Universal Defender Chronicles II: Heroes of Athelia (By Gimka Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, May 23, 2012.

1. araczynski

araczynski Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    programmer
    omaha, ne
    too bad about the rushed ipad job, will wait for a fix before bother buying.

2. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    2.99 + Universal = Instabuy!

and right on time, lunch break! :D

3. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    Looks great on my ipad 2

4. Noah

Noah Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Male
    Development Manager
    Atlanta, GA
    Oh man, the 6th level is really tough with those annoying golems!!

5. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    #45 Teh_Ninja, May 24, 2012
    Last edited: May 24, 2012
    So what's the difference between the Archers Guild and the Lizardman Embassy?

EDIT: Found a bug. Clicking on the Hidden Trap in the Great Library cause the game to crash. iPod Touch 2nd gen. 4.2.1.

6. Jo.

Jo. Well-Known Member

May 30, 2009
    Seems to me like lizard men have a much shorter range and also get fire at level 3

7. cycler15

cycler15 Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2009
    OK, so I just bought the game and playing on the newest iPad. First off, I must say that Kingdom Rush is my all time favorite Tower Defense game with probably over 30 hours spent playing it. I also never played the original Defender Chronicles but just bought the latest one since I was reading so many good things about it.

First off... I am very underwhelmed. Played the first 2 levels and don't see what all the hype and rave reviews are about. The graphics do not look look good at all on the new iPad. Very dated. Looks like graphics from a game 2-3 years old. The animations are nowhere near as smooth and realistic as Kingdom Rush. Very herky jerky. The gameplay is bleh. Nothing special.

Looks like I'm back to waiting for endless levels on Kingdom Rush.

8. ReadingJim

ReadingJim Member

May 5, 2012
    It's disappointing to see IAP's in this :-(

Wish I'd realised this before I bought - would never have purchased.

9. ooba

ooba Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Just got the game. Have not played the original. Hoping it becomes my new time killer!

10. Rivozzz

Rivozzz Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    How to unlock the last 2 heroes? hope it's not by IAP... I can't find any guide how to unlock them!!!!!

11. Zinger314

Zinger314 Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2011
    This game doesn't have Fast App Switching.

12. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Admittedly I wasn't a huge fan of the original, but whatever thoughts I was even entertaining with regard to picking this one up were stopped dead in their tracks by the discovery of IAP inclusion.

The original was released a very long time ago, back when the app store was at a much more primitive stage and people were much easier to impress.

13. Rivozzz

Rivozzz Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    I don't know why I have the feelings that this game this time, everything is directing and pushing you to buy IAP.... Am I the only one to see this ?
    And how to unlock the last 2 heroes?

14. Jo.

Jo. Well-Known Member

May 30, 2009
    LOL what? The first game was amazing, it offered so much replayability that no other game offered. I guess people who sort of like this game are "in it for the grind." Playing to level up and buy new gear to make your character even better and conquer new difficulties. If your going to criticize the app store in its early years, you should probably go back and play the amazing games that came out in that era. If anything, the app store has become complete crap nowadays with freemium games, IAP purchase games, and clones of every single successful game.

15. RaptorF35

RaptorF35 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    People! The IAP is 100% OPTIONAL.

The only reason the first one got it was because people WANTED it, to support the developer and get neat UNNECESSARY items. Doesn't it make sense to do the same thing in here?

Sorry, getting annoyed of people complaining that "IAP totally ruined the game for me." You don't even realize its there until you get to the store, even then its not all up in your face about it.

16. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    I see you somehow managed to both misinterpret what I had actually said, and attempt to put words in my mouth. Luckily, beginning any post with "LOL" automatically renders whatever follows irrelevant.

17. Jo.

Jo. Well-Known Member

May 30, 2009
    LOL! You made me laugh twice so thanks. This is why I rarely come on Touch Arcade anymore. It's just full of snotty forum brats who think they are better than everyone else, there's no actual discussion about good app's, and the reviews are just god awful. Using the website as a reliable news source is all its good for.. Anyways thanks again Gabrien for the good laugh. I hope you communicate with others in real life as good as well as you do in these forums ;)

18. Plast2

Plast2 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    You do this through the Great Library. I will make it clearer in the in-game Game Guide and the forum.

19. Plast2

Plast2 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    The IAP options are, as many have mentioned, 100% optional. You do NOT need to use these options to have, and get, the FULL DC2 game experience. - And future updates are free and will not be sold through IAP. - IAP is simply there for a bit of extra fun. If you don't like IAP, just pretend it's not there :) - There are no pop-ups directing you to IAP. The only option to reach IAP options at all, is visiting the Imperial Store on the world map.

20. coxy

coxy Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2011
    England
    You try to make Gabrien sound bad - but to be honest reading your post you're the one who sounds strange my friend...