iPad DEAD RISING MOBILE - by Capcom [$0.99] (v2.0 - New Area, Vehicle)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 8, 2010.

1. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    You can always kill zombies. You don't have to do a mission necessarily.

2. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Just picked this up and am having so much fun with it. The wide variety of weapons is amazing and I love the lawn mower!
    Controls don't seem too bad, a litttle fiddley but I've only played for half an hour and am coping okay.

Zombies die fairly easily, but to me that's good because I want a casual game where I can just take out anger by killing zombies with all the gore!
    And seeing as there's 20 odd zombies at a time it's just as well they die quick!

World seems massive which is good. Lots of fun missions is cool, too.

3. jjjmedia

jjjmedia Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    How's the fun factor and replayability? And how long is the actual campaign? I'm actually thinking about picking this up now...

4. LawLessLove

LawLessLove Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I only have $2 on my account until Tuesday. Should I buy this or see if there is a better sale during the weekend?

5. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Just impulse bought... why must I have this curse?

6. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    I don't know how long the campaign is, since I haven't finished it. I can tell you it's hours long though. Replayability is pretty high since there are a bunch of achievements and a new character to play through the campaign with. I bought at full price with no regrets, at this price, warts and all, it's a no brainer IMO.

7. LawLessLove

Nov 18, 2010
    I hope the sale lasts till Tuesday.

8. thethinice

thethinice Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    So is this worth getting?? Anyone? How many different types of weapons are there.

9. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    my opinion:

like you i was skeptical, but i decided to take the plunge in the hope of getting $2 worth of zombie killing. What i got was the game that Dead Strike was supposed to be. So many weapons, including a chainsaw, guns, and even a lawnmower (i will not tell you the coolest weapon). There are many missions, and it is fun to go around and massacre zombies.

my only problem is the rescue part if you die, because if you want to continue you must be saved by someone else

(i think we should start a TA thread, and anytime someone dies, they can be saved)

in a short sentence: this game is worth it for $2

10. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Curiosity got the better of me and I ended up grabbing it as well, and you are completely right that this is what I was hoping for from Dead Strike. It's not an amazing game but it seems to do a good job of entertaining me. I also second the rescue thread idea. Or maybe even a group.

11. Jongjungbu

Jongjungbu Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    I agree with this and the post before. Don't think I could have said it better myself. Definitely worth the $2.

12. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    BTW, as long as you periodically save in the safe rooms, you can continue after you die. You'll lose your PP and items, but you aren't starting from the beginning.

13. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Finally picked this up yesterday. My first thought when I fired it up was: what a sloppy mess!. Half-an-hour later I was thinking why am I still playing this? Not a game I would recommend, but one that I intend to keep playing for a while. At 1.99 I certainly don't regret getting it.

14. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Oh, well that's good to know.

Yeah, it has the ability to grab you, even as you struggle to put it down and pull you in...sort of like a...

15. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
  16. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    See, the difference with me is that I WOULD recommend it, as long as you have certain expectations. I think what finally clicked with me is that I'm having so much fun with it because it doesn't take itself seriously at all. It's not a horror game per se, it's a B movie version of a horror game. It's silly. It's sloppy. It's dumb. But most of all, it's fun.

17. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    That's fair enough. It's just tough for me to recommend a game that's so visually sloppy and with such awkward controls -- especially coming from Capcom. The basic mechanics are fun, though, and there's something addictive about wiping out zombies with melee weapons (the bat is awesome). I can easily see why some people hate the game, but I can also see what some like it.

18. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    With all the bad reviews I came in didn't excepting much, bbut it's actually pretty fun, if only they would update the controls for swipe camera instead. The variety of weapons is nice I I like the special attacks of some weapons. Like I found a bowling ball but the normal attack was just swinging it but then I discovered the second attack by accident and took out a good amount of zombies. There are a ton of flaws with this game but it is pretty fun.

19. thethinice

thethinice Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    How long is the game? And how good is the replay value?

20. LawLessLove

Nov 18, 2010
    What are the Rpg elements?