iPad DEAD RISING MOBILE - by Capcom [$0.99] (v2.0 - New Area, Vehicle)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 8, 2010.

1. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    #21 ColeDaddy, Dec 8, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
    The vid showing the clunky movements pushing around the empty shopping cart being such a chore versus lifting the bench and wailing away as it if it were a Popsicle stick seemed out of place enough to give me pause to wait and see for more reviews to come in. While I may opt not to use the cart at all if I had the game, it makes me wonder what other gameplay aspects seem adversely contradictory.

Then again, I could be a bit hesitant given that a ton of great-looking games (this one included) are being released today and tomorrow and I have to whittle down my choices as to which will be "instabuys" and which will be the "wait and sees".

2. silentcorp

silentcorp Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    The Xbox360/PC versions of the game are "clunky" as well. That all looks par-for-course for the series.

I just want to know what the missions play out as, and of course the following:

Are there survivors to save?
    Can you dress up in different outfits?
    Guns?
    Time restraints on missions?
    Amazing easter eggs ala Mega Man?

3. g-unit-14

g-unit-14 Well-Known Member

May 11, 2010
    is this worth i dont like the movement its like ROBOT!

4. Mr. Mingo

Mr. Mingo Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2010
    I though I remember hearing that this was also coming to the iPad but so far I haven't heard any mention of it. Does anyone know if there is still plans for that?

5. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Lol.
    Graphics look exactly the same as RE4 Mobile and RE: Regeneration, but here we are again with the unnecessary iOS and model requirements. :rolleyes:
    Good thing I've got an iPad, because I'm sure they're going to make games like Pac-man incompatible with older devices in the future.

6. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    This is a piece of shit. Dont buy it untill they fix the damn controls, the graphical glitches, the shitty animations, the movements and physics of certain weapons (i.e lawnmower vs. bench, like an above post mentioned). Come on capcom, you are a higly regarded game creator and this is the shit you produce? im dissapointed

7. silentcorp

silentcorp Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    I've seen this sentiment around the forums a lot lately, I just don't get it. Do you have personal experience coding engines for gaming? Optimizing them? You do realize a poor developer can make a great engine run like poop right? 2D games can take a lot of horsepower depending on the engine, the effects, the models and the optimization of the code.

Not to mention newer games will take advantage of the newest feature sets included in the newest hardware. Quit crying about it and upgrade your hardware like the rest of the world!!! :)

This is in response to Chopins post, not the one above.

8. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    So are you:
    a) relying on the video for your impressions, or
    b) playing a pirated copy?

Either way, pretty sad.

9. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Now that I think about it, I suppose there could be an option C: Has a NZ account.

I certainly hope this is the case. If it is, however, it would be nice to have slightly more constructive criticism than "this game is shit".

10. MICHAELSD

MICHAELSD Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Too bad the game still looks pretty mediocre. But wow, Dead Rising and Infinity Blade on the same day!

11. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Well at first I was disappointed to find that I can't run this game (requires iOS 4.1), but now it looks like I'm not missing much anyway. Thanks for the impressions.

12. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

I guess my big thing is - is it fun?

I can over look it's limitations if it's genuinely fun to play. I remember just roaming around the mall in the console version just because it was fun to do.

Somehow, I don't think I'm going to find the answer I want, but there's always hope.

13. iphoneprogrammer

Mar 26, 2009
    London, UK
    It's fun in the sense of going around killing zombies, but like i stated above, the crappy controls, animations, and just "un-polishedness" ruin it. I stopped playing after 5 mins. Not playing it again until there is an update addressing all of those concerns.

14. Ddyracer123

Ddyracer123 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Well, this convinced me to buy it later today.

15. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

Thanks iphoneprogrammer & ddyracer123. I'm torn between the impressions and may just have to cave in and see for myself. I guess it's all a matter of taste when it comes to some games, and I've enjoyed a number of games that other people hated.

Thanks!

16. elimcfly

elimcfly Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Im having tons of fun. Never figured id be playing something like dawn of the dead in a 3D way on my iPod. A few bugs with text, but nothing that doesn't make the game any less fun. I'd Definatley recommend it.

17. iphoneprogrammer

Mar 26, 2009
    London, UK
    I have a NZ account, so tread lightly. I am not a fan of the shoddy controls and animations, I expected more from CapCom.

18. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yeah guys, stop judging the game before you play it!

My copy is almost downloaded :)

Edit: plus it's only $5

19. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    I don't care what you guys think, but I am having a TON on fun!

Really, the controls are only a tad more clunky than DR on my Xbox, and it has just been ported quite well.