Universal Dead Ahead (by Mobirate Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, May 22, 2013.

1. MJY8

MJY8 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2011
  2. Kribo

Kribo Active Member

Jun 14, 2013
    Umeå, Sweden
    I got 200 at around 5500 m on the third level using the assault rifle and the second chance bonus. I really tried to run over as many as I could.

I killed the four bosses on the first level, same equipment.

3. Zerol3onheart

Zerol3onheart Active Member

Dec 7, 2012
    Agreed. It crashes on iOS beta 2 on iPad, unless I put the iPad in Airplane mode. Then it just crashes when you finish a game and try to go to the garage.

4. DigY

DigY Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    It is because Game Center is crashing in iOS 7 Beta

5. Jet_Black

Jet_Black Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Update anytime soon? I've not played this for weeks now...

6. Kribo

Kribo Active Member

Jun 14, 2013
    Umeå, Sweden
    Hey, DigY, you said "very soon" in june. Now it's september. :(

7. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    Don't hold your breath.

Very Soons tend to be promised when the game is at its peak. Sometimes it's sincere, other times its a marketing ploy to get you to hold on to the game once the glimmer has worn off.

For one reason or another, being that they have moved onto another project, or the game hasn't generated revenue significant enough to warrant their time, some games are just dropped.

I have many "coming soon" updates on games with their anniversary of that promise coming up. :)

8. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I'm sure they made a ton of money with it and they are waiting iOS7 to be available to all and then make an update with lots of new stuff for us to enjoy :D

9. Eoghann

May 29, 2012
    New York
    Or that. :)

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I love the positiveness in this post. Breaks the tension that is 2013 Infected Wars. LOL

11. Jet_Black

Jet_Black Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Would be nice for the dev to drop by at least... Even if it is to put us out our misery & say "sorry, no more updates". :(

12. Dan@Chillingo

Dan@Chillingo Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2012
    Oh it's coming. Don't you worry. It's not gonna be this week but it's coming. :)

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    What happens in vagueness, stays in vagueness. :D

14. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    Have some pride ep

15. Joltrabbit

Joltrabbit Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Not working on my 4s after the iOS 7 update.

Crashes after the second developer/producer splash screen.

I'm afraid to delete it as I'm level 9 and just earned a new hog and grenade launcher.

16. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    So, iOS7 is out...

17. Eoghann

May 29, 2012
    New York
    Brand new iPad air. Dead ahead crashing. I deleted it and reinstalled it, no good. Hope the update comes with iCloud so I can recover the save. It's still good on my iPhone but it's deleted from my iPad.

18. Pixel_Gamer

Pixel_Gamer Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    iOS7 support update is out. There's a couple of new features as well according to the changelog.

19. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Yes! Amazing news, can play this amazing runner once again. Freemium done right.

20. OmiOne

OmiOne Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Just played with the new update. Lots of changes.

Added:
    2 new weapons: Nailgun (6k to buy), Railgun (230k to buy)
    1 new vehicle(sort of): Double Trouble (The Twins) (USD 2.99 to buy or kill x of a new soldier mob to unlock)
    1 new location: Slums (500k to buy or kill x of a new chef mob to unlock)
    New ranks up to rank 20 but they seem to take your previous progress into account for the objectives(?). Last rank might be buggy because it recorded that I had made 7 kills wih a railgun when I hadn't even bought it yet.

Changes:
    - All weapons are upgradeable from normal to advanced to super, like the vehicles, except for Betty and Vera. (Suspect Double Trouble won't be upgradeable either.)
    - Perks are now purchased at the beginning of the stage for 1k each and there are three new perks (Flame Bullets, Double Damage, Extra Bonuses)
    - Replaced Second Try perk with unlimited(?) stage continues but they cost coins depending on how far you've progressed. The further you've gone, the more expensive the continue.
    - You're notified in the stage of progress in objectives like Double Kill so you can tell how close you are to finishing it.
    - Stage layouts have changed significantly

Only played with Combat Shotgun, Heavy Pistol and Betty Boomer but I did notice that Betty Boomer has been seriously nerfed. She no longer clears the screen behind her with each shot. Now she only hits a few around each crater area. Area seems to pop randomly - she's unable to clear mobs directly behind her sometimes (like banshees >.<) and takes a lot longer to kill first superboss. :( Getting far in Nightmare is going to be pretty difficult now. Hope the new super version weapons will be better. Combat shotgun seems to have better spread than Betty now. Cleared 200 Double Kills objective finally. :) Progress indicator very helpful.