Derelict

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Team Derelict, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Team Derelict

Team Derelict Well-Known Member

Something came in the mail...

wonder what it is?...

[​IMG]

2. Team Derelict

#82 Team Derelict, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
    Its my 3d prints! Im attempting to paint them... Used to be good at that

3. Team Derelict

[​IMG]

Ok, back to work

4. Team Derelict

[​IMG]

Heavy soldier is now done ;D yay

5. Team Derelict

Starting work on the guns. just getting a feel for the uvs, and such. so its wip.

but work is progressing :D

[​IMG][​IMG]

6. Woodrith

Woodrith Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2014
    Hooaah
    Outerbounds
    I'm liking it! Reminds me for some reason of the GI Joe figures. It's looking good, can't wait to get my hands on this game!

7. Team Derelict

I will point out these guns will be VERY tiny on screen. We are limited by texture size and poly count. These are made for the hands of starcraft size units.

So yea, here are the newer guns so far

[​IMG]

8. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Whoa. That's a really nice print. And a really nice paint job too.

And I'm liking how decked out the soldiers are looking

9. xsprint

xsprint Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2014
    Woah!

What amazing artwork and a nice 3d prints hahahahhahah

This game promise to be a best seller in the Market.

You are the only developer by now, that prints it's game to see how is it going.

Srry the english btw.
    Have a nice one, I am Always looking here, even if I dont post (because of spam xD)

Best regards !!!

10. Team Derelict

Making guns are easy. I guess im not working hard enough haha...

anyways ill be able to paint over them if they look out of place or dont look right in game...

[​IMG]

Im going to have more gameplay stuff to share soon. We are getting the soldiers playable and the guns working too. Hopefully Ill have a new video today if not tomorrow...

as always we are still working, gotta get it done :D just wanted to show whats new.

As for the new pistol, its the advanced pistol. It looks good at all distances and the red is good to tell the player that its the advanced pistol, not the regular one (which is yellowish)

I havent shared any new gameplay stuff because of the soldiers getting redone. Currently there are no soldiers and nothing really goes on in game. Once the soldiers are back ill be able to work on having the player know who is carrying what gun and such...

11. xsprint

Aug 4, 2014
    Waiting for gameplay vídeo.

Love this game and I dont have it yet hahahah

best regards.

12. Team Derelict

Thank you! Ill try to get more beta keys soon, and a new video

however, things are slow. Its much harder on the programming end of things. Where I can finish one, maybe 2 models in a sitting, it takes weeks of programming work for anything of substance. And thats what we are aiming for

All we can do is cheer him on :D I know I do

[​IMG]

13. xsprint

Aug 4, 2014
    As I can see, we will have diferente weapons available to buy/use in each level huh?

I'd like to try beta, but only if it's available. Nice work anyways. Amazing job.

14. Team Derelict

Yes, you can choose what soldiers carry what guns. The small guns are cheaper than the big ones.

Small guns are secondary guns and have infinite ammo, they cost about 100 credits each to give to the soldiers. Remember that each level you have a limited amount of resources, so it may be better to give soldiers pistols and rank, compared to big guns. (It is going to be balanced that way, eventually)

The SMG is comparable to the rifle, the Shorty is a 2 shot Shotgun

The tree starts at the base pistol and branches to the upgraded pistol, and the variants.

They arent all that powerful, but there will be a few times where they will come in handy

If the soldier runs out of primary ammo they switch to secondary gun. Also if the soldier is carrying a turret to place in the level they will have one hand free for their secondary pistol gun.

I will try to make something special for you iphone users. I just need to make the gui for the loadout bigger, easier to read from far away or on a small screen. Fingers crossed we will have an iphone test level for those interested.

It would also run on ipad

+++BEHIND THE SCENES+++
    on a more technical note, 400 points is = 400 points regardless (in default location, not locations geared toward close or long range combat)

so, if i gave the advanced pistol (100), and 3 Rank ups (300) that would give me 8 damage x 8 shots at 95% accuracy

compared to a rifle (200), 2 clips of ammo (100), one rank up so 4 damage x 45 shots at 75% accuracy

hopefully that will balance out eventually, and shows how the point allocation will work

15. xsprint

Aug 4, 2014
    Thank you for such professional post.

Always up-to-date here.

Your damage system seems fine enough.

As i dont played this game, i can't tell how the gaming go on.

I hope i can get beta as i have testflight haha

16. Team Derelict

[​IMG]

I have to double check but im finishing up on the guns. I may retouch a few of them.

We are working on making a demo. Dont worry, it will go to the right people
    I will say i do not know when itll be done, but i will keep everyone posted

17. Woodrith

Woodrith Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2014
    Hooaah
    Outerbounds
    Awesome, great to hear there will be some customization choices we can make, especially useful for us chair tacticians. Will there be a chance of jamming or weapons breaking down?

18. Team Derelict

no plans for jamming guns

Here is some work on the ship

[​IMG]

19. xsprint

Aug 4, 2014
    oH, so if I can understand, this game will have na intro like "dead space" ? That would be awesome, and also would show the 3D graphics .

Nice work !!!!! The ship seems to have much details (even been your v1 ship - i think kkk - )

Best Regards!

20. Team Derelict

It would be pretty cool if we could do a fly in cinematic, but the model isnt quite there yet. As with everything it looks better from far away.

Im hoping to do some docking and boarding stuff, but that would be similar to the in game stuff, and not the main menu ship. The shuttle would have a see through roof like the corridors, and it would connect into the corridors on the first level. But making all that is tonnes of work so we will see if the idea becomes reality.

Im not sure, but i think the loadout gui is needing to be done next. It needs to include the new armor choices and guns. (Which are being worked on right now :D)

Thats about it... I colour things because its fun, im procrastinating, putting off animating

[​IMG]

Ill keep you informed on how things are going