Demon's Rise - Temple of Shadows

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by WaveLightGames, Oct 27, 2016.

1. WaveLightGames

WaveLightGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Might be right. The whole game will have a strong Saxon / Viking theme so the character won't resemble an Amazon at all. Not Greco-Roman but more Saxon shield wall.

Here's a pic of the cleric WIP from my 3d modelling tool:

[​IMG]Cleric raw image by Rajpreet Dhillon, on Flickr

2. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Sort of. Xcom has you selecting with a line/path to the spot you wanna move to. Kind of highlighting the grid as you move the thumb stick from one spot to another.

Everything is looking good, keep it up!

3. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Thanks, I'll look into it and see what could work with my code.

By the way, Demon's Rise 2 launched today.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/demons-rise-2-lords-of-chaos/id1153028211?ls=1&mt=8

4. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Did some more work on elven knights / nobles. They will wear a mix of gold and green / lacquer plate armour. Here's a close up of one in my 3d modelling tool. I think she looks rather striking.

[​IMG]elf female knight by Rajpreet Dhillon, on Flickr

Will try to have some in-game pictures of her and her point-eared compatriots soon.

5. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #25 Nullzone, Nov 15, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
    Shield Maidens. Valkyries. Erwaehler der Gefallenen (the German sound so much better to me than the English version "chooser of the slain").
    And of course, her: http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Valkia_the_Bloody
    Not a valkyrie, strictly speaking, but a Chosen of Khorne nonetheless, and a damn good story to boot: http://www.incunabulum.co.uk/LessonsInBlood.htm

I really like the more realistic medieval style of the Cleric's clothing, more of that please ;)

And the Elves seem to be the usual flower-munching pansies ;) Just kidding. The helmet reminds me a lot of Warhammer's Eldar. That was your inspiration, yes?

6. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Thanks ... but I should point out that I didn't make the armour. One of my colleagues, Steve Finney, did the design. I take his work and put it in another tool to add a character and make male / female variants. Then I go through the arduous task of taking his ridiculously high polygon models and turning them into optimized, low poly models suitable for mobile. I kid you not ... he once had a character that had boot straps that were around 7000 polygons. Most of my entire characters end up being between 5000 to 20000 polygons so 7000 for leather straps on a pair of boots was excessive. :)

7. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Did some work on creating new characters. Here's one of the first enemy's ... a fearsome Aelderman of Nordhelm. The barony has switched from green to a red heraldry to make them stand out more. For those not in the know, an "Aelderman" is the equivalent of a knight / noble in Saxon hierarchy.

[​IMG]Nordhelm Thane by Rajpreet Dhillon, on Flickr

8. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada