Dead Strike came back from the death. Updates: new levels, new survival mode, Co-op.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by tatoforever, Feb 19, 2010.

1. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    i agree that every level should be/look unique. like the first level could be as is, but maybe shorten it so people dont get detered early on. and maybe every 2 or 3 levels throw in a survival type thing.

what jesse said above is very good ideas to put in
    and for unique level settings you could make like in one of the levels your going from house to house (running through a neighbourhood) looking for weapons and ammo to bring back to the other survivours. do things like that

2. tatoforever

tatoforever Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    We got objectives and missions on the v1.3. Levels will be shorter too. Check out the first post for more info about the coming updates. :)
    Cheers,

3. Diggins

Diggins Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2009
    your attic
    uhhh you might wanna make it paid again soon otherwise by the time 1.3 comes out everyone will have downloaded it and it will have dropped, plus there will be a much smaller market to sell to

4. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    Yes, we gonna remove it soon from the free section, next Monday (once the v1.2.2 is out). :)
    Cheers,

5. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    Theirs 4 classes of zombies and 14 different models. Each zombie model can have any of three classes (normal,speed,strong). This is chose randomly.
    Classes types:
    Normal zombies, normal size, normal energy, normal speed, they inflict normal damage.
    Skinny zombies, the tallest one, they have low energy but they are fast, they do less damage than other zombies.
    Strong zombies, size between skinny and normal zombies, they are quite strong, inflict lot of damage but they are quite slow. They running animation is different from other zombies.
    Boss zombies: Quite big (8-9 foot), They run in a normal speed, his animations are different from all zombies and they do lots of damage. -35 each hit.
    Horde zombies Non stop groups of zombies, attacking for an X number of seconds. The horde attack time increase each level.

We also got objectives and missions on the v1.3. Levels will be shorter too. Check out the first post for more info about the coming updates.
    Cheers,

6. klempfner

klempfner New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Fps mode?

hey i remember before you said you'd stop producing the game (congradulations on getting back to it ^^) you promised us an FPS view option, It's the only feature you promised which i dont see on that list, (alot of people were asking for it too) I'm enjoying the currrent version and looking forwards to the updates, good luck :)

7. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

damnit... just when i deleted it :/

8. ahmed409

ahmed409 Member

Dec 22, 2009
    this game is great, but it needs to be more fluid, i mean. zombies can be chasing me but when they start hitting they are moving but not moving their feet. its an animation issue, and also some zombies are standing on others. the sounds of the zombies dont match, as in. its like a repeating track in the background. and not the zombies are saying them. also the places are too similar, would be nice if their were theme's. and also, a level progression thing, like it tells you how far/close you are to the goal.
    im looking forward to the updates, this games controls are great! almost orgasmic!
    good luck

9. Bok Choy

Bok Choy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Student
    Woaaah, amazing news! I can't wait for survival if it ever really happens. Really glad you guys got this game back into play.

10. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    Hello and tanks for your inputs.
    One thing through.
    Background sound.:
    iPhone and iPhone MP3 player engine do not support more than one background sound at the same time.
    Zombies moans, hits and die sounds are in fact 3D spatial sounds not background sounds. Each zombie manage its own moans, which means that they randomly choose the time to moan and duration. To get the best of this experience, play the game with headphones, you will notice the 3D spacial sounds.
    Animation blending:
    Is not a bug or glitch, is by design. For performance reasons, the only characters that blends different types of animations in real time is the main character. That's why you see times to times zombies sliding when hitting the player, cause they do not stop to hit, they will always run to you.
    On our next update, you will see lots of new objectives and missions. Using a secondary compass arrow. You will have different places to explore, indoor/outdoor.
    Version 1.4 will bring two new game modes, survival and co-op.
    Someone asked for the FPS view, yes is coming in the 1.5 version.

11. Bok Choy

Bok Choy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Student
    Will the FPS view be the only option? Or will we still be able to use the 3rd person view? Because personally I like 3rd better.

12. Ajg3

Ajg3 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2009
    Lala Land
    The levels are too repetitive

13. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    You will be able to switch of course. ^^

14. gatorsxrule

gatorsxrule Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    School
    Florida
    Thanks, can't wait for 1.5

15. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    Dead Strike v1.2.2 is out and is only 1$ for a limited time!
    Fixed several bugs: mist bug, characters invincibility bug, and other memory and speed related bugs.
    We also add more speed to characters and zombies, so you can complete level faster.
    Enjoy while we work on the 1.3, coming soon! ;)
    Cheers,

16. ahmed409

ahmed409 Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Your welcome, and i feel flattered :3
    this it the fist time a developer replied to me in full, thank you! :D
    anyway, seems that you guys are working hard on this, good luck. im really looking forward to the multitude of updates you guys have in-store, you guys are really pushing the limit for this game, its impressive! good luck. btw im really liking this game now. but i cant seem to kill that boss in level 3 i think, he shows up with a horde, i keep shooting his head buy it doesn't work! does he have a different weak point or is it just me?

17. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    #37 tatoforever, Feb 22, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
    Sure, we like to hear from all you. :)
    Yes, shoting in the head kill zombies faster (you wont blow his head up anyways) but you can take them almost twice faster.
    If you go in the oposite direction, you can find and the street crater, First Aid Kit and box of bullets.
    For the level 3 Boss, i suggest you to fire him up while running with the Uzi.
    If you don't have the Uzi run as hell. ^^
    Cheers,

18. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    I forgot to mention that the speed update on characters will not take effect until you finish your current (continue) level or making a new game. This have to be done only once.
    Tanks :)

19. Zithorio

Zithorio Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Multiplayer first week of April?

Well it's the third week of April and there isn't multiplayer. What's going on?

20. syntory

syntory Active Member

Mar 15, 2010
    anyway, ive had this game sitting on the corner of my ipod pages and was only keeping it because of the multiplayer update i'm hoping that this game isn't dead again