Desert Zombie: Last Stand

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by arta, Jun 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Nope, your post is fine. What is awkward is the way you interpret my post.. Not once did I come close to saying what you are implying. I would quote myself here if it weren't possibly advertising a company nonrelevant to this thread.

2. Appbolt

Appbolt Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2010
    Can we anticipate this coming early August? Like this or next week?

3. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Konami, EA, and Capcom are major, multi-platform "console" devs. They don't operate within an iOS vaccum. Those companies are chasing after the big fish, which is to sell 3-5 million units of a console game for $59.99, as opposed to however many units of an iOS game for $.99c-4.99. Basically, those big companies have no real incentive to invest big in iOS development or to allocate vast amounts of effort into what amounts to mobile games. EA does a decent job. Better then most. But they are only going to try so hard on a game that they know before they even develop it will sell on the Appstore for $4.99.

Gameloft, on the otherhand, has a proven money making formula. I doubt they see much of an incentive to drastically change the way they do business. If it's not broken in terms of the bottom line--"it" being the company's ability to maximize profits (and it's not)--then why would Gameloft do anything to change it?

4. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    I actually like some of Gameloft's games. It's either hit or miss with those guys. If only they would make every game like they did Modern Combat 2, there wouldn't be any gameloft haters at all !! I think that March of Heroes could be a winner and I'll probably buy that one.

5. barryweiser

barryweiser Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Any updated ETA for this game? Looks like an insta-buy for me when it hits...

6. ijoygroup

ijoygroup Active Member

Jul 22, 2011
    game developer
    HONG KONG
    Looks great. But it seems the player cannot move? just stand there and shoot?

7. GasparZizou

GasparZizou Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2010
    MKT student, intern in an advertising agency.
    Guadalajara
    no, its free roam, it looks mighty

8. firedog

firedog Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2010
    when is it going to release?

9. mellamohoracio

mellamohoracio Active Member

Nov 5, 2010
    i think later this month.

really excited for this month! :D

10. Johnny101

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    The end of the month cannot come soon enough!! I'm just waiting for this game to come out. Right now, there is nothing on the app store worth purchasing:( Looking forward to a good Shooter game!!

11. Taytay

Taytay Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
  12. AssassinEman

AssassinEman Active Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Male
    Video looks awesome! Can't wait to get this one within the next couple of weeks. Does anyone know if there will be a survival mode in this game or if it's more story/level based?

13. Madman100

Jul 6, 2011
    That looks sweet! Except I'm not too big on the UDK control scheme. The right anolog always seems a bit off. Maybe I can get used to it idk. CoD Zombies has the same thing so it shouldn't be too bad. :eek:

Maybe they'd add an update for swipe view controls in the future if at all possible since all these free roam UDK games use the dual stick controls. O'well, still excited for this one and definitely picking it up!

14. GasparZizou

GasparZizou Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2010
    MKT student, intern in an advertising agency.
    Guadalajara
    don't worry, itll have control schemes including aim swipe, what im worried about is the auto aim, auto aim has to stop, FOR GOOD in iOS.

15. Madman100

Jul 6, 2011
    Nice. I've gotten used to the DS controls somewhat after playing CoD Zombies but optional control schemes are a big plus! And yeah auto aim is whack now but I remember thanking God for it when I first started playing shooters on my iPod. It's more for new players who have a rough time with the touchscreen controls. IMO every shooter now should have options to adjust it or turn it off.

16. PnExT

PnExT Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2011
    lol funny zombies

17. Johnny101

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    On the comments on you tube. Crystalised mentioned that the controls will definately have different options. I also believe that you will have the option to disable auto aim. This game looks unbelievable. I am going to purchase this instantly:D

18. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

So is this game definitely coming out in August?

19. Taytay

Taytay Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Have your 5.99 usd ready this is definetly coming in august a release date trailer is in the works & to all asking about the controls yes you will have different control options & can disable the auto aim

20. Johnny101

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    thanks for the info Taytay,

From what I gather on facebook, Desert zombies will have multiplayer. This game will be unstoppable !