Derelict

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Team Derelict, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Team Derelict

Team Derelict Well-Known Member

this could be the shuttle, (If im going to build it in 3d) Hmmmm

[​IMG]

2. xsprint

xsprint Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2014
    WOW!!! In 3D it would become awesome!
    Nice 2D artwork. Always here reading everything (and and making the thread more popular).
    Keep going!

3. Woodrith

Woodrith Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2014
    Hooaah
    Outerbounds
    Ship design is looking good, I'm guessing gameplay involves getting to smaller ship(s) safely?

4. Team Derelict

your team is commanded to reclaim the derelict. So you would start at the shuttle, it would dock with the derelict, and then you would essentially clean out the derelict. The mission would end when everyone else can safely enter the ship, for repairs and the like. Mind you that depends on how the story goes...

My dilemma is the shuttle would only be used for the first level. So it shoots way down on the priority list

Now im figuring out how to add female soldiers to the roster. Either by the characters voice in the existing bulky armor or making a new set of armor

5. Team Derelict

Super excited about how things are going! Everything is turning out awesome

6. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Would be nice if there were visual differences for female soldiers.

Also, I'm digging the design of the derelict. Reminds me a lot of the Ishimura

And glad to hear things are going well!

7. Team Derelict

Everything always looks like something... :p But thats a good thing, better that than have it look like nothing

I made a short video, please check it out. In it im holding a camera with one hand, and playing the game with the other.

Should show everyone how the game is played,

8. xsprint

Aug 4, 2014
    WOW, sorry for waiting so long to answer, but I only got internet today and came here to see.

DAMN! This game looks amazing, cant wait to make some strategies.

Thank you for your gameplay! I really wanted to see hwo was it.

Even in no audio of you saying, I almost missed some subtitles 'coze i were paying attention too much to the vĂ­deo hahahaha.

Awesome job; noone did this kind before.
    Hope to see more of this. Maybe expert difficulty? :3 ahhaahhaha

Have a nice one!

9. Grifman

Grifman Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2014
    This game looks fun but what's up with the garish armor colors? In the initial screen it looked appropriately military gray, but when you boarded the ship you had those horrible red shoulder pads. Please tell me I can set the color of my armor. There's a preason the British stopped wearing red coats and I don't think it's changed in the future. They look like clowns, not soldiers.

10. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Hmm, I have to say I liked the way the first video looked better. The isometric view was nice and the smaller character models felt better. Now they look kinda big and clunky

11. Team Derelict

this is good to know, ill fix it

Tell me how the later stuff looks (im going to have more stuff soon)

12. Team Derelict

Haha, I need the soldiers to be identified by armor and shoulderpads. those are the criteria. Now about the brightness. Ill mute it so it looks better...

thanks everyone for the comments

13. Team Derelict

Medium soldier is done, just linking all the animations

14. WaveLightGames

WaveLightGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Wow ... looks great. I'm actually planning to make a game with an identical story / theme but as a turn based game. God luck with this game!

15. Team Derelict

I get what you are getting at. Similar, not identical. Yes its a really cool idea with many ways it can go! so good luck to you too, keep me informed on how things go!

Ive uploaded a new video, this shows the soldiers just chillin in the room of death, as you know there are no exits and the soldiers just stand inside till they cant defend any more.

Inside i put a captain, 2 adept soldiers, and 2 rookie soldiers. however i forgot to give the captain more ammo so he was using his pistol.

Notice the soldiers are green since they are using rifles, and the shoulderpad matches their rank.

16. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Yup, I like that video much better :D

Also, that's cool that the armors change depending on the soldiers Loadout and rank

17. xsprint

Aug 4, 2014
    NICE!!!!! The soldiers look well polished and also more easy to know who they are.

Keep going!!!!! :D:D:D::D

18. Team Derelict

Still working.

Here is a video of how things are going. We plan to have the guns and heavy soldiers working soon, cant wait!

Remember that the video is sped up 2x faster than the actual game, just for time purposes.

Im working on level art as well as laying out and testing the levels. I just finished playtesting level 1, about 20x times :p so i recorded me playing it

The demo and everything is wrapping up, we are almost done... Just a month more of planned work then everything (for the demo levels) should be done ;D

So thats pretty exciting.

19. Woodrith

Woodrith Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2014
    Hooaah
    Outerbounds
    Getting a lot of work done since I last put eyes on this, great to see. Interested in how easy it will be to manage and move your team in real time with a touch screen. Floating camera or fixed?

20. Team Derelict

check out one of my earlier posts of an earlier video, you can see 1:1 how i move and swipe fingers and how the camera and soldiers react. should show you exactly what you want to know
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhOxDKcyjRI&list=UUH0kJhIFZGasoK6rGvlIn4A
    Two finger swipe moves the camera. So you can look around where you want