Dead Strike came back from the death. Updates: new levels, new survival mode, Co-op.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by tatoforever, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Obscure

Obscure Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Australia
    Because it's Apple, they never make sense. 100% agree with you.

Can't wait for Forgotten Memories.

2. Zithorio

Zithorio Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Ya FM looks soooo sick!

Any idea when multiplayer and/or forgotten memories will come out, considering this newly found problematic liability?

3. Obscure

Obscure Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Australia
    Any news?

4. Zithorio

Zithorio Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Waiting eagerly for news on the apocalypse...

5. Zithorio

Zithorio Member

Apr 17, 2010
    28 days later X3

So it's been 3 months... I thought it shouldn't be too hard to convert the c# to c++... can I expect an update in June? Maybe July? Or is it dead again?

6. kugi_igi

kugi_igi Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Punturin
    maybe dead strikes the devs again :p
    this game was good but with zombie infection,i think they should just focus on Forgotten Memories then make a sequel for this game and make it a lot better game ;)

7. Zithorio

Zithorio Member

Apr 17, 2010
    That would be a sensible plan, however, it would cost money for a sequel and we all know, when they're low on cash, bad things happen. As for forgotten memories, ya it looks pretty sick... And it looks pretty sick, wait what else? That's just my opinion on things, but a simple update to kill the crashing and lagging is all they need to do and at least they'd get better reviews and more players, then when they feel like doing things, bam, the whole cityscape is made and we don't have repetitive linear levels. Until then, wishful thinking?..

8. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Any news on the multiplayer update? or is this thing dead again.

9. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    The game didn't sell that well so I doubt they'll e wasting their time

10. Nekcik

Nekcik Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Aiken, South Carolina
    #70 Nekcik, Jul 1, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
    The problem is, is that I'm sure most of their sales for this came with the fact that multiplayer was mentioned to come in January. People took the jump because the dev said " buy it now as price is going to go up once multiplayer comes" now we are in July and still no multiplayer and on top of it the game has Ingame adds while your playing and so word from the dev. He may be working on forgotten memmories, but I encorage everyone to not buy his next release until he gets this game to the point it's suppose to be at.

11. Whosatm

Whosatm Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    They have to rewrite the game in another coding language because of an Apple policy. Once that is done they should start working on updates again.

12. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    There is no guarentee we will ever see Forgotten Memories or any sort of update for this game. It's technically possible. I'd expect Forgotten Memories to come out way before I'd ever expect to see any further work done on Dead Strike. There were issues with the in-game engine being utilized by this particular dev team and some of Apple's d-bag "middleware" policies. However, undertaking a massive overhaul of Dead Strike just doesn't seem like a worthwhile investment. I expect that Dead Strike has indeed been stricken dead.

13. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    The policy has been clarified since tato posted that so that Unity and most graphic middleware (such as Torque) are almost certainly OK. In any event, Apple has yet to remove one application because it's written using middleware or even using the Flash CS5 tool. Let's just say that I'm a bit dubious that the hold-up is due to Apple policies.

14. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    “Dubious” may be exactly the problem: Apple’s stance on the use of game engines is not 100% clear; they say one thing and do another. Things do look better now than they once did, but we still don’t have certainty. So, as a dev, even if you THINK your game is PROBABLY not going to be randomly pulled in some future purge, the uncertainty could certainly lead you to make some changes--or play “wait and see”--before sinking a ton of time and money into work that might get shut down.

So amidst this uncertainty, I wish the best of luck to Dead Strike, and hope to see awesome new versions whenever they may be ready :)

15. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    There's actually a new update in the Unity blog that clarifies exactly where the issues are in the new SDK and how they can be circumvented while still using Unity for the bulk of a game's development. If tato's team is using a custom engine that uses C# (or more likely .NET), then I can see why they would still have cause for concern. Ultimately, Apple's goal is to develop the iOS platform without being hindered by the whims of middleware vendors -- some of which (like Microsoft with .NET) are competitors. At the same time, one of the key marketing advantages of iOS has been it's relative openness compared to other gaming or mobile devices. I doubt that Apple (very much a marketing driven company) will risk that advantage in order to ensure 100% ownership of the code used to develop applications for the platform.

Of course, I'm not personally risking my ass(ets) on the platform, so it's easy for me to be more blase about it. As Josh from Crescent Moon like to say, though, you can always release it on Steam.

16. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #76 undeadcow, Jul 17, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2011
    It seems all editions of Dead Strike are no longer on iTunes; anyone know what's going on?

Edit: Sorry to bump an old thread; meant to post in the current games thread.

17. Bdragonst

Bdragonst Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Student
    Japan -> S.Korea -> USA
    the developer abandoned the game. new survival mode, co-op, new levels never came out.

18. tatoforever

tatoforever Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    Hello guys,
    For those ho don't know it yet, Psychoz Interactive recently sold Dead Strike to a company that is working on some updates and will also came out with an improved sequel.
    However, that company isn't the one ho co-developed the game. In fact, Psychoz Interactive only published the game and worked up few of it's updates to improve a bit Dead Strike.
    I can't tell you exactly how will the sequel be or any of it's updates as we don't follow/hold any Dead Strike rights but you'll surely know soon.
    King regards,