Dead Trigger by Madfinger Games

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by LBG, Jun 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kbcorwin

Kbcorwin Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    God's buddy
    Seattle, Washington
    It's a Remington 870 pump action shotgun.

2. Rad

Rad Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Washington
    "5th) We have some kind of story, but dont except too much. Its about killing zombies and have a lot of fun.."

It seems a lot of companies forget about just having fun when they make games. They add so many rules or management that it doesn't work.

This is what made original games like Doom and Serious Sam work so well and as a result were so "Fun".

Looking forward to the game can't wait !

3. VonWillebrand

VonWillebrand Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Europe
    Perhaps the most important question: is this free to play (only IAP) or premium (maybe some IAP)?

4. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    The game looks absolutely brilliant and it's a first day purchase for me.... I have a feeling it's just single player though, been scouting around looking for info and the devs have not mentioned MP. Too bad, I would rather have MP on Dead trigger than Shadowgun because Dead Trigger looks to be a lot more fun.

Regardless, I'll be happy. Have never seen an iOS zombie game with this much detail and amazing graphics !!

5. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    I remember the monumental hype around Shadowgun, where everyone was worshipping it as GOTC, and it turned out to be (while beautiful) very dull, so I am being cautiously optimistic with this.

6. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    It depends on your definition of "fun". I find games without a story dull and completely un-fun.

7. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Whether Shadowgun was dull or not is very much a matter of opinion ;). I don't think you can say that "it turned out" to be anything, since Madfinger delivered on exactly the game they promised. It just happened that some folks imagined more.

8. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Well, the Madfinger model is premium games, not freemium.
    The only reason Deadzone is going freemium is to boost the numbers of online players and the iap is limited to one off purchases of special equipment, which still won't be expensive. Plus it's only for equipment and skins which are not essential to the game or unbalance the game but do allow them to make some money on it.
    The pricing will essentially be the same as Shadowgun for this game. Possibly with a small element of iap. Either way an instabuy on day one.

9. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Well, it's a zombie game. Dead space is a good example of story making the game. The action and movement was slow paced and designed to be atmospheric. A great game.
    This is basically a kill em all, do it fast and do some torturing of them zombies on the way. A relatively basic principal that requires little story other than get from a to b alive. Which to me sounds like a lot of fun as well, just a different type. It just needs to be paced correctly.
    Blacks ops zombies has no real story either, its simply wave based and quite basic, but it is still fun and a huge sales success.
    Either way, I'm willing to bet this is going to be massive fun.

10. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    I'd really appreciate a co-op mode, but if that won't happen it'll still be an instabuy.

11. Johnny101

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    If there is Co-op, I'd bet sales would double !

12. Oktagon Games

Oktagon Games Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Game Developer
    Brazil
    A co-op mode sounds interesting for a Zombie Shooter :D
    Reminds me L4D, which certainly is a good thing!

13. MadFingerGames

MadFingerGames Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Brno, Czech Rep.
  14. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Thanks for the video! This just keeps looking better and better!! :-D

15. Johnny101

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    #115 Johnny101, Jun 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
    Looks good Marek,

Will there be Co-op in this game ? :D Also is there a zoom on the gun(s) ? thanks

16. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Damn, it still looks great. Nice to see proper live demo.
    That's one hell of an amount of blood splatter.
    Roll on end of month.
    By the way, is there any iron sight aiming? Not too bothered if theres not as I tend to hip fire on ios anyway but just curious.

17. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    A little lost??? Lol. Thanks for vid. And there has to be iron sights? Right?

18. Mhunt190

Mhunt190 Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    USA
    Looking good hope to play it soon.

19. bngo16

bngo16 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Jawdropping!

Wow! Madfingers, you guys are doing a great job! I've bought Samurai I and II and Shadowgun because they were amazing games. I can't wait for this one to come out. It would be great if there were also fast-moving zombies, different zombie types and a co-op mode, but if not, it's still an instant-buy for me.

Keep up the good work you guys!

20. Kbcorwin

Kbcorwin Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    God's buddy
    Seattle, Washington
    Mind blown. Guys, im's guessing no iron sights because of the lack of in alpha, but maybe they could add them... Would be great... Please, good without too though.