review) but no review yet. Not seen anything at slide to play, appspy, touch gen or any other. Might be worth e-mailing those sites asking for a review, possibly with a promo code. It should review well especially as the 4th gen issues have been fixed.

I cant recommend the game enough, easily the best runner on the iphone (even though its damn hard since update), but theres nowhere to comment how great it is except here, needs other sites to review it.

13. killsheep

Jul 2, 2011
    I have sent emails to TA, 148Apps, Pocket gamer, slide to play... to request reviews for darkness rush at v1.0. But only TA really review it.
    I will resend my request again. :)

14. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    As Lumo mentioned, give them promo codes so you can be sure they have the game. Appspy has good followers. Crazy Mike's Apps is also a good choice for a review.

15. SuperWeird

SuperWeird Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2010

I think it would help if you provided better screen shots. I almost passed on this game because I couldn't quickly figure out what was going on with it by looking at the screen shots. I only bought it by chance in the middle of the night while aimlessly searching the app store and decided to give it a try since it was only 99 cents (and I had heard of it on TA). It wasn't until I played it that I realized how amazing it was.

The only 2 in-game screen shots you provide show a dashing image that looks like a colored blur, and then a split-screen 3 panel shot, which makes it too hard to see. If you just had individual screen shots of just how beautiful the game is, instead of trying to show them all in one panel, it would be much more appealing. The other screen shots of upgrades and whatever don't do anything to grab my attention - I always look for clear big gameplay photos first. Better screen shots - with a loud written emphasis on endless running and transforming into beasts - would communicate the gameplay better.

16. freestyle

freestyle Well-Known Member

May 4, 2011
    Make it free for 24 hours or few days, may be helped.

Like Temple Run, Run Like Hell!, and Zombie Parkour Runner, they become free forever or on sale after several months, always attracts many new users.

To running games, a large population is the point, most users are light users, they dont have much playing time and dont care of spend money buying iaps of free games they like.

Though there are some hard core players dont need iaps, their detailed reviews are better advertisements, that wont hurt.

17. killsheep

Jul 2, 2011
    This is the last method. We will try it later.

18. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    Ok so I've been having fun but i have 3 problems with this game...

1. I can't buy Helena
    2. I can never find an opponent to play online
    3. Backing out from MP freezes the game and I have to completely shut off the app and reload it.

19. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Honestly, there were two things stopping me: First, the screenshots did not sell the game for me too well, I had a hard time telling exactly what was going on in the screenshots.

Second, the file size was quite big for an endless runner. For someone like myself who has a large collection of games, I'm always having to delete games to make room for new ones.

That being said, I just bought the game and am enjoying it. I will be sure to leave a good review for the game on the itunes store.

20. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The screenshots and the description. There's only one screenshot that shows the gameplay, but in this screenshot there are a lot of elements. You can't see how the game looks or whatever. And about the description: the description is not written in my language (not very important), and you didn't talk about the gameplay. Only the multiplayer, the graphics and the customization were mentioned in the characteristis, and the gameplay is VERY important, because there a LOT of endless runner games in the AppStore.

I haven't had any problems buying Helena. Are you sure that you were online? Or maybe you have the IAP disabled in the Settings app. I can't help you with the other problems because I haven't played multiplayer, only Single Game.