Dead Effect - new sci-fi FPS [Universal]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Hochy, May 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Waaaaaaaa!!!! This is too much for my innocent eyes :'( I need to be purified..

2. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Now that's a zombie game icon!

First you demanded green blood in the 2013IW thread, and now this. I take it you have been half-joking all along, but it's starting to be somewhat annoying you know. Btw in case you really can't tolerate this kind of graphics, might as well find some other genres to play. Platformer, runner, physics puzzle, rpg... those might suit you better.

3. Hochy

Hochy Active Member

Mar 13, 2013
    Apologies purgatory and paradise

Hi guys,
    Sorry for delay with answers.
    As you probably noticed, we decided to publish game side by side with BulkyPix.
    We were asked to stop feed this thread when we signed contract. BTW. I was carefully checking every post in this thread since then.
    But now, when game was officially announced by Bulkpypix at Gamescom, we are ready to share news with you.
    If you are worry about Dead Effect, because of BulkyPix...there is no reason for that.
    We made fine deal with BulkyPix, and everything is same as if we publish it ourselves.

Small solid game, made by super small team in very short time.
    Hell, I am not big fan of FPS (old school gamer here), but I played Dead Effect really a lot past weeks and I can tell you something. I enjoyed it...a lot!
    I don't know, but I really appreciate controls (you can position them as you want), so when I am playing on iPhone 4S for hours.... my thumbs are in good shape after all.
    And even in comparison with games like Modern combat 4, I am pretty happy with our touchscreen controls (Ok, I love our controls. :) ). Heh, and we are also prepared for upcoming Apple physical controllers support in iOS7.
    So if you love pure action FPS, reminds me old FPS games, I think you will be fully satisfied.

Premium price, no IAP, no PopUp behind every corner, no Ads crap etc.

Just simply GAME! You pay...you play. Wait I meant eeee...you pay just once and you play as you want. :)
    Dead Efect is done for some time now, but we set release date with publisher on September.
    I am not sure, if I can tell you exact date, not only because it wasn't announced, but because of submission process (You know all these evil stories about submission process? They are real! Just kidding.).

Anyway, if you are really interested in Dead Effect, watch this thread pretty carefully next week.
    And if you will see me paraphrasing some weird text here, of one of my favorite bands/album...DEAD EFFECT is out!

Don't forget and support us. How? When you will enjoy our game, tell the others that our game exists...thats it!

thx guys for your comments here. Especially you sicksilvo (btw. where did you get this: "Silly humans and you're 4 dimensions. WE have 7...hundred thousandths!!!". Good one.) !

Stay tuned!

4. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Man this looks ace! Looks like we have some solid carnage to look forward to this month

5. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    #85 sicksilvo, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
    Hi Hochy :)

Glad to see you active again.
    No need to thank me, but I do appreciate it :) or to apologize, since Bulkypix made that decision.

I have few questions: There is a boss fight waiting us at the end of every chapter - so how many chapters there is? I understand you are a small studio.

Are you from Germany & InDev Brain is name of your studio? - I ask because Wagner is a german name and TotenTanz is Dance of the dead or Dead Dance depending in which form it's used. If you are, than I'll be playing it along side this song or any Rammstein album :D

I don't know how long game was in production, but it looks good and pretty polished.
    My guess is 5 months because you say it was rushed.
    I like how red (blood) & blue (interior/lightning) are complimenting each other so to speak.

September 12th was release date in description of official trailer but Bulkypix changed it same day it was posted.

About my signature: I came up with it 6-7 years ago ,it's basically lovechild of beer & years of sci-fi. Thank you :)

6. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    #86 Gov, Sep 4, 2013
    My problem is the 2nd & 5th screenshot in this thread. It's too graphic! this site is for all ages to view... Right? So say little jimmy opens this thread.. It would be too traumatic for him!

So in an ideal world.. The poster designer should have more decency, and revealed just a logo of the games name.. Plus name.. And maybe a shadow of a zombie (without the missing limbs and horrific blood!!!)

Or even better, green blood (universally accepted)

7. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Poor lil' Jimmy. :(
    Guess "DEAD" Effect should speak for itself.

8. Hochy

Hochy Active Member

Mar 13, 2013
    #88 Hochy, Sep 4, 2013
    Hey sicksilvo,

"There is a boss fight waiting us at the end of every chapter - so how many chapters there is? I understand you are a small studio."

It is slightly more straight.
    Game contains 12 levels in story mode (two to three hours short gameplay). It is not divided into the chapters, but there are three parts of the game, which are visually slightly different. And it is combined so it is not same all the time. And this counts also for enemies. It is not that you run to the end of the level, followed by boss fight and you are doing same all the time. Its more like, you will explore new things level by level. Yes, there are boss fights, but I rather call it "shooting different zombies".
    It is FPS after all.
    But all small game mechanics are well combined so you will discover them during play and in combination with weapon upgrades....it is mixed pretty well. CEO/Project Lead/Designer (yes he is one guy and he is pretty experienced) did pretty good job on Dead Effect in that case. Still don't expect AAA title...you won't be disappointed! :)

"Are you from Germany & InDev Brain is name of your studio? - I ask because Wagner is a german name and TotenTanz is Dance of the dead or Dead Dance depending in which form it's used. If you are, than I'll be playing it along side this song or any Rammstein album "

No we are from Czech Republic (next to Germany).
    InDev Brain is not studio(yet) and definitely is not mine. InDev Brain is our sign (sure, you can call us studio, if you wish), but we are bunch of Independent Developer. Ten guys, but only two of us worked fulltime. All of us worked in Game Industry for many years.
    Yes, TotenTanz is definitely that picture called by our character artist. But, its rather "Dance of dead" by Iron maiden as I know him. :)
    Some of us give such an easter eggs into the Dead Effect. From my point of perspective, there are some funny things, not intended as funny. :)
    But I am OK with almost everything in Dead Effect, as game rise up as absolutely spontaneous thing.
    Sure Rammstein will be good choice for playing Dead Effect alongside. :)

"I like how red (blood) & blue (interior/lightning) are complimenting each other so to speak."
    THX, but we failed in many parts, but I hope it is still consistent in the most of the game. We had fight here with CEO on few fronts....and if you don't like some parts in the game....its definitely his fault. Just kidding, except blood hits. :) :) :)

"September 12th was release date in description of official trailer but Bulkypix changed it same day it was posted."
    As I said, it depends more on Apple approval process than anything else. Hell, you are pretty observant.

Thx buddy for your interest.

9. sicksilvo

Jul 4, 2012
    Thank you for fast reply and all of the info. You are being very honest, kudos for that.

2-3h of gameplay in story mode is perfect for me personaly as I am going back to PC gaming next month.

I've asked about chapters because of this video, I like your answer better.

Many of my friends are Czechs :) Also CD Projekt RED is my favorite game studio.

I like supporting indie devs, they are saving gaming industry in my opinion with fresh ideas. Doing more with less.

That's it from me until I get the game, I'll leave review in AppStore after completing it.

Have a nice day

10. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Do you guys have any plam for multiplayer? Or this game focuses strickly on campaign?

11. DarkPhoenix

DarkPhoenix Active Member

May 15, 2013
  12. sicksilvo

Jul 4, 2012
  13. DarkPhoenix

DarkPhoenix Active Member

May 15, 2013
    I want to see how fast this going on my iPad :)

14. sicksilvo

Jul 4, 2012
    #94 sicksilvo, Sep 5, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  15. Mysticpete

Mysticpete Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Ipod touch 4G compatible?

Looks very good..zombies look great..really hope it can play on ipod 4G..i would def. pay 4 bucks for it then :)

16. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    file size?

what's the file size please ?

17. anteye5

anteye5 Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Hey will there be any form of close combat such as hitting with the gun or with fists because I love to have a purpose in getting close to enemies and I hate running away.

18. Mysticpete

Mysticpete Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    like the idea- would be good as you dont have to waste so much ammo all the time
    But i really hope it plays on my ipod 4g even if the framerate isnt top notch

19. anteye5

anteye5 Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Yeah I agree on that point without iPod 4g support my requests wouldn't help me.

20. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Guys, will this game support the 4G iPod. I probably already know the answer, lol. I feel like throwing the ipod in the garbage right now. All these great games and my 4G feels like an Atari 2600.

Priority number 1. Get a new device.