Derelict

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Team Derelict, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Team Derelict

Team Derelict Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Ive redone the title

2. Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    Oh goody oh goody.

You get the 3 peeps yet?

I have no iPad, otherwise I'd gladly participate, and I never care about beta testing sizzle, but this game has a certain je ne sais quoi.

3. Team Derelict

#43 Team Derelict, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
    Lots of stuff done.

I recoloured the soldiers, sharper highlights. I doubled the fire rate for soldiers, doubled health for bugs

This means there's also 2x the chance for the soldier to miss (based on the percent they were hitting at before) so a much stronger need for accuracy boosts given by ranking up.

Work is slow otherwise, but we are working hard. I've been play testing all night, trying to fine tune it. It plays harder, but still beatable. So I'm off to bed

We need to implement the armor as well as get the shotguns working. There's a little bug that messes the game up with the shotguns missing everything when fired, or that's what seems like the problem is. So currently, no shotguns

No work on the tutorials, or story yet... But it's better to polish now instead of taking it easy, waiting for more coding.

I could be making more money $10 an hour working at subway. Well, currently making $0. For the hours I've been putting in that's about $0 an hour
    Sweet

Hopefully we will get a bonus at the end.

But I love my work, it's what I do. I love every part of it

4. Team Derelict

I'm also trying to convince we need shadows

I'm told that's impossible but maybe you, the readers can hear my idea

Imagine the fog of war in Starcraft. In our game.

But imagine it was only clear where the soldiers stood, and a ways down the corridors that were seen. So doors would block it. As well as walls

I think it would look cool. It would help find the soldiers in the level, as well as give some shadows for the dross to sneak around in

Hopefully it's not on the chopping block, and be implemented eventually

5. Darth Nihilus

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    I like the sound of that, it would increase the feeling of claustrophobia, plus anything that makes the game more difficult is welcome by me.

6. Team Derelict

[​IMG]

We are getting the serious work done tomorrow :D I will update here as we progress.

Shotguns soon? Fingers crossed

7. Team Derelict

[​IMG]

OK so we bumped the poly count from 500 to 1500 on the soldiers, need to retexture them now

SOOO much work! But we are aiming high! hopefully you like it

8. Darth Nihilus

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    Ahhhh pulse rifles!!! Are those for real???? Please say yes!

9. Team Derelict

Sadly those are placeholder. But we are designing a new gun!

anyways i came here to share the work on the soldier
    here it is

[​IMG]

Here is work on the gun

[​IMG]

10. Team Derelict

Still working, here are some bugs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Work in progress obviously

11. Darth Nihilus

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    Love the design.

12. Team Derelict

So, Working on more corridors. Lots of work to do!

[​IMG]

13. Tyra

Tyra Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2011
    Illustration & Graphic Designs
    Germany
    Looks nice :D

As a female player I hope there are some female soldiers too ;)

14. Woodrith

Woodrith Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2014
    Hooaah
    Outerbounds
    Yes please!

Liking the work on this game, looks amazing, visuals coming together beautifully!

Just some quick questions for you or for anyone who might know. While it is a RTS, will you have the ability to pause to make commands or will everything be at the moment, on the fly? Also, will the squad be mindless drones you don't care about or more like x-com, where you can personally name them, change gender and skins, and have them rank up from a poor squaddie all the way to colonel? Last but not least, will you need to research or simply gain money from kills to buy new armor and weapons?

Can't wait to see this fully developed and happy to hear no IAPs, might not hurt to add a donation button that isn't to in your face in the game, really like supporting indie developers on iOS.

15. smt

smt Member

Apr 22, 2013
    It looks interesting! I like those bugs! :)

16. Team Derelict

[​IMG]

Ill start putting some ideas for female soldiers together :D But they may look so similar with all the bulky armor that a separate model may not be needed. as I said I will look into it

OK so a few answers for a few questions:
    you can name your soldiers and they progress through the game. If they all die then the level can be restarted. If only half make it through you can choose to lose your soldiers and continue with the surviving ones

the soldiers Rank is upgradable,

you gain moneys from beating missions, and missions within missions. This money can be spent on guns and gear.

As with any art I have to do it all myself. Im also doing the level designs and animation. pretty much everything that needs doing other than programming :D

I like the bugs too, they remind me of the seashore. They are more briny and bumpy than smooth and shiny. I worry they're looking a bit plastic in game...

I will share with you how everything is turning out in a new video. But any ideas are welcome. what should I do a video on? art? I haven't done anything about the art for a while. :D

thanks everyone for reading! we are going strong, despite our current holiday situations :p I have to eat turkey tomorrow so I'm getting lots done now!

17. Woodrith

Woodrith Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2014
    Hooaah
    Outerbounds
    Art or any type of customization you can do or both!!!:)

Also thanks for answering back and can't wait to see new developments coming out of this! Quickie question...will there be an opportunity to ever hire new recruits or what you got is it? Possibly pick up semi experienced recruits by doing harder mini missions? Keep up the hard work brother and good luck surviving after eating turkey:D

18. Team Derelict

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just taking it easy, I made this alt corridor art to add some variety to the levels.

Since the holidays are over we will be getting more programming done too. Looking forward to it ;D

19. Team Derelict

the default soldier amount is 5 and they rank up from the recruit level.

I wouldn't say if you find any survivors of higher rank as that that will ruin the story. :p So be prepared to be surprised

thank you for the questions and kind words. Thank you for the interest in the game too!